Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
186cm (AFL site)
27yo coming off a knee reconstruction

So will play 2023 as a 28yo
Who will offer a contract capable of triggering first round compensation ?
The offers didn’t flow at the hawks dispersal sale this year …
I think he remains a hawk.
No players requested out, by all reports the Giants at the very least were interested in Breust and Wingard. Irrelevant though.

It depends how he returns, if he plays at the same level he did pre injury plenty of clubs would offer a big enough contract. If he struggles it probably hurts his contract offers (obviously).

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was apparently up to his old tricks yesterday, disputing decisions and giving away 50m penalties (goals).
McEvoy looks cooked and some hawks see Sicily as captaincy material … 🤷‍♂️

Could be similar to the Toby Greene GWS effect. Comes accross as a fwit but could be one of the best blokes to play with and held in high regard internally.

He's outstanding, and would probably get the Hawks band 1 compo even after the ACL. They should let him go.
If we're bottom 3, that's probably on the cards.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If we're bottom 3, that's probably on the cards.

This is where we have the problem with the Daniher/Lions/Bombers fiasco, FA compo

I think deep down in his heart Sicily loves Hawthorn and really wants to stay, but if HFC knows they can cash on a top 5 pick (if they finish where most tipped them to be, around bottom 4), Hawthorn would understandably tell him to pursue his opinions elsewhere.

Either get rid of the compo altogether, or make sure band 1 falls out of the top 10 range.

This compo system has now proven it can be manipulated like the old priority pick bonus for finishing with less than 5 and a half wins.

This is where we have the problem with the Daniher/Lions/Bombers fiasco, FA compo

I think deep down in his heart Sicily loves Hawthorn and really wants to stay, but if HFC knows they can cash on a top 5 pick (if they finish where most tipped them to be, around bottom 4), Hawthorn would understandably tell him to pursue his opinions elsewhere.

Either get rid of the compo altogether, or make sure band 1 falls out of the top 10 range.

This compo system has now proven it can be manipulated like the old priority pick bonus for finishing with less than 5 and a half wins.
Yes, they absolutely should close the compensation loop-hole….. next year.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I actually think he's pretty expendable to the Hawks given how quickly CJ has come on. Looks like he's taken another step over the pre-season, looks really fit and spoiled really well on a couple of tough close-downs in defence.

Just can't see where else Sicily fits in.

Sydney?

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually think he's pretty expendable to the Hawks given how quickly CJ has come on. Looks like he's taken another step over the pre-season, looks really fit and spoiled really well on a couple of tough close-downs in defence.

Just can't see where else Sicily fits in.

Sydney?
One of the best interceptors in the league, and a beautiful 50+ meter kick. There’s not too many teams that couldn’t slot him in. Dogs, Carlton, brisbane are the teams in contention without an elite intercept mark. Also a free agent so makes him a whole lot more desirable

He's not tall enough to be a CHB but loose for sure.
He has successfully played on taller opponents when given that role on occasion. Ultimately though he is best suited to have the freedom to zone off, take intercepts and use his kicking skills.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
After a five year deal according to AFL.com.au

Not sure the hawks will want to lock up big coin for that long at the start of a rebuild.

I assume he is looking to get around 700-750 over 5. The last two years of that could get ugly
money would be fine, you can front load it like crazy but 5 years is a long one for a 27yo coming off a few injury hit seasons. 3+1+1 makes more sense for the club.

Back