Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before, never been a Hildebrand fan, but he has summed this up, once again, perfectly.

100 odd people died from it yesterday (I know, they were all expendable). Great timing to put out an article saying it's all over, especially if you're a sociopath.

100 odd people died from it yesterday (I know, they were all expendable). Great timing to put out an article saying it's all over, especially if you're a sociopath.

He doesn't say its over, he's saying the worst of it may be behind us. Did you actually read it or just teeth gnash at the headline?

With it*

As I said before, if they continue to test every person that gets admitted to hospital, and as the numbers continue to increase in the community, we will see that reflected in the hospital numbers.

Very sensible article by Joe - it may be more dumb luck than planning but if the current trajectory holds we are in for a very soft landing in NSW. The flat earthers and end of days crowd on here will never admit it but the scientific community has moved on. Article below published in the Lancet, that ratbag medical journal of ill repute, essentially takes the same line as Joe - the pandemic is close to an end. Here’s a snippet because I know how much you all love the comparison:

For example, the death toll from omicron seems to be similar in most countries to the level of a bad influenza season in northern hemisphere countries. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated the waorse influenza season during the past decade in 2017–18 caused about 52 000 influenza deaths with a likely peak of more than 1500 deaths per day.

With it*

As I said before, if they continue to test every person that gets admitted to hospital, and as the numbers continue to increase in the community, we will see that reflected in the hospital numbers.

This argument has been done to death and is patently false.

10-20million excess deaths in 2 years of the pandemic.

Official death toll 5.5m.

With it*

The figures coming out of North America and Europe showing that up to 60% of those in hospital with Covid were admitted for other reasons. That’s why hospital admissions are now seen as an unreliable index of the pandemic. Also interesting are the figures from the Lancet article I pasted above - suggesting that 80 to 90% of omicron cases may be asymptomatic

Nope.

And here is one that may relate to you specifically:

Excess deaths? What were you expecting when governments around the world locked people in their homes, took away their livelihoods, forced them to be sedentary, and then shot them full of chimpanzee DNA?

With it*

If your medical condition has been stabilised by modern therapeutics and technologies, and you catch covid19 and die, then you died "from covid19" and not "with covid19". No matter what the comorbidity.

Nope.

And here is one that may relate to you specifically:

You have taken a risk posting that last article - OGC will now be adding restless anal syndrome to his list of long Covid woes

Excess deaths? What were you expecting when governments around the world locked people in their homes, took away their livelihoods, forced them to be sedentary, and then shot them full of chimpanzee DNA?

You just went full conspiracy theorist. What are these people dying from? You think the global media would just ignore 5 million additional suicides? Or maybe they died from vaccines 🥴

If your medical condition has been stabilised by modern therapeutics and technologies, and you catch covid19 and die, then you died "from covid19" and not "with covid19". No matter what the comorbidity.
You have to use some commonsense man! They are saying that up to 125 million people a day may be infected by Omicron at its peak. Take any random group of 125 million people and work out statistically how many will be dead in the next 28 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A NY Post article Lmao. The just a flu flog brigade is up and about this morning.

You have to use some commonsense man! They are saying that up to 125 million people a day may be infected by Omicron at its peak. Take any random group of 125 million people and work out statistically how many will be dead in the next 28 days.

Who is "they"? A lot of people are saying this!

The basis of it is not false at all. When someone dies, there are four groups they fall in to:
1. Died from covid, death attributed to covid.
2. Died from covid, death not attributed to covid.
3. Died from a cause other than covid, death attributed to covid.
4. Died from a cause other than covid, death not attributed to covid.

1 & 4 are correctly identified and reported. 2 & 3 are incorrectly identified (false positives and false negatives).

The "died with covid" group is in group 3 in the above, and there has never been any question that they exist, in large numbers. What has been called out in the past, using the excess deaths analysis, was the ridiculous idea that was put forward by some anti-vaxers/anti-maskers, that globally, in 2020, group 3 was larger than group 2 and thus the size of loss from the pandemic was overstated. For obvious reasons (people dying before or without diagnosis), group 2 was miles bigger than group 3, which meant that the size of loss was actually understated, and the excess deaths analysis was used to attempt to show by how much.

That doesn't necessarily mean that with the Omicron outbreak, here in Australia today, that group 2 is still going to be larger than group 3. Its a different situation with different conditions. Testing is rampant. Its a small, first world country. Its a milder strain in a more resilient population. All of these factors would suggest that its much harder to clearly say whether group 2 or 3 is bigger right here and now.

Last edited:
The basis of it is not false at all. When someone dies, there are four groups they fall in to:
1. Died from covid, death attributed to covid.
2. Died from covid, death not attributed to covid.
3. Died from a cause other than covid, death attributed to covid.
4. Died from a cause other than covid, death not attributed to covid.

1 & 4 are correctly identified and reported. 2 & 3 are incorrectly identified (false positives and false negatives).

The "died with covid" group is in group 3 in the above, and there has never been any question that they exist, in large numbers. What has been called out in the past, using the excess deaths analysis, was the ridiculous idea that was put forward by some anti-vaxers/anti-maskers, that globally, in 2020, group 3 was larger than group 2 and thus the size of loss from the pandemic was overstated. For obvious reasons (people dying before or without diagnosis), group 2 was miles bigger than group 3, which meant that the size of loss was actually understated, and the excess deaths analysis was used to attempt to show by how much.

That doesn't necessarily mean that with the Omicron outbreak, here in Australia today, that group 2 is still going to be larger than group 3. Its a different situation with different conditions. Testing is rampant. Its a small, first world country. Its a milder strain in a more resilient population. All of these factors would suggest that its much harder to clearly say whether group 2 or 3 is bigger right here and now.

This is a sensible post unlike the other brain geniuses. Of course I agree that we need to differentiate between someone who has covid and gets hit by a car vs someone who died because they have underlying health issues so covid affected them more.

However, it's massively in the federal government's best interest to downplay and reduce the number of deaths that pop up in the daily covid death tolls. That alone is enough reason for me to think we aren't "overcounting" covid deaths who have died from another cause.

Scroll up Bravey - it’s in the article I posted from that ratbag medical journal the Lancet

Your posts are usually so full of garbage that I skip most of them, so apologies. You don't seem to have understood the distinction between an actual peer reviewed journal article and a comment. But kudos for at least getting better.

If 95% of infections are unreported and asymptomatic, that's fantastic news. I'm sure everyone would agree. But he doesn't actually have any proof of this, it's just an opinion. An opinion based on modelling, but still.

This is a sensible post unlike the other brain geniuses. Of course I agree that we need to differentiate between someone who has covid and gets hit by a car vs someone who died because they have underlying health issues so covid affected them more.

However, it's massively in the federal government's best interest to downplay and reduce the number of deaths that pop up in the daily covid death tolls. That alone is enough reason for me to think we aren't "overcounting" covid deaths who have died from another cause.
Bravey - you have gone full conspiracy theorist now - Federal government controlling the death counts put out by state health departments!

They are both expendable mongos

Pete Evans is just a raving looney. Joe hildecuck probably doesn't believe a word he's writing, but he's decided that the best way to make a name for himself is follow the Alan Jones/fox news path of posting deliberately inflammatory crap. Which makes him a lying weasel with a face like a testicle.
I wish they could put the whole Murdoch enterprise in jail and throw away the key.

He doesn't say its over, he's saying the worst of it may be behind us. Did you actually read it or just teeth gnash at the headline?

"Other states will eventually and invariably follow suit. Victoria is already on a similar trajectory, but only after having forced its citizens to endure more lockdown hardship than anywhere in the world, and imposing almost villainesque restrictions: the closing of playgrounds, masks on eight-year-olds and the banning of IVF. Not even the unconceived are free!"

Did you like this genius bit of journalism? He's a soundbite loving clickbait moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back