Universal Love Erin Phillips Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with all here, that Erin has been a legend for our club and she goes to Port with our understanding and best wishes.

- I was going to post that on the Port board, but then I saw their posters saying Erin has "got out of a cult", and taking shots at our club because our announcement that she was "pursuing options with an expansion club" wasn't "respectful" - as if it's our club's role / right to announce another club's player signing.

So, stuff 'em. :)

The only issue with her leaving for them is when they name an award after her, she will be referred to Crows and Port player, even though she's had all the success with us and she goes to them to finish near bottom.

I have really enjoyed watching Erin play. She has helped put the AFC firmly in the history books of the AFLW for which I am truly grateful. Erin has earned the right to finish her career where she wants and given her history with her dad and the PAC I wish her well.

Thanks for your massive contribution to the Crows.

I have really enjoyed watching Erin play. She has helped put the AFC firmly in the history books of the AFLW for which I am truly grateful. Erin has earned the right to finish her career where she wants and given her history with her dad and the PAC I wish her well.

Thanks for your massive contribution to the Crows.
Perfectly put.

She owes the club and us nothing, we and the club owe her everything. She deserves nothing but our respect for the rest of her journey

The only issue with her leaving for them is when they name an award after her, she will be referred to Crows and Port player, even though she's had all the success with us and she goes to them to finish near bottom.

Norm Smith’s incredible coaching career at Melbourne was bookended by short stint at Fitzroy and South Melbourne. Nobody rembers those, everyone thinks of him as a Melbourne legend. No reason the same won’t happen with Erin.

I agree with all here, that Erin has been a legend for our club and she goes to Port with our understanding and best wishes.

- I was going to post that on the Port board, but then I saw their posters saying Erin has "got out of a cult", and taking shots at our club because our announcement that she was "pursuing options with an expansion club" wasn't "respectful" - as if it's our club's role / right to announce another club's player signing.

So, stuff 'em. :)
They have absolutely no right to have a go at us......after all, it was their club that pursued China over having an AFLW side some time ago....

She deserves to finish wherever she wants.

If that's at a club likely to win a spoon then so be it.

She's still a legend of the Adelaide Footy Club

They have absolutely no right to have a go at us......after all, it was their club that pursued China over having an AFLW side some time ago....

We should be forever grateful that Kochies ego had them prioritising Chynas 1% of 1% rather then putting in for an AFLW team.

Fagan did very well pairing us with the NT to get us over the line.

Imagine if Port pulled off that manoeuvre after "signing" Erin in 2015 they would've had the 3 AFLW flags with Erin leading them.

Sliding doors and all that.

Edit: Kockie has also given us 10 years of Kenny, he's like the Cash Cow that just keeps paying out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm disappointed that Erin didn't go to the States for a few years. She could then come back and help the Port Power Women's team drag themselves from the bottom of the ladder.

I wish her all the personal success in the world, but professionally I hope her new team never experiences the success Erin has had at the Crows.

There will never be another 2017 Erin Phillips. She was that much better then the rest of the competition it was comical! Even the other so called 'Marquee Players' were not even remotely in her league.

I don't begrudge this move for her 1 iota. She owes us nothing. But we'll forever be in awe!

Crows legend!

I don't really see it as passive aggressive. It's not their announcement to make. The point is Erin is leaving, and it's relevant to mention it's to an expansion club since that has an impact on what compensation we will receive (ie none).

Clearly Port want to be able to make the announcement "Erin's coming home!" It's not up to us to steal their thunder, so to speak.

Right now the tone of the media is mainly, thats a bit passive-agressive, but how good is the rivalry.

If it turns into something else once the likes of Caroline Wilson goes digging through the trash... basically they've missed the point, it's not us saying expansion club instead of Port, it's us saying expansion club instead of club.

As with pretty much all AFL departures, the player leaves, that's announced then new club gets to announce the arrival.

Anyway, I suppose the Port vs. Crows stuff will be interesting, hopefully Erin leaving for Port doesn't turn sour later on, but to be honest, for all the talk of "best rivalry in the AFL"... I kind of haven't missed them here? It's actually been enjoyable watching the games without all of the crap that goes with the rivalry.

Send them to Tasmania, I don't think I'd miss them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back