• Rowan Marshall

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Callum Wilkie

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Milney's 574 goals has him well ahead at the moment. Sincs has played 2 elite seasons and Wilkie went from being very good to elite last year. With Wilkie turning 28 this year and Sincs 29 I'm not sure if they have time to catch up to Milney on overall output, though if they both maintain their 2023 standard for another few years then it'd be very close.
If Sincs can manage another two All Aus's and two BnF's he would have to be close, ?

Milne the greatest small forward of all time. Unbelievably hard position to play well over a long period. Thrived in the post GT era and became very consistent. Remarkable footballer.

Under GT he was a goal sneak small forward with a bit more of a lead up/set shot game when needed. When we lost Barry Hall he had a year playing like a tiny KPF. His ability to adapt kept him going for years. He was retired too early because St Kilda wanted the controversy gone instead of supporting him. Probably had 2 more years left, he went out still playing as good footy.

Under GT he was a goal sneak small forward with a bit more of a lead up/set shot game when needed. When we lost Barry Hall he had a year playing like a tiny KPF. His ability to adapt kept him going for years. He was retired too early because St Kilda wanted the controversy gone instead of supporting him. Probably had 2 more years left, he went out still playing as good footy.
Best small forward I’ve ever seen was Cyril Rioli..magnificent in big games!

Best small forward I’ve ever seen was Cyril Rioli..magnificent in big games!

For pure creativity and a bit of magic Rioli was incredible. Longevity was his only mark against his name. There are guys like Jeff Farmer too.

If we had of taken Sinclair @ 3 and Billings as a rookie, both careers would have been viewed as a pretty stunning success.

There would be much fewer Comparisions to Bont I reckon.

I reckon Sincs might not have made it if he wasn't on a rookie contract. It's a reminder to be patient with players because he really didn't start to be the player he was until his mid 20s. Billings the opposite, was pretty good early and slowly started to become a major disappointment when he couldn't take the next step.

I reckon Sincs might not have made it if he wasn't on a rookie contract. It's a reminder to be patient with players because he really didn't start to be the player he was until his mid 20s. Billings the opposite, was pretty good early and slowly started to become a major disappointment when he couldn't take the next step.
Billlings's body was ruined by injury Sincs on the other hand has hardly had any injuries, makes a massive difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sincs coming good so late is pretty unbelievable in hindsight.

Steele came on reasonably late too.

Actually think Sinclair’s always had it and showed it early but Richo stifled his development. Then Ratts switched him to HB and the rest is history

This.

He definitely always had it, he used the ball really well early on. He had tons of talent, just wasn't used right.
Yep, Champion had him as an elite winger, which he was (duh ), we didn't see it, and Richo didn't see it.
He was a decent defensive forward too, ( Garry Ablett would have been a good defensive forward ) but what a waste.

He was good on the wing.
Then he got to "play a role", but he was still rated.

Actually thought his best early career form was as a running half forward/ small forward. His move to the wing saw his form fluctuate and Richo scapegoating him.

Yep, Champion had him as an elite winger, which he was (duh ), we didn't see it, and Richo didn't see it.
He was a decent defensive forward too, ( Garry Ablett would have been a good defensive forward ) but what a waste.

It was a weird one though, he wasn't playing pure wing and the players in that year that were tagged as pure wings didn't look very strong. He has some great games but quiet ones too.

I also specifically remember saying early, I wish I could find the post and I am not pumping myself up too much, bt saying he had such a huge level of scope in his game because he had such few weaknesses. I think it's actually incredible to see him basically become the best decision maker in the competition.

Back