Autopsy 2022 Rd 10 Blues and heart surgeons rejoice. Carlton beat Swans

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He really is isn't he. I never thought he would improve like this. Has a better head on his shoulders than i thought he did. Couple of big 1 on 1 wins tonight.

Don't dislike him in the side at all.
Voss has used the words 'role player' quite a few times. Cotrell is showing us what that means and how it can make a moderately talented player perform above expectations.
Voss also uses the words 'playing to their strengths' . Cotrell is certainly playing to his strengths -his fitness, and the team is the beneficiary.
Sometimes coaches make things too complex , and it overwhelms players and they dont play up to their potential

I didn't think it was a malicious hit.

Saad set him up with a hospital kick, he had a split second to react and probably overdid it.

Kennedy has always struck me as a fair and reasonable player.
It wasn't, he attempted to play the ball.
The execution was off but these things happen.

I couldn’t understand why the crowd was booing Luke Parker. I couldn’t give a s**t as to his antics with Shiel. Fudge Shiel and *.

Having said that, he was smooshed in two crunching tackles. That I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was really weird - you'd think Blues fans would have been keen on him mocking a Bombers player.

They will play a lot of games together both are natural small forwards both have anticipation and poise.
Motlop is special he’s hard he’s legs wobbled in the first quarter from a big hit but didn’t go down he was disappointed with his misses because they all looked easy gettable goals not freaky snaps to most they would be freaky snaps he slows time like the great players.Durdin has such great balance always ready to dispose or tackle rarely loses his feet always in the contest.
They are both so young they are just going to improve for years our recruiting is spot on

Nick Austin, son of curly, has shown that he can pluck value from anywhere- It is remarkable. He will take our list to a string of premierships.
Instead of chasing a papley- as sos did , he backed his judgement and got us Durdin and Motlop , to add to owies and fish. Suddenly our Achilles heel is our strength. Its looking like the tiger premiership forward line, with 2 elite talls (Reiwaldt/Lynch>> Harry/Charlie) and a fleet of small forwards ( caddy, rioli, castagna, butler etc) . Not sure that we have a player directly comparable to Dusty, but Cripps drifting forward can be pretty unstoppable as well.

Nick Austin, son of curly, has shown that he can pluck value from anywhere- It is remarkable. He will take our list to a string of premierships.
Instead of chasing a papley- as sos did , he backed his judgement and got us Durdin and Motlop , to add to owies and fish. Suddenly our Achilles heel is our strength. Its looking like the tiger premiership forward line, with 2 elite talls (Reiwaldt/Lynch>> Harry/Charlie) and a fleet of small forwards ( caddy, rioli, castagna, butler etc) . Not sure that we have a player directly comparable to Dusty, but Cripps drifting forward can be pretty unstoppable as well.
nick austin has single handedly transformed our team...

in his short time hes added the following best 22 players...

saad
williams
cerra
hewett
durdin
motlop
carroll

with boyd and mirkov tracking well also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One reason I wouldn’t mind Motlop having a rest was the early hit he copped. Happened right in front of me™.

The lights flickered badly, but didn’t quite go out. Would be no harm in a week’s rest.
He will get a weeks rest after next Sunday.

He was taunting sheil and * for being weak..

We should have given him a cheer ffs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was just genuinely confused as to why we would boo him.

Voss has used the words 'role player' quite a few times. Cotrell is showing us what that means and how it can make a moderately talented player perform above expectations.
Voss also uses the words 'playing to their strengths' . Cotrell is certainly playing to his strengths -his fitness, and the team is the beneficiary.
Sometimes coaches make things too complex , and it overwhelms players and they dont play up to their potential
Role players are also reliant on the core players doing their job. This is now happening, we can win the midfield battle pretty much every week so everyone’s job becomes easier. Last year it was extremely rare for us to win the midfield battle. It’s also why you don’t gift games to players like Dow as Bolton did because you handicap everyone else’s development for one players.

A player who averages 10 touches and a goal a game in a winning side is an important role player, a player who averages 10 touches and a goal a game in a bottom side isn’t doing enough.
Richmond players are a perfect example of this

Do number of touches mean he plays well? Been pretty average most games, poor in quite a few. His kicking isn't great, dow like alot of the time, and impact on games is minimal. I would like more out of him.

Quoting stats doesn't do much for me, my nan could average 20 touches in modern footy

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Of course it doesn’t mean he has played well, but imo, you’re being too harsh on a player who has has hardly put a foot wrong. His kicking isn’t great but he’s been good and if he is our worst mid, then we are in a really strong position.

Youre a hard marker.

Not sure if mentioned on here but Walsh apparently said there was an illness outbreak at the club,is anyone across this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Both Walsh and Voss tried to play it down. There's been a virus through our club (and a lot of clubs) over the last couple of weeks. Plow and Setters both missed games. Not sure how many players were crook.

Back