Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the only King thank you very much …

View attachment 1639238

In your opinion 😜

cries perfect freddie mercury GIF

The nickname 'King' relates to the Afrikaan translation of 'Koning' which means 'King', and not any physical attributes (at this very young stage of his career).

You're welcome.
Are you actually suggesting that most Carlton supporters would have known that? 😂

I am sure it’s just Koning turning into King when you remove the O and N.

Last edited:
Are you actually suggesting that most Carlton supporters would have known that? 😂

I am sure it’s just Koning being very close to King when you remove the O and N.
club spread it around a fair bit - plus our massive afrikaan supporter base..........

We were brutal against Geelong really hurting and bruising a mature tough side.
We are progressing faster than perceived when you look at our last four games.
A loss to Melbourne and Collingwood by less than a goal.
Draw with Richmond leading late in the game.
Defeated Geelong last years premiers.
Our form line trajectory suggests we are a bigger chance of top 4 than many give us credit for.
The ❓is turning the table on the bogey sides and injuries.
I'm keeping a lid on it but the pressure is building making it hard to hold it down.
qxrowolgngwsxlksksvn.gif

so let me get this right - you're suggesting a first year player was dubbed "king' because carlton supporters believed he was or was going to be the "king" of ruckmen? is that it?
I've taken umbrage with the saints and sun's supporters calling their full forwards "Kingy". They're just full of themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meanwhile the likes of Dow Stocker and SPS are years in the system and still not running at an AFL level - Austin's shift to drafting aerobic players is a much needed correction
Stocker TN with saints V Dogs looks ok
Obvious fall out......expense !
Samo sill doing ok with eagles
Dow not want to judge..
Hollands has excellent run ability,remind me of D.Rhys-Jones

I am sure it’s just Koning turning into King when you remove the O and N.
Well I did! 😁

One thought about this game, we beat a decent team with 4 pure onballers and two wingmen. Which is pretty much bare minimum.

Hollands and Acres come in as wingmen who can run elite distance and at speed. Then there is Ed Curnow who is also an elite runner back after a season off. Does adding elite runners, players who don't or hardly need to be rotated to the team reduce the need to have rotations in a position? Add Walsh to that midfield, you have Curnow, Hollands, Acres and Walsh as players capable of doing 15Km+ a game who can play footy.

I know last year we had O'Brien and Cottrell who were also capable but this is a bit of a different level.

One thought about this game, we beat a decent team with 4 pure onballers and two wingmen. Which is pretty much bare minimum.

Hollands and Acres come in as wingmen who can run elite distance and at speed. Then there is Ed Curnow who is also an elite runner back after a season off. Does adding elite runners, players who don't or hardly need to be rotated to the team reduce the need to have rotations in a position? Add Walsh to that midfield, you have Curnow, Hollands, Acres and Walsh as players capable of doing 15Km+ a game who can play footy.

I know last year we had O'Brien and Cottrell who were also capable but this is a bit of a different level.

It's a massive bonus

Guys like Walsh, Hollands, Acres, Cotts, run at a much higher speed for longer and you still have Ed and LOB.

If we can get guys back in the side with genuine burst, Cuners and Boyd, then they and others share more of the rotations, keeping them fresh, more dangerous

If gawn is gone for the year that more than covers our own loss with Zac Williams against a team well in contenton.
Bit more bullish about having two rucks in the team but it kind of horses for courses. But should be remembered Demons won it with 2 rucks and basically Cats did last season so the trend is something to really experiment with. Cats did it well late last season when they basically used their second ruck in defence for much of the time. I think that something to do more of ourselves.

Back