What are your three bold predictions for 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's the boring part of pre-season so it's time for the cliche, boring threads. Give us your three bold predictions for next season. I'll go first.

1. All-Australian Cam Zurhaar

Gonna pick up where he left off last season. His second half of the season was elite and I think he'll only build on that next year. I'm tipping a huge year from The Bull.

2. LDU gets dropped

A lot has been spoken about the quality and depth of the midfield that we're building and even that there might not be room for all of them in their preferred positions. Obviously with JHF and Greenwood coming in it's even more competitive in there.

As for LDU, what he does with the ball is spectacular. It's what he does for the other 99% of the game that worries me. He's passive defensively and looks like he mentally checks in and out of games, with the massive trauma he's experienced throughout his early career a massive caveat there.

I think we're going to have zero tolerance for not going when it's your turn next year and I can see LDU falling short of consistently doing that. It might be only one week in the twos but I can see it happening.

I'm nowhere near as bullish on him as I am on most of our other young mids mainly because of his lack of consistent intensity and passiveness but I get that it's a hugely unpopular opinion.

3. Archer plays the 2nd most games of our draftees after JHF

Dunno, as good as Kayne was last year, I think he'll face real competition for that lockdown defender role as soon as next year from Archer. Everythign written about him in training reports that I've read says he's a massive competitor and Nobes liked those types.

1. Flynn Perez bursts onto the scene - There's a wide open space in North's backline for a young gun to stake his claim. With the all the hardness of the muscle he's piled on during his rehab, combined with his silky skills, Flynn will pick right back up where he left off in 2020 and become a fixture of the side.

2. Goldy not finished - I think he has at least one more year in him as one of the premier ruckmen of the competition. Some may be expecting him to significantly drop off as he approaches his 34th birthday, but I think he will do enough to get another year and play into 2023. Like Boomer, he's a manic trainer, and he's not going to stop until he gets 300 games, an undisputed spot in North's all time best 22, and a hitouts record that no other ruckman can ever come close to.

3. A big blowout win - At least once next year we're going to see everything click, with a win between 60 and 100 points. It will feel similar to the Carlton game, but with an extra year of experience, it'll be a bigger and more comprehensive win than that one. Expect Larkey and Zurhaar to kick more than 10 between them, one of Tarryn, Jaidyn or Jy to kick a bag themselves, and a lot of satisfying ball movement chains launched by Aaron Hall.

1. Media realises that Horne-Francis is a side show to the main event - Tarryn Thomas.

2. We finish 5th and win a home final.

3. Charlie Comben kicks 30 goals in 15 matches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My 3 bald predictions for 2022:

Cunnington: Yeah, yeah.
Mahony: Receding nicely.
Stephenson: A bit of a smokey, is the acorn hairstyle a sign of things to come.

:stern look

- Dwayne Johnson will continue to make junk mail type movies that aren't any good but make a lot of money.

- Barnaby Joyce will self combust or evolve into a tomato. (no preference of either)

- Talk of the womens AFL forging into the mens competition for the future. ie - Teams will have to adhere to having X amount of women in the team...rules will be amended to accommodate both genders playing with & against each other. Any backlash will be met with those accused of bigotry, sexism, misogyny etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Nick Larkey wins the Coleman with 71.28.
2. Cunnington returns round two and finishes the season with a Brownlow.
3. Larkey, Cunnington, Simpkin and McKay make the AA squad.

I haven't got a prediction right since 2008

1. Tarryn Thomas All Australian, "linked" with big money move to Collingwood/Richmond.

2. We will take a very good team to the cleaners, putting the league on notice. Rip Geelong apart and make them ook old and slow and slow and old.

3. Phoenix Spicer will cement his role as small pressure forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back