Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
By the end of their careers who will or has been the best St Kilda Rookie. I think it's fairly unprecendeted that St Kilda has such quality rookies at the same time. Arguably our three best players.

I am curious how everyone values each of these guys. I also think that if Coops can last under Lyon he will prode to be another incredible pick up.

Sinclair is a gun but he took a while to get going, Milney was a star for a decade. Longevity counts.

It's actually lucky that we had such s**t lists for these guys. Sincs probably gets cut before getting going in a stronger list. Wilkie probably never gets a go without us being desperate. Marshall was on a lot of club's radar already but were waiting for him to develop a bit in the lower leagues before pouncing, we got a bit gun shy with the draft so chased a higher number of matures than most in that period.

It's a good reminder that there are more ways to build a list than just the draft. Would have liked to get Manaugh in for that reason but pretty happy with our kids so can't complain.

Milne by the length of the Flemington straight , god he was a gun.
There a few on her that throw the gun word around way too much , Milney was a genuine star and id love one half as good as him now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne is tied for best true small forward of all time along with Eddie Betts and would be celebrated more widely if not for his off field behaviour. Love Sincs and the others but Milne is a cut above.

Milne had one incident off field , when he was quite young.
I think that taught him a lesson but he had to live with what he'd done for his whole career.

Got to be Milne. One of the best small forwards to ever play the game.

But if Sinclair can get his 3rd AA and another bnf this year, it becomes a closer conversation.

Milne was freakishly talented , and fantastic entertainment, but he was limited, and would sometimes struggle to get into a game at all.
If you could somehow play a footy game with just one person though, Sinclair would win. Sinclair is more conventional , but an extremely good footballer.

Actually if you had two identical vanilla sides, and injected Milne into one, and Sinclair into the other, its hard to guess which one would be more effective.
It would come down to one team making the most of their forward entries , and the other producing more forward entries.

Milney for mine

But gee sincs and Wilks are bloody good players and it's close
If Milney had really starred in the 2009 and 2010 Grand Finals (and had slammed through the winning goal in the latter), he would have been recognised as not only the best rookie, but as an ABSOLUTE LEGEND of our club.
If he isn't already...

Milney's 574 goals has him well ahead at the moment. Sincs has played 2 elite seasons and Wilkie went from being very good to elite last year. With Wilkie turning 28 this year and Sincs 29 I'm not sure if they have time to catch up to Milney on overall output, though if they both maintain their 2023 standard for another few years then it'd be very close.

Back