Discussion The Parlous State of SFA Match Threads.

Are SFA match threads at an all time low?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah but i mean music chat on a friday night is different to telling everyone what you had for dinner like some teams do

Pumpkin risotto, thanks for asking.

Post counts and trying to bring up a century contribute to this.

I'm not innocent of this by any means in the past, I remember the Spamrat days, but someone might chime in with 10 or 12 A+ posts, but get drowned out by the constant empty fill the quota posts.

Bombers complaining about match threads seems a little rich given their endless spamming of YT music videos.

Seriously what sort of loser makes a habit of posting cringey YT music vids every Friday.

Some like later match threads, others like early threads. The beauty of this league is that there is no obligation to post every day.

Having earlier match threads pleases both parties, its not all about you and what you want Tony.
giphy.gif

Bombers complaining about match threads seems a little rich given their endless spamming of YT music videos.

Seriously what sort of loser makes a habit of posting cringey YT music vids every Friday.
It's our tradition to end the week with some tunes for both teams to come together, enjoying a few drinks and unwinding. I don't believe this is your problem with us, more a smokescreen.

It's our tradition to end the week with some tunes for both teams to come together, enjoying a few drinks and unwinding. I don't believe this is your problem with us, more a smokescreen.
That's mighty sad.

Look, I don't know about the rest of you but I don't feel the match threads are full of danger and uncertainty. I think tones is being a bit paranoid.
I did wonder if TL15 knew what parlous meant.

It’s a fantasy football league— not a real life meet up.

“Coming together, enjoying a few drinks and unwinding” sounds like something you should do with your real life friends & family— not on a text based online community.

I hate when people bring their real life into the SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a fantasy football league— not a real life meet up.

“Coming together, enjoying a few drinks and unwinding” sounds like something you should do with your real life friends & family— not on a text based online community.

I hate when people bring their real life into the SFA.
We'll do what we want and you can go and **** yourself!

We'll do what we want and you can go and fu** yourself!

So you’re going to continue to ruin the quality of the league because you have nothing better to do with your Friday nights than mash out the same 15 YouTube clips & rant about beer with a group of strangers online?

There’s a whole world outside of the SFA, you should check it out sometime.

Look, I don't know about the rest of you but I don't feel the match threads are full of danger and uncertainty. I think tones is being a bit paranoid.

I did wonder if TL15 knew what parlous meant.

If only you idiots could research the word a touch further.

Maybe instead of changing the days match threads are posted some of you numbskulls should change your attitude.

The place is thriving, as always, and it's only ever brought down by you lot whether it's intentional or natural, or perhaps both - and this includes yours truly.

Anyway, I'm keen to post in the next match thread. Can we get it going now please? Many thanks.

I agree that there is too much beer, music and other general discussion topics that are ruining match threads.

Posters start off like a steam train yet come Friday and Saturday there are tumbleweeds
I understand you are arguing that the “beer, music and other general discussion topics” are killing matchthreads Tony, but right now (by your own admission) TubeRadio in particular appears to happen in a downtime.

It would be interesting to see if (as you appear to claim) Fridays and Saturdays would be more Qooty-related if music was less-abundant.

I also acknowledge that the Old Boys charter is to regenerate the fantasy side of the Sweet FA, and I support your efforts to to regenerate the matchthreads in that way too.

Maybe instead of changing the days match threads are posted some of you numbskulls should change your attitude.

The place is thriving, as always, and it's only ever brought down by you lot whether it's intentional or natural, or perhaps both - and this includes yours truly.

Anyway, I'm keen to post in the next match thread. Can we get it going now please? Many thanks.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dont bother justify yourself to that limp wristed squib lord squeezer.

I don’t get the animosity towards the Bombers. Yes they’re confrontational, egotistical and sometimes boorish, but at least they engage the opposition. There’s too many teams that won’t and you end up talking among your team mates. Then there’s the Furies…

I think it’s up to the LG’s to make sure their recruits realise what the Sweet FA is about and that the match sims are more an excuse to get people together and bantering rather than the results they create.

As for the introduction of RL into the match threads, a little conversation about similar and alternative tastes in RL subjects like beer, pizza etc isn’t a bad thing, as long as they don’t hijack the thread completely. I personally don’t have any issue with an early or late start to the match thread as long as there’s engagement from both teams.

One fix for mine would be the removal of anyone under 21 in the Sweet FA. We need grown ups that are capable of good banter.

three things mate make this impossible:

1) the SFA is a sub forum on BigFooty, and there is no age restriction on BF.

2) even if a restrictor was brought in, it would be easily ignored because we all have anon accounts - the kids would just lie about their age.

3) and even if you did bring in an age checking mechanic, there is still the elephant in the room. The restrictions on adult banter are not due to edicts from NaturalDisaster or Ant Bear before him, or even the mods. BigFooty gets its revenue from AdSense, and in order to do that BigFooty has to comply with strict content requirements.

I get where you are coming from, I was against the Furies recruiting Pickitt because I personally had concerns about a kid in a club like that (given how they have traditionally behaved and bantered). That said, we cannot ban them because it will just drive them underground.

IN any case, your real enemy is AdSense, and the only way you are getting rid of that is if you and everyone else agrees to turn BigFooty into a subscriber service.

Back