Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

What injuries are ruckmen prone to?

What injuries are ruckmen prone to?
An attempt at humour?

The biggest crash and bash position in AFL. For example, I believe the experienced full on Ruckman (think Mumford in recent times) particularly like crashing a knee into the rib cage of inexperienced and undersized part timers like an Owens. The part timers , if their ribs are still intact, are not that keen to go again.

An attempt at humour?

The biggest crash and bash position in AFL. For example, I believe the experienced full on Ruckman (think Mumford in recent times) particularly like crashing a knee into the rib cage of inexperienced and undersized part timers like an Owens. The part timers , if their ribs are still intact, are not that keen to go again.

I think Sandilands had a broken rib in 2016 , any since then?
The umps are kind of onto it these days.
Its not the 1970s any more.

Nice work but I wouldn’t rule out Collard!

I remember seeing Milney running out on one of his early games, and commenting, "Jesus, one of the players kids has stayed on the ground " but.....
He found the ball and found the goals.
That's all Collard has to do.

55521985928e386b2cc0db5e0b5244b5

FB: WEBSTER, HOWARD, WILKIE
HB: NASIAH, BATTLE, SINCLAIR
R: MARSHALL, CROUCH, STEELE
C: HILL, ROSS, WOOD
HF: HENRY, MEMBREY, OWENS
FF: BUTLER, KING, HIGGINS
IC: DOW, SHARMAN, PHILLIPOU, CLARK

FB: SCHOENMAKER, VAN ES, PATON
HB: HASTIE, CORDY, BONNER
R: HEATH, JONES, STOCKER
C: WILSON, WINDHAGER, BYRNES
HF: GARCIA, CAMINITI, HOTTON
FF: COLLARD, KEELER, CAMPBELL
IC: MCLELLAN, O'CONNELL, ALLISON-MCLEOD
Windhager not best 22? You couldn't be serious?

This looks like fun!

FB: WILKIE, BATTLE, WEBSTER
HB: STOCKER, SCHOENMAKER, WANGANEEN-MILERA
R: MARSHALL, DOW, STEELE
C: HILL, SINCLAIR, WOOD
HF: HENRY, SHARMAN, OWENS
IC: WINDHAGER, CROUCH, PHILLIPOU, CLARK
SUB: MEMBREY

EMG: CAMPBELL, HOWARD, BONNER, ROSS, BYRNES

Last edited:
This looks like fun!

FB: WILKIE, BATTLE, WEBSTER
HB: STOCKER, SCHOENMAKER, WANGANEEN-MILERA
R: MARSHALL, DOW, STEELE
C: HILL, SINCLAIR, WOOD
HF: HENRY, SHARMAN, OWENS
IC:, WINDHAGER, CROUCH, PHILLIPOU, CLARK
SUB: MEMBREY

EMG: CAMPBELL, HOWARD, BONNER, ROSS, BYRNES
Hmm. Not if we're defending..

My turn:

FB: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: NWM, Battle, Windhager
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Henry, King, Phillipou
FF: Higgins, Membrey, Owens

R: Marshall, Crouch, Sinclair
INT: Clark, Dow, Ross, Wilson
SUB: Jones

EM: Bonner, Stocker, Caminiti, Cordy.
*Assuming Butler is injured.

FB: Wilkie, Howard, Stocker
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Butler, King, Phillipou
FF: Higgins, Membrey, Owens

R: Marshall, Crouch, Dow
INT: Clark, Bonner, Henry, Windhager
SUB: Jones/Ross on form

EM: Kuzma, Wilson, Caminiti, Cordy.

Gone younger than maybe a true best 22, but whaddya gonna do about it.

Webster unlucky to miss, love him but time to move on.

1705903975301.gif

An attempt at humour?

Knee injuries can be an issue

There are Saints fans that have watched Jones play and are putting him in a best 22 in front of Windhager and Dow. I've seen it all.
I don’t think how he plays is the issue, it’s that he rarely plays. I was a Jones fan but I can’t put him in a best 22 because we all know he’s just not going to be available half the time. Hoping he’ll be fit is like hoping Hannebery would be fit.

I remember seeing Milney running out on one of his early games, and commenting, "Jesus, one of the players kids has stayed on the ground " but.....
He found the ball and found the goals.
That's all Collard has to do.

55521985928e386b2cc0db5e0b5244b5
You don’t mess with GT George
IMG_0826.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think how he plays is the issue, it’s that he rarely plays. I was a Jones fan but I can’t put him in a best 22 because we all know he’s just not going to be available half the time. Hoping he’ll be fit is like hoping Hannebery would be fit.

I always put Dan H in the 22, even though I knew he'd be injured all the time.
To me "best" 22 is the best 22 if everyone is fit.

There are Saints fans that have watched Jones play and are putting him in a best 22 in front of Windhager and Dow. I've seen it all.

Gave it a bit of thought but settled on him as a POD to start. Like his bite and spice with the rejuvenated Steele and Crouch duo. Sub maybe a more appropriate start tbh but clearly we’ve given him a weird extra chance this year so we must’ve seen he could come good inj wise. His best football is clearly in the best 12-16 players for pure output and effort.

Gave it a bit of thought but settled on him as a POD to start. Like his bite and spice with the rejuvenated Steele and Crouch duo. Sub maybe a more appropriate start tbh but clearly we’ve given him a weird extra chance this year so we must’ve seen he could come good inj wise. His best football is clearly in the best 12-16 players for pure output and effort.
Windhager is a massive part of the future of this club. Our young guys were the reason for our massive improvement last year. Fortunately the club isn't going to take backwards steps and play blokes like Jones in front of players like Dow and Windhager.
Jones is a break glass in case of emergency player and fingers crossed we don't have an emergency like that in 24.

Windhager is a massive part of the future of this club. Our young guys were the reason for our massive improvement last year. Fortunately the club isn't going to take backwards steps and play blokes like Jones in front of players like Dow and Windhager.
Jones is a break glass in case of emergency player and fingers crossed we don't have an emergency like that in 24.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
I'll give you the youth prioritization but Jones is a massive POD to our group of plodders and there's nothing wrong with picking on form. Fingers crossed this remains a topic all season.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
I'll give you the youth prioritization but Jones is a massive POD to our group of plodders and there's nothing wrong with picking on form. Fingers crossed this remains a topic all season.
Jones 2 way running is way worse than Clark’s, and I feel like he’s lost a bit of that explosive running. Also, his disposal by foot is indiscriminate.

I genuinely hope we see him back to his best, and I’m always happy to be proved wrong if it helps us win games. But, I still have Zak much further back in the running.

Jones is a better option than windhager and certainly Dow in the middle, if fit, for now.

Jones 2 way running is way worse than Clark’s, and I feel like he’s lost a bit of that explosive running. Also, his disposal by foot is indiscriminate.

I genuinely hope we see him back to his best, and I’m always happy to be proved wrong if it helps us win games. But, I still have Zak much further back in the running.
Yes my assumption is that he can get back to his best, but that's TBD of course.
I also hope RTB sticks with development for another year and we blood some more kids like Wilson, Hotton, Collard, Moose and Garcia. The rest can probably wait.
It's been so long since we had competition for spots I'd forgotten what it was like...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back