Autopsy 2023 Rd 7 Charlie's Blues beat Eagles by a tonne

Who played well vs the Eagles in Round 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched it again last night. Yeah the opposition wasn't much however Port and Geelong only beat them by 7-8 goals and the Dees by 10, we thoroughly ripped them apart....on their home turf.

Hopefully that is the statement win we need to release the pressure and provide the players confidence that they can play scintillating football, they can smoothly transition quickly out of defence through the middle and hit targets up forward. Trust the midfield to win the first ball and dish off quickly, that will be vital against Brissie on Friday night.

Anyone listed to SEN this morning? Was listening on my way to work and that flog Buckley just gave us no credit. His words on their quick match rundown segment "Ill be short and sharp on this, West Coast provide no pressure, this win doesnt say anything about Carlton" K Cornes tried talk up Sam Walsh's kicks into the forward 50 and Buckley didnt even reply just tried to move onto the next match. Bloke is a complete flog.
All that needs to be said about Nathan was that his coaching reign ended with him being so regimented that his team stagnated so badly that they were second last.

Put McCrae in there with Nick Daicos and all of a sudden they are an exciting team that people want to watch.

It must grate on Buckley that his old team is so much better as a result of him not being there.

All that needs to be said about Nathan was that his coaching reign ended with him being so regimented that his team stagnated so badly that they were second last.

Put McCrae in there with Nick Daicos and all of a sudden they are an exciting team that people want to watch.

It must grate on Buckley that his old team is so much better as a result of him not being there.

When you listen to him talk footy you understand why. He just waffles nonsense. Never heard someone so caught up in jargon that they can speak for 5 minutes without saying anything informative or interesting.

Yeah but game was over. Personally think he’s best 22 and lacks the zip you often want from a sub.

not sure many teams have a 3rd or 4th mid as good as him. He’s a cut above that. But not a top 2 type yet, I’d agree.
I was watching Kennedy working back when we lost the ball, and he was just jogging. Not enough effort for someone coming on at 3/4 time.

was great in the guts though.

I was watching Kennedy working back when we lost the ball, and he was just jogging. Not enough effort for someone coming on at 3/4 time.

He hasn’t been able to keep his feet for a couple of weeks now too. Something is definitely up with him. I thought he did what he had to do but I’m also not convinced either

I know this is way down the list of things that I enjoyed on Saturday, but I did like that there was a 'Honey' and a 'Darling' playing in the same game. Made me giggle every time.
True story. 20 odd years ago I was a mortgage broker in the U.K. I did a mortgage for an unmarried couple who's surnames were Dearlove and Gotobed. I could hardly keep a straight face.

Absurd fixturing.
We got a really bad draw this year.
Even though we all hate them, Essendon got the raw end of the stick over the next 2 rounds, Port in Adelaide and then Brisbane in.Brisbane. There should be no reason why if you're travelling interstate as a melbourne club only 6 times a year that this should happen.

the co-architect is currently riding poor old freo into the depths of the ladder, like mentor, like mentee etc

Even though we all hate them, Essendon got the raw end of the stick over the next 2 rounds, Port in Adelaide and then Brisbane in.Brisbane. There should be no reason why if you're travelling interstate as a melbourne club only 6 times a year that this should happen.
Don't feel too sorry for them they still have North and WCE twice to play this season.

Happpened to us last year. Adelaide in Adelaide and then Brisbane in Brisbane (followed by Melb and Pies at the G) in the last four weeks of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By a fair margin.
Really like the look of Kemp. I think he may have secured his spot. I know I'm calling it early.
But this player was highly rated when we got him.
And we got him on the cheap after he did his ACL in his draft year. He was tracking top 5 IIRC before that happened. And thankfully, the club has been nice and patient with him as he regained confidence in his affected knee, and we didn't rush him back early.

I also think that our development strategy last year of playing him up forward in games helped his defensive game as well.

I think that the strategy is that Kennedy plays a kick behind the ball and runs to the outlet points that the club wants to move through. He's like McLean in that fashion, slow as a wet week, but is always where he is supposed to be.

Coaches votes ...

10 Charlie Curnow (CARL) :whitecheck:
7 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Adam Cerra (CARL)
3 Blake Acres (CARL)
1 Harry McKay (CARL)

The Wet Toasters had two weeks in Adelaide in the two weeks before they played us at home. I bet they aren't looking at those two games and saying that's why we lost to Carlton. So... * Essendon.

Rounds 10, 11 will be interesting from that standpoint. Pies on the Sunday, then Sydney, in Sydney on the Friday (5-day break). Do we look to manage a few players against the Pies, with a view to being at our strongest against the Swans, who are just a bit vulnerable at the moment? Or manage players out of the Sydney match? Or is it all out for both?
I think it's healthier mentally to put forward our strongest team against the Pies, and then if we have players sore manage them against the swans.

The other way might snag a win, but effectively conceding the Pies game has the risk of scarring us mentallyl.

One benefit of kemp down back is he naturally knows how to work around stoppages it a skill that can't be forgotten down back .. the fact he can run fast and jump on guys heads for fun is a side benefit 😂😂

While WC had plenty of players out we have played plenty of poor sides over the last couple of years and never been able to put them to the sword.

While we smashed them, I thought that they still put in. 68 tackles indicates they were at least trying

Not sure why Barass didn't spend the whole game on CC. He is a good player and surely the best option on CC. Admittedly H had him beaten regularly in the first quarter.

WhoGAF…..
it’s the druggies FFS
Should play all their games interstate or in Shanghai

Kemp would have been getting regular AFL games sooner imo, but the club (sensibly imo) has played a very conservative route with managing his injuries and recovery.

In an ideal world, he would play every game in the seniors for the rest of the season, but being common sense and being prudent with his body, suggests otherwise.

But I saw on Sat Night how Andrew Skywalker gushed a couple of years about about Brodie being the best talent to come out of Echuca in Years !!

Btw I miss Andrew Walker and his hat.

In all honesty, I think he was a better player than most of us gave him credit for, but played in so many bad/lowly teams, it was often hard to recognise how good he was over his career, very solid player.

I think it's healthier mentally to put forward our strongest team against the Pies, and then if we have players sore manage them against the swans.

The other way might snag a win, but effectively conceding the Pies game has the risk of scarring us mentallyl.

Agree - pies are not only the measuring stick, but are a better drilled and more consistent version of the crows who absolutely mangled us by 10 goals.

If we can’t compete, I’d like to know asap so I can eco for the rest of the year.

Back