Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this is a PR exercise by the AFL. Does anyone really believe they wold not be granting exemptions on 'medical grounds' to a superstar player that refused to be vaccinated. If you're a check out kid at IGA don't think of trying to get an exemption, but I guarantee there'll be a dodgy one given to Darling and we'll never hear about it.

Lol this is a PR exercise by the AFL. Does anyone really believe they wold not be granting exemptions on 'medical grounds' to a superstar player that refused to be vaccinated. If you're a check out kid at IGA don't think of trying to get an exemption, but I guarantee there'll be a dodgy one given to Darling and we'll never hear about it.
I don't know, the Eagles would be very keen on Darling's balls to get bigger.

Not when its law in states

Patrikios is a 2 times best and fairest at the Saints AKA a star of the game

She is sitting out

Obviously not a bright girl, lucky she can play Footy (Well actually she can't now)

Not when its law in states

Patrikios is a 2 times best and fairest at the Saints AKA a star of the game

She is sitting out

Obviously not a bright girl, lucky she can play Footy (Well actually she can't now)
It's mandatory that you have to be vaccinated unless you have a valid medical exemption.
There might be doctors in the western suburbs lining up to give any eagle that wants one an exemption. Would be a nice way into the president's box as a guest at a home game

It seems like anyone with access to social media has the ability to become a peanut so fingers crossed!

Could you come to America and help get the peanuts (like half the county) vaccinated? I’d really appreciate that. I’d even buy you a cold one while your here to show my appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's mandatory that you have to be vaccinated unless you have a valid medical exemption.
There might be doctors in the western suburbs lining up to give any eagle that wants one an exemption. Would be a nice way into the president's box as a guest at a home game
Would hope medical professionals know better than to lie about medical history but you are probably right

The grounds for a medical exception are very specific and relate to pretty rare circumstances. You'd be taking a pretty big risk as medical professional just handing them out. You'd get degresitered if caught.

The grounds for a medical exception are very specific and relate to pretty rare circumstances. You'd be taking a pretty big risk as medical professional just handing them out. You'd get degresitered if caught.
I didn't say they would be handing them out willy nilly, I specifically said if you are working at IGA you've no chance of getting one, but I suspect there's one rule for the WA elite and one rule for the masses. Like Kerry Stokes and mandatory hotel quarantine, so may it be Jack Darling and mandatory vaccination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say they would be handing them out willy nilly, I specifically said if you are working at IGA you've no chance of getting one, but I suspect there's one rule for the WA elite and one rule for the masses. Like Kerry Stokes and mandatory hotel quarantine, so may it be Jack Darling and mandatory vaccination
You have to have had anaphalaxis after a vaccine or be allergic to specific componets of these vaccines (and they're different).
Then the doctor has to lodge it in a national database.

WC get plenty of legs up over us, pretty sure they wont get one here though.

Last edited:
AFL can grant exemptions all the want but the states won’t allow them entry to play. A club will not want want a player on their list who can only play some games and bring the huge negative publicity of being an anti-vaxxer, no matter how good they are.
I would cut up my membership if any Fremantle player put themselves before the club and public and went down the exemption route and the club supported it. Having said that there is zero chance that happens at Freo. Garlic has stated in the worst Freo is on track to meet the AFL vaccine policy.

What valid medical exemption could a professional athlete put forward. Any genuine exemptions would prevent them from playing at an elite level.

What valid medical exemption could a professional athlete put forward. Any genuine exemptions would prevent them from playing at an elite level.
We've had players in the AFL, on our side, with conditions like Crohn's disease that can require sections of bowel to be removed.

An autoimmune reaction to a vaccine isn't going to exclude you from playing at the top level. I suspect that the system will fairly record someone as being vaccinated if they are medically except from actually being vaccinated and we will never need know the medical information of players.

If you were being conspiratorial then given that nobody has ever recorded two strikes in AFL history without there being an already existing police or public exposure of it - that the AFL will record whatever it needs to in order for their best players to take the field.

We've had players in the AFL, on our side, with conditions like Crohn's disease that can require sections of bowel to be removed.

An autoimmune reaction to a vaccine isn't going to exclude you from playing at the top level. I suspect that the system will fairly record someone as being vaccinated if they are medically except from actually being vaccinated and we will never need know the medical information of players.

If you were being conspiratorial then given that nobody has ever recorded two strikes in AFL history without there being an already existing police or public exposure of it - that the AFL will record whatever it needs to in order for their best players to take the field.
I wasn’t being conspiratorial in any way.
the AFL/PA 3 strikes policy is not a public health order, enforceable by law.
Exemptions must recorded on AIR by the Dr granting/applying for it. Temp exemptions can be made to the CHO also.
Patients who are being treated for Chronic inflammatory conditions on medical treatments such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and similar who are being treated with Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) or immune-suppressive or immunomodulatory therapies have been recommended by ATAGI’s lastest advice to get a 3rd dose(as of this month) and we’re originally 1b cat for early vaccination and therefore would not be granted an exemption as it is recommended they are vaccinated.

Last edited:
I wasn’t being conspiratorial in any way.
the AFL/PA 3 strikes policy is not a public health order, enforceable by law.
Exemptions must recorded on AIR by the Dr granting/applying for it. Temp exemptions can be made to the CHO also.
Patients who are being treated for Chronic inflammatory conditions on medical treatments such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and similar who are being treated with Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) or immune-suppressive or immunomodulatory therapies have been recommended by ATAGI’s lastest advice to get a 3rd dose(as of this month) and we’re originally 1b cat for early vaccination and therefore would not be granted an exemption as it is recommended they are vaccinated.
I'm not saying that someone ill with something else would get an exemption, I'm saying that having a condition that warrants an exemption isn't going to exclude them from being able to play AFL as you said.

The thing with these big systems of governance are that they don't record what actually has happened, they record the paperwork lodged around it. For example, a player walking in, having the tablet record that they have consented and being injected, taking a selfie and posting to social media will be exactly the same as a player walking in, having the tablet record that they have consented, taking a selfie and posting to social media.

The system will show exactly the same, they even both had their public health social media post. Who are you to question it?

I'm not saying that someone ill with something else would get an exemption, I'm saying that having a condition that warrants an exemption isn't going to exclude them from being able to play AFL as you said.

The thing with these big systems of governance are that they don't record what actually has happened, they record the paperwork lodged around it. For example, a player walking in, having the tablet record that they have consented and being injected, taking a selfie and posting to social media will be exactly the same as a player walking in, having the tablet record that they have consented, taking a selfie and posting to social media.

The system will show exactly the same, they even both had their public health social media post. Who are you to question it?
What conditions would allow a player to be exempt from vaccination that would still allow them to be competitive at AFL level.

N
An allergy to vaccines would do it. Players don't need to have needles to play at the highest level.
Nope. Has to be the specific components of one of the 3 approved vaccines. Any reaction to previous other vaccines needs to documented in the AIR and must have been a “live vaccine” amongst other conditions.
You are confusing the afl policy with state government health orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back