Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

:blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

Lol, “I can bench press 180 keg’s” Quaynor, easily accounted for there by JM, gets ball to ground, quickly hustles and delivers an elite handball to Jesse.
Crippa treating two outsiders in the guts with utter disregard before putting it to Jack, what a play!

Lol, “I can bench press 180 keg’s” Quaynor, easily accounted for there by JM, gets ball to ground, quickly hustles and delivers an elite handball to Jesse.
Crippa treating two outsiders in the guts with utter disregard before putting it to Jack, what a play!
Just needed the crowd noise. It gave me goosebumps.👍

Half the games in our bad patch during the year we may have won IF we had of kicked better.. bad kicking is bad football, similar to the catches win matches in cricket.
Don't say cricket.....

Photoshop comp!

F2VAwY6aIAACYEW

I still can't believe how young Jesse is, especially seeing his high school mates who flew over from Perth for the game in the rooms afterwards, none of them looks a day over 15 lol

Honestly when we drafted Jesse, I knew he would be a gun, but wasn't expecting performances like he gave against the Pies on Friday Night until his third or fourth season at AFL level.

He is a Baby Faced Assassin ! And the spell in the Magoos seemed to have done him the world of good, with increased work rate, defensive intensity and tackling etc !

He is still only 19 years old !!!

You all see this footage?

Incredible off the ball running to even be an option inside f50...goal only happened thanks to elite running and workrate from Hollands and Martin.

Incredible. Goosebumps. Burns off two opponents who shared duties trying to keep up. No slouch chasing him at the end either.

That’s some of the best Carlton footage I’ve ever seen (at least in the last 20 years). Much prefer this kind of footage to flashy goals etc.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hollands will be better than Simpson as he is a stronger more dynamic footballer.
Hollands is the second coming of David Glascot, the most under rated player of the last 50 years. A player, who appears a B grader but is really an A grader

Massive call Jezz, got a very, very long way to go to be even close to Simmo. Was a club legend.

Wouldn't mind playing dogs week 1 of finals just to see what Charlie did to the backup of the backup key defenders.
Lets not put that cart in front of our horse

One week at at a time PLEASE. :thumbsu:

I feel like Denis Pagan.....A walking , talking cliche :straining:

But if you look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves. ;)

And there will be no tails wagging the dog this week at Princes Park. 🐕

Last edited:
Hollands will be better than Simpson as he is a stronger more dynamic footballer.
Hollands is the second coming of David Glascot, the most under rated player of the last 50 years. A player, who appears a B grader but is really an A grader
Tend to agree Michael and I will back our fitness staff to add six kilo's to his fame before round one next season. The added strength will add considerable confidence and Ollie is going to be an elite wingman. Can see him playing a lot on ball as well, in coming years.

Ollie going into the goal square in the Port game to block the player hassling Curnow was pretty funny. He looks like an under 16s player taking on a pro and winning. Legend :)

Ollie going into the goal square in the Port game to block the player hassling Curnow was pretty funny. He looks like an under 16s player taking on a pro and winning. Legend :)
his follow up tackle on maynard was funny also. He drove him to the ground after his tackle. BT talked it up and had some fun with it too.

Reminds me of this

I though he looked heavy and wasn't running well. Bench press is really over rated for AFL footballers especially non KPP.

Tend to agree Michael and I will back our fitness staff to add six kilo's to his fame before round one next season. The added strength will add considerable confidence and Ollie is going to be an elite wingman. Can see him playing a lot on ball as well, in coming years.
Although probably shouldn't be giving him kicking lessons, Blake Acres would be a worthy mentor for the kid. He was also a gangly skinny draftee and after gaining muscle and strength still is a running machine and has maintained his resilience.

Lets not put that cart in front of our horse

One week at at a time PLEASE. :thumbsu:

I feel like Denis Pagan.....A walking , talking cliche :straining:

But if you look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves. ;)

And there will be no tails wagging the dog this week at Princes Park. 🐕

mate not only have i got the cart before the horse, but that cart has rockets mounted on it and the afterburners have kicked in

Coaches votes:-

9 - Charlie Curnow (CARL)
7 - Nic Newman (CARL)
5 - Jacob Weitering (CARL)
4 - Jack Martin (CARL)

3 - Darcy Cameron (COLL)
2 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)

NDaicos - NO VOTES :tearsofjoy:

Back