Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh side effects.

Headache, temporary heart issues (that might coincidently highlight some other unknown health issue).

What are we arguing here. Your career, paycheck over a temporary possibility. Is that your argument

meaningless troponin bumps, not even real heart issues. And many more worried well who come to ED with "chest pain"

I was reliably informed an aged care facility has a significantly unvaxxed population of residents.

I doubt these people are conspiracy theorists and extreme right wingers given the average age
that could have more to do with issues around consent, family members/ medical decision makers not being available or appointed, and the difficulty that immobile aged care patients would have accessing vaccine (reliant on visiting medical/ nursing staff which logistically is challenging)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so you’re quoting the headline of a paper that you don’t buy.

why is that?

The headline and first bit is free. Just shared as I thought you'd find it interesting

In trouble from who?

My bet it’s an aged care facility run by a religious group.

No idea but just in case.

Not a religious joint

My guess is cause they are many sick people they prefer to not risk it.

But there's apparently a lot of corona in the surrounding area..

I was nearly sold on it and ready to get vaxed but seeing my wife and friend get quite sick I’m gonna put it off til I know I can afford a week off if at all

My whole family was done. My ( almost ex ) wife had headaches and tiredness for maybe a day after the first pfizer shot.
My daughters boyfriend had a severe reaction on the first pfizer shot, vomiting and fever, lasted a day and a half. ( he probably should have called 000 based on the vaccine information card ). He missed two days work. Described it as like a bout of gastro.
One of my son's girlfriend was very reluctant, because she doesn't like needles , but she had no reaction.
One of my sons threw up after his second shot , but there were no other symptoms, and in hindsight he thinks he may have pigged out on too much junk food that day.

Most other people i know have had the shot and none have had side effects bad enough that they bothered to tell me.

If anything the AZ seems to have less side effects, but you can get the blood clotting disorder , that is thought to be something to do with genetics. ( very low number of people in the population ). This is probably the single most dangerous side effect.
The same genetic disposition probably means that if you have it , you will also get blood clots if you catch Covid.

I think you've made the right decision regarding your daughters.

Long term side effects are currently unknown. The vaccines have only been out in the public for less than a year, and previously tested for around 8 months. That's not a long enough period to monitor and test for long term effects.

How the government can lie through its teeth and say it's "safe" is mind blowing. Even more mind blowing that people actually believe the government and refuse to do their own research and draw conclusions for themselves.

Now this is just stupid.
Unless i'm mistaken you are not a medical expert.
You simply can't do research.
Also you probably can't tell if the elevator in the high rise apartment meets the building code ( stipulated and enforced by the Goverment you don't believe ).
You don't know if the airbag in your car will go off at the right time.

Watching you tube is not research.

Researchers go to medical school and work in laboratories in white coats.

Problem is many of those healthcare workers (mostly nurses) are spreading the misinformation. Health care workers had surprisingly low vaccine rates before mandates came in.

I don't think its "many" but some. More nurses than doctors. I think its very rare in Australia for doctors to refuse the vaccine.
The AFLW player who chose not to vaccinate was a nurse in a Hospital in S.A. That hospital has some of the lowest vaccine rates in all the S.A.hospitals.

A fair portion of society didn’t want the jabs but the disgusting governments forced their hand by putting their job on the line so they had to get the jab. People say oh those people made the right choice when they had no other choice. Parents will do anything to put food on the family and when you have a mortgage and are saddled in debt you have no choice. They had no other choice other then to get vaccinated.

For those who think mandatory vaccines are great, you guys are fascists. Often you’ll be the first to call out those who protest, these kill the bill, pro choice protestors and people fascists when you are the real fascists yourself. Anyone who supports mandatory vax is a straight up fascist.

Part of the Oxford definition of fascist is the “forcible suppression of opposition”. Exactly what has happened to those who oppose or question the vaccine. That’s what you’ve done and want to create with your mandates. There is no choice with this vaccine, a lot of people had no choice. But they get their freedoms back if they get the vaccine. Since when has the government owned your freedom, no your freedoms are inherent. The government cannot and should never leverage your freedoms over a vaccine but youre ok with that.

take a hard long look at yourselves and those who support mandatory vax. You’re all fascists. Happy to discuss further into into this but I’m expecting an uproar of fascists coming after me 🤣

If i'm on Spacex and some lunatic decides to open the door i'll happily be a fascist and stop them.

If people are too stupid to realize it was never about personal choice then there is nothing left to argue.

Is it so hard to accept that sometimes society needs to take a concerted approach?
Surely that's what puts humans ahead of animals.

In general terms, I'm not sure how I feel about mandatory vaccines, but if you can be vaccinated and choose not to be, then you're also choosing the consequence of that decision. If that means shops and businesses exclude you from their venues, so be it. You made a choice, they made a choice, and if you don't like their choice... well, you wouldn't want someone to dictate your choices to you, now would you?

In general terms, I'm not sure how I feel about mandatory vaccines, but if you can be vaccinated and choose not to be, then you're also choosing the consequence of that decision. If that means shops and businesses exclude you from their venues, so be it. You made a choice, they made a choice, and if you don't like their choice... well, you wouldn't want someone to dictate your choices to you, now would you?
That’s plain discrimination on a persons medical choices, completely different to choosing to take a vaccine

Hard to bill un-vaccinated patients when you have un-vaccinated cops, ambos and medical staff all the way down the line.

Gooses and ganders.

Unless a person has a valid reason to not be vaccinated. ("sky fairy said no" not a valid reason) then no job where you come into any contact with the vulnerable.
That would cover all emergency services, medical and psychiatric care, aged care, child care etc.
I have no issue with anyone being un-vaxxed in a mining, construction, retail etc etc situation.

Apart from the fact that having a portion of the population un-vaccinated will assist in a controlled spread, necessary for evolving immune response, it gives an indicator of the how virulent the virus mutations may be.

If everyone who is un-vaccinated starts dying en masse then we know we have a major issue and can respond.
A balanced approach, pity we never seem to get that in VIC over the last 2 years

Retail and other businesses didn't make a choice. It's a government mandate.

That’s plain discrimination on a persons medical choices, completely different to choosing to take a vaccine

It's not discrimination. If you choose not to get vaccinated, you present a greater risk of spreading the disease. In the case of covid, it spreads easily and, even aside from the deaths, can be dehabilitating. If businesses want to protect their staff and customers from undue risk, that is their right.

Retail and other businesses didn't make a choice. It's a government mandate.

If it's a mandate that's slightly different, though a government has a duty of care to protect its citizens. Letting unvaccinated people spread a damaging and potentially fatal disease in the interest of 'freedom' would be criminally irresponsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back