Review 2021 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else confused why Adelaide would select another very short player with such a high pick and a small forward to boot? He would want to be a pretty special talent, because these types can be found very deep in the draft as they well know with Cameron and Betts.

They kind of blew it drafting the vanilla short people in Jones and McHenry when there were guns everywhere in that draft, Gallucci an epic fail and Millera isn't exactly a success either just yet. Seems another strange selection, why go so small all the time?
Clearly best available at that pick and suits a need. Was Elite in every statistical category and is 180cm tall, so he's not Caleb Daniel.

While pick 15 was abit earlier than I thought Alleer would go he will be a star is definitely Allir mk 2 very exciting prospect.
I'm pretty sure Adelaide could of had him as a NGA last yr ouch.
Yep, Adelaide didn't pick him because he can't kick and doesn't have great game sense.

If Johnson wasn’t a WA boy then I think you would be in with a chance. Our 2nd pick also might entice with Sonsie, Draper and Goater available.
Our F1 for your second to select Goater. Exactly the type of player that would complement our list.

Obviously we'd try Freo's pick first to select Johnson, but I can't see Fremantle overlooking WA talent. We'd have a better chance with North's pick given North don't need any more mids.

Anyone else confused why Adelaide would select another very short player with such a high pick and a small forward to boot? He would want to be a pretty special talent, because these types can be found very deep in the draft as they well know with Cameron and Betts.

They kind of blew it drafting the vanilla short people in Jones and McHenry when there were guns everywhere in that draft, Gallucci an epic fail and Millera isn't exactly a success either just yet. Seems another strange selection, why go so small all the time?

Oh yeah, give us this list of your special smaller forward line players you’ve found deep in the draft? You just got rid of your best one didn’t you and he was nearly 40

You can't make statements like that. Callaghan or Aleer could be two of the best players in the game for all we know. There's a 68.47% chance that Mac Andrew doesn't become a good player.

Correct. That's why I said 'could'? I made no definitive statement unlike the original poster.

It's like this ridiculous idea of 'bolter'. All this means is that the peoples mail on Bigfooty wasn't accurate and the full time recruiters rated him higher than phantom drafters. There's really no such thing as a bolter or a reach in an AFL Draft. They're rated where they are taken.

Hobbs said in his interview that Essendon had told him that they would draft him if he was there at their pick.

Port jumped at shadows and gave away a future 2nd for nothing.

I personally know a kid a few years ago who was implicitly told by 3 clubs that they would take him with their late 1st rounders if he was still there. None of the 3 did. One even passed with a further early 2nd rounder before a 4th club then selected him.

Port absolutely knew that essendon would take Sinn. So pretty much did Twomey.

Our F1 for your second to select Goater. Exactly the type of player that would complement our list.

Obviously we'd try Freo's pick first to select Johnson, but I can't see Fremantle overlooking WA talent. We'd have a better chance with North's pick given North don't need any more mids.
I'd like to think we'd bite off your hand if you offered that. The players that slid aren't really priorities for us.

I don’t think there is any better validation of the issues surrounding Goater’s kicking, than the fact he wasn’t picked up yesterday.

Particularly in light of the other in vogue explosive strengths he brings to the game.
I think his endurance is also a bit of an issue. Wants to be a mid, but may not ever have the tank for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Essendon do everything they can to get one of those early seconds. Lot of really good talent left on the board.

Would you be happy to trade a Future 1st or 2nd?

Otherwise 51, 56 and a Future 3rd isn't a lot to offer for an early second with known options.

Certainly couldn’t be happier to not hear Owens and Windhager called out. Two highly rated mids for a handful of late picks. Excellent news.
I don't think these two are as highly rated as most Saints fans want us to believe. If they were, someone would have picked them while they could. Windhager especially — he probably makes it to the third round.

I think his endurance is also a bit of an issue. Wants to be a mid, but may not ever have the tank for it.

Well that's the bigger issue then, you can hide poorer kicks in the midfield you can't elsewhere the way the game is going

I personally know a kid a few years ago who was implicitly told by 3 clubs that they would take him with their late 1st rounders if he was still there. None of the 3 did. One even passed with a further early 2nd rounder before a 4th club then selected him.

Port absolutely knew that essendon would take Sinn. So pretty much did Twomey.
Maybe we were taking Sinn under the assumption WC took Hobbs before us?

Would you be happy to trade a Future 1st or 2nd?

Otherwise 51, 56 and a Future 3rd isn't a lot to offer for an early second with known options.
2nd is on the table 100% but it won't get us anything earlier than Richmond's picks.

Would Hawks take our F1 for 23? Not sure we'd do that but that's what it will take.

2nd is on the table 100% but it won't get us anything earlier than Richmond's picks.

Would Hawks take our F1 for 23? Not sure we'd do that but that's what it will take.

I reckon the Hawks would be trying to trade up in the current draft or hold but an offer future 1st always has to be considered.

From the Bombers perspective a future 2nd for 30 looks a better value trade than future 1st for 21 or 23 but it very much depends on who they rate and who gets take in the next 7 or 8 picks.

You weren't picking Sinn if Hobbs was there.
Agree. I think Sinn was the player we took if NWM was off the board. We didn’t anticipate Hobbs as a possibility until the day before the draft. That’s my read anyway.

Not confused.

Just not surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back