Soccer 2022 Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
With the finish of the major leagues last weekend . Thought it would be right to start a thread for the new season and looking into player transfers market/outright odds for leagues etc

there will be a few interesting qualifiers in the next month or so for the FIFA World Cup

Scotland v Ukraine

Costa Rica V New Zealand

Australia/UAE v Peru

Early odds for those qualifiers

Scotland 2.25, Draw 2.90, Ukraine 3.40

Costa Rica 1.66, Draw 3.50, New Zealand 5

UAE 4.50, Draw 3.30, Australia 1.80

All games are 1 match knock outs

I'd be tempted to go the double chance on UAE/Draw. We've been really poor of late.
Losing Tom Rogic hurts Australias chances

But this squads depth hasn't been good for a while.

If I stand to be corrected, Aussies have just the 2 players of the current squad playing in the Top 5 leagues in Europe.

Socceroos Squad: Atkinson, Behich, Boyle, D'Agostino, Davidson, Degenek, Dougall, Duke, Genreau, Goodwin,, Hrustic, Irvine, Karacic, Joel King, Leckie, Mabil, MacLaren, McGree, Mooy, Redmayne, Rowles, Ryan, Sainsbury, Stensness, Taggart, Tilio, Vukovic, Wright

Peru squad seem to be mostly Latin American based/Mexico based players.

Agreed. Even for them to qualify looks good near 3s

Why is this played in Qatar? Wont do us any favours, record in the middle east is ordinary
The games were originally scheduled for March 2022 but due to the disruption of the pandemic they had to make it a 1 leg playoff and squeeze it in a small timeframe.

Id fancy Australia over 2 legs over UAE and 2 legs over a Peru. Not sure how we go in a 1 match knock out.

Can get Australia $4.25 to qualify for the World Cup at TAB , which I think is a pretty good price, considering they are $1.40 to qualify against UAE.

Maybe im cynical but i cant see us making it to the WC. I agree with the sentiment Oman/Draw is a good bet tbh. Based on what are we 1.40? Dont have the cattle to be favs like that

Maybe im cynical but i cant see us making it to the WC. I agree with the sentiment Oman/Draw is a good bet tbh. Based on what are we 1.40? Dont have the cattle to be favs like that
UAE whole squad are all UAE based players. No one aside from the locals, really knows how good the league is.

Interesting to note though, Australia have played UAE 6 times since 2011, all of those games have gone Under 2.5 Goals.

Agree with what you said though, playing a game in Qatar is very much close to a home game for the UAE as possible.

Just a few things ill bring up about the Scotland v Ukraine game, I reckon there won't be as many cards or bookings.

I actually feel the Scot supporters, players will feel a tinge of sympathy and emotion tonight from their side. Its the World versus them tonight. So i dont think going for the bookings is the way to go.

However I can see goals, corners and an action paced game. Genuinely believe the Ukranians think they can go there and Qualify.

On paper though, the Scot team seems a better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fancy Ukraine to do the job, the emotion is too much I reckon. Dont mind that 16/1 for Ukraine 2+ Goals, 5+ Corners and Scots 20+ Bookings

did your multi with the corners and bookings come thru man?? was it a one legged playoff are they all one legged or only socceroos one?

I had a win on Ukraine on a slightly differnet market but i couldnt find this market at Sportsbet. This 16/1 shot came through. A similar version at $8.50 came through to me which involved 'Shots on Target'

Yes they are 1 legged.

Watch this space for Wales v Ukraine on Sunday.

Teams :

Hungary XI: Gulacsi; At. Szalai, Orban, Lang; Nego, A. Nagy, Schafer, S. Nagy; Sallai, Szoboszlai; Ad. Szalai.

England XI: Pickford; Alexandre-Arnold, Coady, Maguire, Justin, Walker; Rice, Bellingham; Bowen, Mount; Kane.

Its the big World Cup qualifier in Europe today

To book a spot in the World Cup. 29 teams have qualified already, with the 30th spot up for grab in 4 hours time.

A Bet I like today

Over 2.5 Goals and 1+ Goal in the 1st half @ 2.60

Below are the SkyBet Request A Bet . Do any appeal?

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.46.21 pm.png

Im going to avoid the bookings in this game but the ref , Mateu Lahoz averages 4.25 yellow cards per game in WC Qualifies in Europe.

From 34 games (across all comps this season), he averages 4.14 yellow cards a game.

Just think the sentiment thing with the war, could have a huge feel about it. The Scottish supporters were cheering the Ukranian players midweek.

Danny Makkelie who refereed the game midweek for Ukraine, is a more friendlier ref , averaged 3.75 cards per game prior to the game and dished out 5 cards midweek, so base on those numbers alone, cards could be in the reckoning here. (3.11 cards across all 45 games in all comps)

Going for a bit more of a safer lower odd play here. This covered in the last game for Ukraine, and they didnt come to Hampden (this week) to park the bus or play a negative way.

So im happy to take this bet at these odds:

Each team to Have 1+Corners IN each Half & Each Team to have 1+ Shots on Target in Each Half @ $2.50 (Wales v Ukraine)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back