Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination Final vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The one time that Freo could have gotten one over us was if they saw through SOS’ game and didn’t match our bid for Liam Henry lol. They did and we ended up with a significantly better player in Brodie Kemp anyway. :D
I'd still like to see Kemp getting a go further up the ground but that's getting more and more unlikely with each excellent defensive game.

I'd still like to see Kemp getting a go further up the ground but that's getting more and more unlikely with each excellent defensive game.

I am loving that we are seeing our guys going behind the ball and helping out in defence. Charlie against GC and Martin last Friday. I am sure we will see Kemp used in the midfield and in forward 50 at certain times in the future. We have a coach in Vossy who seems happy to use players all over and it works.

I am loving that we are seeing our guys going behind the ball and helping out in defence. Charlie against GC and Martin last Friday. I am sure we will see Kemp used in the midfield and in forward 50 at certain times in the future. We have a coach in Vossy who seems happy to use players all over and it works.
I’ll go a step further. I’m loving the way the boys are throwing everything at it right now and not leaving nothing behind.
Keep playing our system and there is no limit - this year!!!

Last edited:

Late to the party
Relief over joy at the final whistle, but plenty of euphoric moments (Cerra goal, Acres sealer) along the way.

Both teams clogged the corridor and this became a wing based transition game with cottrel playing an immense 1st half and acres showing what a tough warrior he is and working his arse off.

Marchy a bit edging initially but then he grew into the game and played well. Tactically we did well 1st half our backline setup worked perfectly.

Only tactical blunder was our sub. We needed another mid. Cerra was out of petrol tickets and we really asked a lot the endurance runners whilst sydney were easily out running us in the last.

As slight as hollands is, we missed him. Dow would also have helped.

Hopefully cerra can use bench less next week, but we need to continue with 2 ruck combo.

Reckon, Demons may bring in Grundy to allow Gawn time as a forward, so difficult to stop , beautiful mark and kick, allowing McDonald ,Smith, Frit, & Kosi the opportunity to get off lease and cause havoc.
It’s gonna be a 50 /50 game, a real slog, may not be much in it in the end.
Go Blues

Was there no cross to the Carlton rooms on the coverage of the Brisbane game? Fox footy didn’t bother going there. What happened on 7??

Back