News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In other news regarding Carlton, they are campaigning for a new version of the Aussie rules football.

85d01dd486145cb4c3199324c3cd2bd3.jpg
Imagine just how good Plugger would have been if this was a thing.

Well, at the end of the day, we selected a player at the draft and consequently invested time and resources into them, only to have them elect to deem themselves unfit for the role that we have employed them to do. No matter which path you take to get there, those are the facts. It's no different to a long term injury, only its one made by decision rather than circumstance. No doubt that decision is difficult, but a decision it is nonetheless.

These things are always far more complex than can be conveyed in a paragraph on a forum. I wish Georgia all the best, but am grateful that it appears no other StKFC players see the world through her prism.

It seems to me that the primary side effects of the covid is that most people seem to have forgotten what a "fact" is.
A-hole opinions aren't fact. They are just a-hole opinions.

Carlton are just shitty that it was not Mitch McGovern being anti vax

900k a year or something like that for a bloke who loves is burgers

theres a big WCE player that was massively anti vax-covid is a conspiracy type... i'm surprised the club managed to get him jabbed.

Quick question about pre season- where is training gonna be held? There's been plenty of coverage that morrabbin is getting re surfaced. Will it be: Trevor barker oval Sandringham?

When we employed her, she knew about all this, did she? You make it sound like she's failed to keep some kind of promise. Maybe draftees from this year onward will have this kind of thing in their contracts.
I think 9 out of 10 resisting players will get it in the end. I just think some of them want to make a point first, and need time to accept it, and realise the impact on their life if they don't. I don't really mind if a player misses an AFLW season or so over this. Hopefully not though. And hopefully fans cur them some slack so they actually come back, and don't call it quits due to the stress of it.

What impact? She's young, fit and seemingly no pre-existing condition. Huge chance she'd get the virus and just have flu symptoms before knocking it on the head. If everyone around her is vaccinated, there shouldn't be a problem. I dunno when the AFLW season starts, but I can't see this vaccine mandate sticking around for more than a few months, NSW is already abandoning it from December 15.

Unless she's working as a nurse or in an environment where she's interacting with old and sick people - I don't know see the big deal in her not being vaccinated. She's a statistical outlier, won't change anything.

What impact? She's young, fit and seemingly no pre-existing condition. Huge chance she'd get the virus and just have flu symptoms before knocking it on the head. If everyone around her is vaccinated, there shouldn't be a problem. I dunno when the AFLW season starts, but I can't see this vaccine mandate sticking around for more than a few months, NSW is already abandoning it from December 15.

Unless she's working as a nurse or in an environment where she's interacting with old and sick people - I don't know see the big deal in her not being vaccinated. She's a statistical outlier, won't change anything.

I think it will hang around for travel and probably sporting events so will probably stop her playing still.

Actually, I meant the impact on her life of not being allowed to play professional sport in the prime of her life. Something she's worked so hard for, and dreamed of since she was little. And the career of an AFLW athlete probably isn't all that long on average.

Actually, I meant the impact on her life of not being allowed to play professional sport in the prime of her life. Something she's worked so hard for, and dreamed of since she was little. And the career of an AFLW athlete probably isn't all that long on average.
Quite a few cases of elite young athletes in the US catching Covid with very serious health cosequences. Heart damage etc. I'm all for every individual making up their own mind on this but I hope she understands the facts and risks. However if it is a religious belief then .. you just got to take your chances, and hope the God you picked was the right one.

Quite a few cases of elite young athletes in the US catching Covid with very serious health cosequences. Heart damage etc. I'm all for every individual making up their own mind on this but I hope she understands the facts and risks. However if it is a religious belief then .. you just got to take your chances, and hope the God you picked was the right one.

Most of the main Gods don't want people to be sick.

Most of the main Gods don't want people to be sick.

******* footy gods are more like old testament campaigners. Smiting and throwing down plague and pestilence on the St Kilda footy club seems to be their sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a lot faster than I remember & that clip had a lot of our old favourites in it too.
Ahhh the memories. 🙂
Good looking at that stuff and the players

Sidebottom hit Neagle right in front of me.
With his elbow.
And then fell to the ground clutching said elbow feigning pain.
Neagle meanwhile is lying face down with his jaw spread across the rest of his face.
Different time, different rules.
But even as young as I was, I knew then that it was the lowest of acts and my respect for Sidebottom ended at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back