Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison, in his inimitable style, reassured us his modelling said schools and children will be fine🙄
I guess we wait and see.
I think they will be.

Because as explained in the special report on the 7:30 Report tonight, many US states are still dealing with an overlap of huge numbers of both Delta and Omicron cases - particularly in the chronically overloaded, underfunded and under-resourced free health care sector that millions rely on.

This is not the case in South Australia. We have an Omicron outbreak that is peaking and a universal health care system that although at breaking point is still taking new admissions. A legacy system that, despite its faults, has proved resilient in the face of a pandemic.

Last edited:

Brisbane fans right now.

oh-no-anyway.gif

I might be missing something here but they get to make a replacement in January?

Didnt we run in to a similar spot with Ryder and Monfries and have to play with a shorter list? When is the deadline for changing your list in pre season?

That only makes sense if they already had a spare spot on the list ?

Absolute scum of the earth like this are the side of history that you're on, anti-vaxxers. If your position was at all logically sound, its adherents wouldn't have to resort to garbage like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass Formation Psychosis, that old chestnut.
Spouted by their gurus and reiterated by them,
From the very beginning they have called it a faux virus, called those working together in following Public Health orders to try to mitigate it sheep.
Sort of amusing but also sad that they still don’t realise that they are in fact the sheep and have been conned by a massive psyop.
Still, if it makes them feel special I guess.

Absolute scum of the earth like this are the side of history that you're on, anti-vaxxers. If your position was at all logically sound, its adherents wouldn't have to resort to garbage like this.
You see it in this thread over and over. People continually create strawmen, or cherry pick a tiny part of an argument focus on. Once you are arguing that your feelings and opinions are facts, it's a long way back.

The lack of critical thinking is quite astonishing.

Nov 2020
"The virus that causes COVID-19 is approximately 0.125 micron (125 nanometers) in diameter. It falls squarely within the particle-size range that HEPA filters capture with extraordinary efficiency: 0.01 micron (10 nanometers) and above. Many media outlets have incorrectly stated that HEPA filters don’t filter below 0.3 micron and therefore could not capture airborne coronaviruses. That’s wrong. This NASA study of HEPA filtration is quite technical, but the graph on page 7 and the preceding paragraph do a good job of explaining why HEPA filters are actually most efficient—almost 100% at 0.01 micron—at capturing ultrafine particles below the 0.3-micron HEPA test standard."

I'm not going to claim to be an expert in air purifiers and whether they are worth it or not, but the Nicola and friends response of "mate just turn on the aircon and leave the doors open in the class" is another example of these people making recommendations with no basis as to how they would work in reality. I work in special education, my coworker has a class of new receptions starting Wednesday, not only are they higher risk of catching it and it doing damage because they are more likely to be immunocompromised, less likely to be able to understand personal boundaries, hygiene and just have a general understanding of what is going on, but now we are going to increase the heat in class (school aircons aren't great, doubt they are designed to run at full pelt to combat an open door on a mid February day) and remove a safety element in the classroom by removing a boundary to escaping the classroom. But yeah just crack a door open mate. I don't blame those who voted to strike.

I have tested negative again on day 6. I want to thank you all for your kind words and support.. oh that’s right you didn’t anyway I’m free as of tomorrow woo hoo. Just in time to return to work on Thursday yay.

But seriously it was good news that we had a positive case in his room with his own bathroom and 3 others in the house who didn’t get it.

I have tested negative again on day 6. I want to thank you all for your kind words and support.. oh that’s right you didn’t anyway I’m free as of tomorrow woo hoo. Just in time to return to work on Thursday yay.

But seriously it was good news that we had a positive case in his room with his own bathroom and 3 others in the house who didn’t get it.
You did well to avoid it. Good job.

Nov 2020
"The virus that causes COVID-19 is approximately 0.125 micron (125 nanometers) in diameter. It falls squarely within the particle-size range that HEPA filters capture with extraordinary efficiency: 0.01 micron (10 nanometers) and above. Many media outlets have incorrectly stated that HEPA filters don’t filter below 0.3 micron and therefore could not capture airborne coronaviruses. That’s wrong. This NASA study of HEPA filtration is quite technical, but the graph on page 7 and the preceding paragraph do a good job of explaining why HEPA filters are actually most efficient—almost 100% at 0.01 micron—at capturing ultrafine particles below the 0.3-micron HEPA test standard."
Let’s compare a closed atmosphere environment where the air is constantly being fed through multiple filtration systems that include carbon dioxide absorption in equipment that cost billions of dollars to your regular standard consumer HEPA filtration systems that attempt to filter ambient air.

Of course it’s possible to filter out particulates less than 0.3 microns. Anything is possible - it is not realistic. But in communist journalism land, where people work for free and money is no object, I guess there’s a loose definition of “realism”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back