Autopsy 2023 Rd 7 Charlie's Blues beat Eagles by a tonne

Who played well vs the Eagles in Round 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree - pies are not only the measuring stick, but are a better drilled and more consistent version of the crows who absolutely mangled us by 10 goals.

If we can’t compete, I’d like to know asap so I can eco for the rest of the year.

The Demons are the measuring stick for mine given they just won the flag 2 years ago, and Collingwood are still perennial finals chokers.
Geelong still should be considered higher than Collingwood, given their proven finals pedigree.

Can't see anyone beating Melbourne for the flag this season tbh, they have the best depth of any club and no weak lines in any position around the ground.

I remember early in 2007 when Geelong absolutely flogged us early in season. They had had a terrible 2006 where they couldn't match the expectations on them, had a coaching review and the walls were closing in. They'd dropped the previous game and change and a nuclear bomb was imminent.

They played near on a perfect game and demolished us. I remember saying to a cats supporter that they would win the flag and was laughed at.

Not saying that the rest will automatically follow. But that's how we played Saturday night.

Last edited:
Just a bloody good all round strong performance by most of the boys. ( I think we all know who the ordinary ones were)
Hope this brings back the confidence we seemed to have lost over the past couple of weeks, I think the Crows game really dented their pride and self belief.
Maybe this will help them remember how good they can actually play and be the start if something beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So happy to see a game like that from Charlie. I've felt a game like it brewing for 20+ weeks now, he's had a few games where he's threatened to tear it apart but didn't quite get there, but he did on Saturday. Such a nightmare mismatch - to small, nimble and athletic for big KPDs but too strong and good aerially for medium/3rd tall types. Very few natural matchups for him across the league.

That hanger I feel was one of those big little things that can happen. He hasn't really gone for many of those since returning but to pull one off shows the confidence in his body is returning and for him himself to know he can still do it and land ok I think could quietly be a big moment for him. He's taken pack marks and the like but hasn't tried to sit on anyone for a while so good to see.

Even though Harry is clearly grossly down on confidence I actually really like what he's doing to stay involved. He's doing lots of team things and even though he's not able to reward himself by getting the goals he's still having an impact.

I love the marking on the wing, good way to stay involved in important areas. However, I've also noticed he's been chasing hard which is great for a key forward, and he's quick enough to do it. Also inside 50 several times he blocked for Charlie. Whether that's confidence and not wanting the ball himself - possibly - but at least he's channelling it in a healthy way for the team.

Instead of shying away entirely from the game he's doing other team orientated things at an elite level for a 200+cm key forward which is just so good to see. Yes it'd be amazing if he could remember where his foot is when kicking for goal, and ultimately he/we need him back to his best in that regard, but for now he's still finding a way to help the team.

Even though Harry is clearly grossly down on confidence I actually really like what he's doing to stay involved. He's doing lots of team things and even though he's not able to reward himself by getting the goals he's still having an impact.

I love the marking on the wing, good way to stay involved in important areas. However, I've also noticed he's been chasing hard which is great for a key forward, and he's quick enough to do it. Also inside 50 several times he blocked for Charlie. Whether that's confidence and not wanting the ball himself - possibly - but at least he's channelling it in a healthy way for the team.

Instead of shying away entirely from the game he's doing other team orientated things at an elite level for a 200+cm key forward which is just so good to see. Yes it'd be amazing if he could remember where his foot is when kicking for goal, and ultimately he/we need him back to his best in that regard, but for now he's still finding a way to help the team.
Harry is playing a great role, watch out when he gets his kicking right.

I know this is way down the list of things that I enjoyed on Saturday, but I did like that there was a 'Honey' and a 'Darling' playing in the same game. Made me giggle every time.

“And Honey puts a monstrous tackle on Darling and now Honey and Darling are wrestling on the ground. Oh wow, will you look at that? Things are really starting to heat up between Honey and Darling.” BT, probably.

yes, his general play is very,very good. He's clearly in very good condition - just needs to get the head sorted - and I'm sure the Club are all over the issue....

“And Honey puts a monstrous tackle on Darling and now Honey and Darling are wrestling on the ground. Oh wow, will you look at that? Things are really starting to heat up.” BT, probably.

Imagine the possibilities if Honey and Bosustow played in the same team.

Commentators would Bee making a lot of Hive Jokes

Back