Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on a wire this season and need to keep winning after dropping a couple we should have won. It's going to be a season that comes down to the final round to settle top 4 IMO. If we want to be there we have to see every game like it's the most important one. We aren't putting sides away by big margins and a re scrapping wins so it's not going to be a cruise.
I do want to see us smash some teams though instead of hoping for close wins. Scrapping out wins isn't how you want to build up to a finals campaign. Melbourne and Brisbane dominating sides is what we want. They're already thinking about what they need to do to win the flag instead of worrying about making the 8

I don't think Adelaide are as bad as their ladder position suggests.
Without the consistency of Steele, If Jones doesn't shake off the cobwebs it only takes a down day for Gresh or Ross and they have a good chance to beat our midfield.
Then again, I'm kind of hoping Michito comes in and gets 30 touches.
I agree. If I stop joking around for a second I reckon that most teams aren't as bad as they seem. West Coast are pretty s**t due to injuries and covid but this season is very even and any team can really beat any team on their day. A lot of the teams that are depicted as "hopeless" in the media are often victims of hyperbole.

On the other hand. I like to think of Adelaide as a bottom 4 team from last year who has no right to get anywhere near us this game. They have a nothing midfield and Sloane is out and their other best midfielder Crouch has been stuck in the 2s. Should smash them by 120 or we're pretenders

I understand it, but it shyts me.

How long will it take for us to move past the "we're favorites so we will lose" or "danger game" whenever we play sides shytter than us?

When can we just be a good footy club?
Agreed, id say the port game was the only legit danger game as they finished 2nd last year and were a way better side than their 1 win had implied and the game was in cairns.

Adelaide average losing margin of 47 the last 3 weeks, percentage of 80 for the season at almost the halfway mark. It's a big enough sample size for me, this should be a 30point win at least. Of course we can lose any match but at some point we have to back the boys in regardless of that fact. We lost to bad sides in 09 but s**t happens.

We are on a wire this season and need to keep winning after dropping a couple we should have won. It's going to be a season that comes down to the final round to settle top 4 IMO. If we want to be there we have to see every game like it's the most important one. We aren't putting sides away by big margins and a re scrapping wins so it's not going to be a cruise.
3/6 have been pretty decent sized wins - that's not to say we shouldn't be doing it more often.
These close wins do nothing for our percentage or my heart.

Why weren't they desperate to play well in front of their fans last week ?

Dominated all facets of of the game clearances,stoppages and inside 50 the same as Brisbane & still didn't win.

We are a far better side we will win by 40+ points

Start getting used to us being better then supporters expectations & those 9 that picked Adelaide to win really.
They lost to the Lions by 6 goals and were actually winning in the second quarter, that's hardly disgraceful.

How long will it take for us to move past the "we're favorites so we will lose" or "danger game" whenever we play sides shytter than us?

If we don't believe we can beat any team we step on the park against, after the Geelong game, then we have a serious issue with our mindfulness.

We ARE a good footy club ...
When we play Saints footy (as opposed to trying to play some other team's footy) we can run with any team we've played this year ...
So far in 2022 we've only lost games where we've beaten ourselves ... therefore we can beat anyone!

(If you're a Saints player lurking in the forums ... pay attention - we're all sports psychologists in here ;) )

Now, where can I buy my Finals tickets?

Nas will come in, gives the young kid a chance to play in front of his friends and family for the first time in the big league, indigenous round wearing the number of the man who designed the jumper makes sense.

It makes even more sense to make sure we win the game.

If we play well we should have a good win. But if we are a bit off, the Crows could roll us on their home turf.

Rats in the post game video of what was said in the dressing rooms, was glowing of Windy's game and heaped praise on him.

I expect him to take Higgins spot. Remember that Windy was mainly playing an outside game when he came on.

For Steele they should bring in one of our mids. Note that Rats has already said that Clark is playing AFL this weekend.
So for mine, it is Bytel or Byrnes. I would go Bytel myself as he is a genuine inside mid, and a big one like Steele.

As it is is the indigenous round I do think though that it will be very likely that our med-sub will be an indigenous players. Nasiah a big chance, but if not Lienert.

PS: Sharman will stay in I believe, which means that Membrey will play a lot of time up the ground including wing. With Wood and Dmac also in the team that means that there is no wing role available.

Why weren't they desperate to play well in front of their fans last week ?

Dominated all facets of of the game clearances,stoppages and inside 50 the same as Brisbane & still didn't win.

We are a far better side we will win by 40+ points

Start getting used to us being better then supporters expectations & those 9 that picked Adelaide to win really.

What goes wrong with them that they dominate all those aspects of the game yet don't win?

With most teams , the ones who win the most contested possessions seem to be the same ones winning games.

Team Ladder Contested Possessions Ladder
Brisbane 2 1 (1321)
Melbourne 1 2 (1308)
Carlton 4 3 (1287)
Suns 12 4 (1282)
StKilda 6 5 (1276)
Crows 14 6 ( 1273)
Bulldogs 9 7 ( 1262)
GWS 15 8 (1244)
Fremantle 3 9 ( 1227)
Power 10 10 (1222)
Sydney 5 10 (1222)
Cats 7 12 (1198)
Tigers 8 13 (1188 )
Hawks 13 14 (1178)
Collingwood 15 11 (1177)
Kangaroos 17 16 (1153)
Essendon 16 17 (1131)
West Coast 18 18 (1103)

We see Suns, Crows much lower than we'd expect, and the Swans, Cats , Fremantle and Tigers higher.
Are the Crows and Suns incredibly sloppy causing turnovers? Are they particularly poor in the forward line or defense?

On the other hand. I like to think of Adelaide as a bottom 4 team from last year who has no right to get anywhere near us this game. They have a nothing midfield and Sloane is out and their other best midfielder Crouch has been stuck in the 2s. Should smash them by 120 or we're pretenders
A pity we're not playing this at Marvel ... 100+ would be a real possibility ... at AO, my focus is 4 points, and hopefully a few percentage points as a bonus.

Rumour has it Tex has a niggling groin...if this is the case put Battle on in and have him run off him attack and really make him chase hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we win this but no Steele worries me a bit. AO worries me a little bit more. Windhager is an obvious in and I think Owens will be the other.

When we don't crap the bed in games we shouldn't lose aka ,Blues last year . With all the media hype the club has had this week , I'm nervous

A pity we're not playing this at Marvel ... 100+ would be a real possibility ... at AO, my focus is 4 points, and hopefully a few percentage points as a bonus.

The Crows are never easy to beat at home regardless of where they are on the ladder so I'd be happy just to get the win, a big percentage booster would be a nice bonus but I'm not expecting that.

They are not that bad and we are not that good , jeez your setting yourself up for a fall

Saints by 60.

King to kick 10.

giphy.gif

They lost to the Lions by 6 goals and were actually winning in the second quarter, that's hardly disgraceful.
Agreed! We lost to the DEES by about the same margin they lost to the LIONS. Where does that rate them and us? Of course we only know that the LIONS and the DEES are the two top sides so far. According to some we had our chances in that game to press our claims.....So too we have to not under rate the CROWS performance.

At their best the CROWS could deal out an embarrassing dent to our aspirations! I don't believe we will fail....we have the talent, the purpose, the attitude and we have performed more consistently than they have. Imo, anyone talking of us smashing the CROWS is at best wishful thinking and at worse getting ahead of ourselves...I think we will wear them out and over run their efforts....but a win is a pragmatic expectation..... the rest just noise and glitter!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back