List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we have to make two more picks tomorrow to make the 3 required with 35 & 68 as it stands.

From Thunderstruck's list, the next 15 players that might be of interest that we should get at least one of are:

8. Draper ... 10.Johnson ... 11.Sonsie ...
12.Goater ... 22.Roberts ... 23.Fejo ...
27.Knevitt ... 31.Murley ... 33.Long ...
41.Willis ... 45.Lord ... 49.Harrison ...
50.Bazzo ... Banks ... Lukac ...
There'll be a few others taken in there as well to pad out some of those to us. Surely Motlop if no one else goes b4 our pick.

I think the midfield woes are over stated

Dawson to come in and play more.midfoeld, Pedlar is only 2nd year, Berry will play more actual midfield.minutes and I'm confident Burgess will get M Crouch and Milera right

Then there is the likes of Ned and Rachele who can push through the middle.

Keays is still young, Laird has 3 more years able to play quality midfield and Seedsman pushed through there this year as well.

With that said I think we will take a mid with our next pick

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The issue is, we don't currently have an explosive midfield or one that can deliver the ball cleanly (Schoenberg excepted when he plays there).

Rather than trying to adapt players who "can" play in the midfield, the Crows need to draft class who "do" play in the midfield already!

Think we have to make two more picks tomorrow to make the 3 required with 35 & 68 as it stands.

From Thunderstruck's list, the next 15 players that might be of interest that we should get at least one of are:

8. Draper ... 10.Johnson ... 11.Sonsie ...
12.Goater ... 22.Roberts ... 23.Fejo ...
27.Knevitt ... 31.Murley ... 33.Long ...
41.Willis ... 45.Lord ... 49.Harrison ...
50.Bazzo ... Banks ... Lukac ...
Plenty of powerful bigger mids left , I think I’d make them priority for next pick

can’t see Murley now , we can’t go too small . Likely can’t see Draper either but could be wrong there

The issue is, we don't currently have an explosive midfield or one that can deliver the ball cleanly (Schoenberg excepted when he plays there).

Rather than trying to adapt players who "can" play in the midfield, the Crows need to draft class who "do" play in the midfield already!
Let’s see what happens with our next pick , there’s quite a few left and there were no standouts for pick 4 ( Erasmus could have been with more rep football )

Rachele was a standout , I can see why we took him

HBF, KPD, KPF and now a small forward.

A lot of draft capital spent without addressing our midfield woes.

We must be happy for another 3 years of Sloane, Keys, Laird and Crouch. Maybe Shoey will be allowed to attend a couple of centre bounces if he's lucky.

Pick 6 to get Murph out of the team, seems very expensive - at least that's an improvement.
Schoenberg, Dawson, Pedlar, Cook, Hately, Keays, Berry, Jones, McHenry, Sholl, Hinge.

A lot of draft capital spent without addressing our small forward woes. And now we draft a small forward with elite midfield capability!

And it would also be just like this club to spend the next 2 draft picks on midfielders with speed and power.

If there had been a game changing midfielder at pick 6, we probably would have taken him too!:rolleyes:

Pedlar

Why?! Its well established that positions at underage football have very little meaning. Just look at some of the players that have played for our club and position they played in under age football.
Dangerfield was HBF. Sloane played BP at the championship. Brown played in the midfield. Talia CHF. Smith a midfielder. Laird BP. Doedee a forward. ROB was a CHB. Cameron was playing on the wing.

Positions at under age football do not carry that much weight. It how those skills and attributes project at AFL level for positions.

For example Sinn played HBF but IMHO he will transition into a midfielder in the long run. Dangerfield is one of the mids in the comp for the last decade and he played his junior football as a HBF.

Plenty of powerful bigger mids left , I think I’d make them priority for next pick

can’t see Murley now , we can’t go too small . Likely can’t see Draper either but could be wrong there
Disagree on Draper, think he’s almost our most realistic, ideal target. 185cm+, good athleticism and skill, enough midfield potential

Trying to think of who else might suit us, but it’s tough without considering a possibility of moving up. Hough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep… our midfield is woeful.. worst in the league.

hopefully Dawson can transition.. hopefully chayce jones gets more and more of his confidence back and can transition back into the middle.. hopefully shoey gets a hell of a lot more time in there from next season.. hopefully JR gets a run through there to show us what he can do.. hopefully Pedlar has an injury free year and can get a good run at it.

we need good ball users, good decision makers, speed and skill.

That is not sloane, laird and keays who gobbled up 80% of the CB attendances this year. The worst midfield combo in the comp. Adding Mcrouch to this trio and giving our youth less opportunity would be a massive mistake.

HBF, KPD, KPF and now a small forward.

A lot of draft capital spent without addressing our midfield woes.

We must be happy for another 3 years of Sloane, Keys, Laird and Crouch. Maybe Shoey will be allowed to attend a couple of centre bounces if he's lucky.

Pick 6 to get Murph out of the team, seems very expensive - at least that's an improvement.

Pedlar. Shoey. Perhaps Hateley - will know next year, pick 35, with Dawson and Seed rotating through - and Rachele played plenty of mid in the u16 champs when he won the MVP.
Plus FA next year potentially

I see Ward and Hobbs as being similar to what we have - Erasmus was the potential point of difference but trust the recruiters to pick the best option

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the midfield woes are over stated

Dawson to come in and play more.midfoeld, Pedlar is only 2nd year, Berry will play more actual midfield.minutes and I'm confident Burgess will get M Crouch and Milera right

Then there is the likes of Ned and Rachele who can push through the middle.

Keays is still young, Laird has 3 more years able to play quality midfield and Seedsman pushed through there this year as well.

With that said I think we will take a mid with our next pick

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I'd do a height exercise to see where we sat from a height perspective .....we have a lot of height / marking power .....and a talent list when you analyse, that says 2022 we will be knocking on the door of the eight

F .... McHenry (179) - Walker (193) - MCadam (181)

HF ....Cook (189) - Fogarty (193) - Thilthorpe (200)

C Seedsman (190) - Keays (185) - Dawson (192)

HB ....Doedee (188) - McAsey (195) - Hamill (186)

B .....Brown (181) - Butts (198) - Murray (193)

R ....ROB (202) - Schoenberg (180) - Laird (177)

Bench; Milera (184) - Pedlar (183) - Sloane (182) - Smith (189)

Emerg; Crouch (182) Jones (180) Berry (181) Gollant (189) Frampton (200) Himmelberg (198) Hinge (189) Worrell (195)

It's interesting looking at BRIS's build ....their 2 best Mids (Neale 177) & Lyons (184) were traded in NOT drafted
There other mids are Zorko (175), McLuggaage (187) Bailey (182)

So it appears we're modelling midfield speed - 2way running - surrounded by marking power, they can feed off

Last edited:

Can't see either Draper or Roberts .....But I can see us taking another with speed at #33

Can't see either Draper or Roberts .....But I can see us taking another with speed at #33
Roberts won’t be a 33 pick for us, even if I rate him higher than that range

Completely disagree with Draper, though, he might not have pure straight line speed but has enough of it combined with high level agility

Port unfortunately have landed another very good player. Sinn would have been my choice. I would have then gone for NwM if available. However Rachele does have that X factor we do not have and is vic country so go home factor less of an issue so I am not devestated. I would be trying like hell to get goater with our next pick or butler from rebels or draper

Port unfortunately have landed another very good player. Sinn would have been my choice. I would have then gone for NwM if available. However Rachele does have that X factor we do not have and is vic country so go home factor less of an issue so I am not devestated. I would be trying like hell to get goater with our next pick or butler from rebels or draper

The giving up of their future 2nd round appears to be a misstep. Hobbs said Essendon called him and advised they were taking him.

Back