Discussion Post in this thread if you are not planning to retire for the upcoming SFA Season

Remove this Banner Ad

your signature makes me feel uneasy though
Smirk Smile GIF by euphoria

There's too many retirement threads, I'd like to see a re-signing/ intention of remaining within the league thread
The retirement threads don't seem to correlate with actually retiring though. 🤔

I thought about it and almost did.

But then I remembered a wise mans words several seasons ago. There is two great 'myths' in the SFA:

1. "The league was better back in my day"
2. Retirement.

No one "retires" from this place, very rarely does anyone retire and stay retired.. They usually either come back instantly (as we've seen recently), come back within a season or a few seasons or can't stop posting on the board (looking at you AceAndy) despite being "retired".

People almost always come back. It's like an addiction, like any addiction you can't just quit cold turkey. Really the only way out is to ween yourself off it until you fade into obscurity and eventually get delisted. That's how I'm going out of this place.

People almost always come back. It's like an addiction, like any addiction you can't just quit cold turkey. Really the only way out is to ween yourself off it until you fade into obscurity and eventually get delisted. That's how I'm going out of this place.
I did that once and then came back years later and I was still on a list. I had the same surprise as I did finding out PMBangers is still alive!

But then I remembered a wise mans words several seasons ago. There is two great 'myths' in the SFA:

2. Retirement.

No one "retires" from this place, very rarely does anyone retire and stay retired.. They usually either come back instantly (as we've seen recently), come back within a season or a few seasons or can't stop posting on the board (looking at you AceAndy) despite being "retired".

Where's the evidence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Retirement.

Serious Donald Trump GIF by Bombay Softwares

Leave an unmarked sacrifice at the doorstep of your local old persons home

That's how the Roys recruit?

It actually does make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back