Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched that. Was Robbo drunk? Or is that just the way he talks now lol (haven't heard him speak for awhile)
Both . He is always drunk and always talks like that.

Reminds me of an interview with Shane McGowan's ( lead singer of the Pogues) girlfriend and she was asked if she like Shane better when he was sober. She replied she didn't know because she had not been around him when he was sober

Melbourne supporter ( who still hasn’t paid me the slab he owes from round 22) just commented on how calm and reasonable I had been after the win.

I am so happy and full of love, I don’t need to get pleasure out of other peoples pain. I am content, balanced and it a state of enlightenment. At least for this week life is as good as it gets. May this state continue until Narch next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I don’t want to hear bloody complaints and excuses from the Melbourne footy club,” Brown said.
“They choked twice, lets be honest. They couldn’t get the job done.
“One, because they aren’t as good as what they think they are and two, because they can’t execute in front of goals. It’s pretty simple.”
Brown labelled the belief “absolutely pathetic”, declaring: “Don’t look for excuses and give me that garbage. Get mentally stronger as a playing group. I won’t have it.”

Last edited:
The zombie stuff though...
he couldnt help himself all that training he must have undergone to say some nice things about Carlton- and he mumbles what he really thinks...called the Carlton supporters "zombies"

Just rewatching for the ‘insert number’ time.

… And TDK had an influential all-round game. Critical to the result.

He had the best 2 minutes of his life in the first quarter.

Went back & slotted both, no problems.

He’s important.👍

Look I’m taking him at his word but…. I think maybe he’s saying that because he wasn’t a bystander watching the 99 prelim. No doubt this was massive BUT Koutas last qtr in the 99 prelim…
I was at both games. I loved that -999 game and watched it on repeat. It was way better than 1995 (I was also at that).

This WAS bigger than 1999. It just was. There was a lot more psychotic emotion.

And the finishing play in this one unleashed absolute never seen before mayhem.

I was at both games. I loved that -999 game and watched it on repeat. It was way better than 1995 (I was also at that).

This WAS bigger than 1999. It just was. There was a lot more psychotic emotion.

And the finishing play in this one unleashed absolute never seen before mayhem.
16k more there the other night - wonder why the 99 pf only pulled 80k? - not the election that day, surely - stand being built? .............

Whately: In this moment you have choices everywhere but the choice you could not have expected was that you would have a loose man in the goalsquare. When did it occur to you “oh my god we have a loose man in the goalsquare?”

Docherty: When I turned around I saw a lot of white jumpers and not many Demons jumpers and that scares you a little as you have so many options you don’t know which one to pick. I opted for the longest one - the one closest to the goals and I think Gov’s play to be able to get up and essentially try and mark but…

1a14b1f5489ebd53a52a323a67b9603d.jpg

The screenshot shows how many open players there were. Basically all of Melbournes mids who were around Viney when he kicked the turnover did not try to go back and defend - because they probably didn’t expect the ball to head back in so fast.

None of Viney, Petracca, Langdon, Gawn, Salem, Neal Bullem ran back to defend. The only one I could spot doing so was Tomlinson and he got there about two second too late.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Look I’m taking him at his word but…. I think maybe he’s saying that because he wasn’t a bystander watching the 99 prelim. No doubt this was massive BUT Koutas last qtr in the 99 prelim…
Not gonna squabble over which was better.🤣

Back