Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He was influential when the game was there to be won. Don’t get your panties in a knot.
He was a threat for sure. Can mark and kick and reads the play really well allowing him to get into good positions. Our defenders struggled with him and Elliott…both can leap over packs.

luckily we were too strong around most of the ground.

Haven’t got my panties in a knot Charlie Curnow miles in front of Howe

He did not play on Charlie.

I was responding to the coaches voting for Cameron; when I thought Howe was better. It turned out AFL.com thought so as well; so not really a GAGF moment.

Screenshot (194).png

I thought he had a good game besides the 2nd quarter and deserved votes. No big deal really.

He did not play on Charlie.

I was responding to the coaches voting for Cameron; when I thought Howe was better. It turned out AFL.com thought so as well; so not really a GAGF moment.

View attachment 1761738

I thought he had a good game besides the 2nd quarter and deserved votes. No big deal really.
No you said Howe was best on Charlie was clearly bog
I’m thinking we have a Collingwood supporter in disguise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even after the 8th viewing of the Kayo Mini, there was still 'movement at the station'..
the best part for me was watching their attempts at running it through the middle and lairy passes get tackled , intercepted , smothered and tackled again for a turnover and a goal to us- deeefence = offense on show.

You all see this footage?

Incredible off the ball running to even be an option inside f50...goal only happened thanks to elite running and workrate from Hollands and Martin.

That is extraordinary running. And to get on the end of it and finish. Sums up the turn around.
To draw body contact as he entered the 50 as well to give him that initial seperation. V smart footballer.

Although probably shouldn't be giving him kicking lessons, Blake Acres would be a worthy mentor for the kid. He was also a gangly skinny draftee and after gaining muscle and strength still is a running machine and has maintained his resilience.
Was this week the first time Blake has kicked it out on the full to the left pocket ?

Even after the 8th viewing of the Kayo Mini, there was still 'movement at the station'..

fail gas station GIF

After a 4th watch my favourite moments of the game are:

The little angry dainty skip Darcy Moore does after realizing he has cost his team the game giving CC a 3rd free in the last and played the worst game of his life. Not only did he give 3 frees in the last. He trailed CC by 20m when Curnow kicked his 2nd with no pressure, let Motlop run in to kick his 2nd in the last running away from the contest to cover CC while Murphy was already back there. His kicking was horrendous with 3 unforced turnovers and a couple of others that didn't hit targets and resulted in stoppages.

The bump from Cripps on Quaynor stopping his run. Hodge mentioned earlier that Cincotta missed a similar opportunity on Markov which step up a score. Whenever I talked to people who have worked on the edge of the club, they all say what a great group of guys the Carlton player are but maybe too nice. Crippas showing a harder edge. We need more of that.

Martins one hand where he puts the block on Maynard and then steps in to take it out of Siddies hands. Showed why he was talked up as such a huge talent a a junior. The difference in the output he gives over Honey is insane.

Owies getting out the back, even if he did error in kicking to Crippa once. How often did we used to let teams especially the pies to that to us. They only really did it once and even then Elliot was in the pocket on the boundary on his wrong foot. It is all part of getting the shots at goal from betters spots or running into the goal square where you cant miss. CC kicking plays a big part in this. If he gets it with 70m from goal run back hard

Only negative was we could have shown more composure late in the last. There second last goal came from poor play in the situation. Motlop I50 on the boundary handpasses it to a dangerous place(just take the contact and the throw in we didn't need to score), after winning the ball back with pressure Acres missed an easy handpass resulting in a turnover, Wieters wins back the ball and gives it to Kemp who kicks short to a 1 on 1. That goal gave them a slight chance with about 6 minutes left on the clock. Thought we deserved more than a 17 point win that that goal and the junk time Adams goal with less than a minute to go gave them.

Back