Autopsy 2023 Preliminary Final Blues brave season comes to an end

Who played well for Carlton in the Preliminary Final vs Brisbane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't beat a team with a hospital ward full of tired players on a stinking hot day, just because you beat them earlier in the season. Richmond beat us 3 times in 72.

Pat yourself on the back for not enjoying the season because we lost in a prelim. You are so much better than those that celebrated the achievements. Your attitude will, no doubt, strengthen the resolve of the coaches and players to do better next season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coaches' Votes

10 -
Keidean Coleman (BL)
7 - Josh Dunkley (BL)
5 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
4 - Oscar McInerney (BL)
3 - Harris Andrews (BL)
1 - Caleb Marchbank (CARL)

Coaches' Votes

10 -
Keidean Coleman (BL)
7 - Josh Dunkley (BL)
5 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
4 - Oscar McInerney (BL)
3 - Harris Andrews (BL)
1 - Caleb Marchbank (CARL)

Oscar McInerney was next to useless in the GF - (IMO) # 1 reason Brisbane's midfield were flogged. AA Harris Andrews was neutered by Frampton FFS. Coleman in the GF who? and Dunkley was busy catching thin air on DeGooey.

They played their GF against a beaten up Carlton on their gababadabagoo ground - big time.

Oscar McInerney was next to useless in the GF - (IMO) # 1 reason Brisbane's midfield were flogged. AA Harris Andrews was neutered by Frampton FFS. Coleman in the GF who? and Dunkley was busy catching thin air on DeGooey.

They played their GF against a beaten up Carlton on their gababadabagoo ground - big time.
Andrews was pretty good against Pies - especially in that last quarter. Thought he was almost better against the Pies than against us

To be fair, Coleman was given 2nd BOG by both the coaches and the Norm Smith Panel. He had a massive first half (but didn't do much after half time).

Andrews was pretty good against Pies - especially in that last quarter. Thought he was almost better against the Pies than against us
I only watched a replay because I played golf - I knew the wobblers would beat the pretenders...game was over as soon as Brisbane's 2 1/2 goal lead was eliminated with successive goals bang bang bang from Collingwood- Brisbane were legless.

It is cricket season now and we all barrack for the same team. :D ( cept my wife who is a Kiwi :p )

Not quite the same is it?

Now all is done and dusted and I am fully recovered from my six-day road trip to Brizzy and Gold Coast. Four days driving!!!!( thanks airlines for the price gouging. How can it be illegal to sell game tickets at more than 10% face value but they can charge $2400 return airfares?)

Any how I enjoyed doing that drive one last time with my best mate and I just want to say how proud I am of our team.

The vibe in Brisbane and the Goldy was amazing with Blues colours everywhere. Carlton people openly chatting , encouraging each other and being in great spirits in the lead up.

The Gabba itself is a wonderful boutique stadium with a great feel about it and it genuinely sounded like we outnumbered them. The atmosphere and support for us was electric and the weather brilliant.

That first quarter was as good as anything I have seen from our boys . Off the charts pressure, incredible ball use. If not for Harris Andrew it may have been over after 30 minutes. Amazing performance.

Sadly we could not sustain it after our super tough past few months and a few banged up boys but LOOK OUT 2024.

NOBODY CAN BEAT what we did in that first quarter......Finish top four, home finals and we have so much reason to dream of 17 .

Thanks Blues for a season that we won't forget .

Back