Autopsy GWS beat North - game over at half time

Remove this Banner Ad

I said look at the Stats.

It really isn't difficult.

Our stats are worse that of Neeld (IF YOU REMOVE THE JOKE WCE GAME WE WON)
I did look at the stats, and I gave you stats (assuming you place value on losing margins) suggesting that we aren't in as dire a situation as Melbourne were under Neeld. We get your point, but it's a point that can be made without sounding deranged

I know it’s irrelevant and will be forgotten tomorrow but it still needs to be noted the dickheads seated next to the GWS cheer squad made a mockery out of our club today.
duck the Giants they are a shambles themselves, but for us to have the piss taken out of us like that - that s**t would never have stood in the 90s
Let them be bad sports. As the saying goes, "What goes around comes around"

It will make it all the more sweeter when we eventually get back on our feet and start kicking their A's again. ;)

Is there any danger we can come up with something more imaginative than “duck” in these threads? It’s like we’re all 14 year olds.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
try typing the F word and hitting post, see how bigfooty manages it

Actually no which suggests you aren't that intelligent.

I have supported Noble.

Yes I no longer.

Remember to have a clue about what you are posting in future.
Are you ******* serious?
Literally every post of yours is about the sacking of Noble.
You may have supported him, but we get the message that you no longer do.
No point responding as you'll be on ignore with the other 1 or 2 'special' posters.

I did look at the stats, and I gave you stats (assuming you place value on losing margins) suggesting that we aren't in as dire a situation as Melbourne were under Neeld. We get your point, but it's a point that can be made without sounding deranged

It's witching hour unfortunately. There's about a dozen of them buzzing around like mosquitos seemingly feeling satisfied and revelling in the team's plight. When the sun rises and sanity is at its strongest they do tend to disappear.

This is beyond dumb. Basically you are saying that for a rebuilding side there is no threshold of acceptability and that any coach would have us on one win with a percentage of 50? And that everyone is imagining the abysmal structure, tactics and team selection and this has nothing to do with anything. And should just be ignored because… rebuilding.

Why do I even bother reading some of this stupidity. I would’ve already finished my s**t if I wasn’t.
Indeed, we've been hearing this "rebuilding" crap for three years. We've waited so far for just the slab to be poured. Are we to wait another three seasons for it to set before any actual building can begin? ;)

Can someone tell me what the 50 metres was for (right before Hayden gave away the free kick)?
I though it was because Steve put his arms up but it looked like it was paid before he did it? Was something said about the non paid mark to JZ?

Very good turnout, plenty of families with young kids which is good to see. No over the top dummy spits or tantrums where I was sitting, just a bit of general frustration. Most of us know the score and what we’re in for. Hopefully it turns in a few years. We have 5-6 players that are simply not AFL standard, banged up senior players that offer little nowdays and a bunch of u22’s with talent but with attitude issues that need to grow and toughen up.

This is beyond dumb. Basically you are saying that for a rebuilding side there is no threshold of acceptability and that any coach would have us on one win with a percentage of 50? And that everyone is imagining the abysmal structure, tactics and team selection and this has nothing to do with anything. And should just be ignored because… rebuilding.

Why do I even bother reading some of this stupidity. I would’ve already finished my s**t if I wasn’t.
Well, look on the bright side....are you still looking?

Last edited:
Turner as a tagger didn’t work for a couple of reasons. He went -19 touches vs Kelly but also it mean Lmac played a lockdown role on greene which Turner prob would have done. Lmac had prob his worst game of the year and Provided no rebound.

Can’t even get angry at how poor that was.
We are abysmal.

Himmelberg had 37 possessions ffs. Himmelberg.

That’s enough to get a coach sacked. Enoughs enough.
You want to blame the players ask why the f*** the players are dishing up s**t like that
I said at quarter time in the game day thread that Noble had to address Himmelberg as leaving him as a plus 1 across half back. He ended up getting 26 more possessions and 9 marks for the remain three quarters. Damming I thought.

He turned Himmelburgh into Rance.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while we're at it, none of our 21 and under future champions are anywhere near the level of Tom Green.

An interesting stat from this round highlights a disturbing figure for the AFL. Consider Richmond with 100,000 members had 21,000 members (21% of its membership) turn up to this round's game, admittedly a Thursday night game. But despite North Melbourne's woes, of our 47,000 members; 9,780 members (21% of our membership) attended yesterday's Sunday graveyard game.

This round's low attendances might in some part be attributed to the long weekend, and in 2022 across the board with all clubs, falling attendances might be attributed to the ongoing COVID spread risk across the community. However, the unackowledged elephant in the room for 2022 are the effects of the rising price of everything. People's money only goes so far. With fuel prices soaring, are people likely to drive the car to the footy, particularly supporters from the country? Then there's the rising household energy bills, rents and the kicker last week came with a big spike with mortgage rates with another half a percent rise tipped for next month.

Let's face it, a day at the footy for a family of four is not cheap. There are travel expenses; parking (if you drive); admission (for general entry); and expensive food. Certainly it's possible to easily spend around $280 for a family of four non-members to travel from Geelong, Ballarat or Seymour to a game of footy in Melbourne. Money which to put it quite bluntly has been taken away by the cost of living increases across the board this year.

The AFL has to acknowledge that most households are spending around $250 per week more on cost of living expenses than they were at this time last year, but no average household has experienced a $250 per week increase in its income. So the AFL simply has to suck up the low crowd numbers, and everybody else should consider that North's attendances this year are not just attributable to the team's on field performance alone.

Last edited:
An interesting stat from this round highlights a disturbing figure for the AFL. Consider Richmond with 100,000 members had 21,000 (21% of its membership) turn up to this round's game, admittedly a Thursday night game. But despite North Melbourne's woes, of our 47,000 members; 9,780 (21% of our membership) attended yesterday's Sunday graveyard game.

This round's low attendances might in some part be attributed to the long weekend, and in 2022 across the board with all clubs, falling attendances might be attributed to the ongoing COVID spread risk across the community. However, the unackowledged elephant in the room for 2022 are the effects of the rising price of everything. People's money only goes so far. With fuel prices soaring, are people likely to drive the car to the footy, particularly supporters from the country? Then there's the rising household energy bills, rents and the kicker last week came with a big spike with mortgage rates with another half a percent rise tipped for next month.

Let's face it, a day at the footy for a family of four is not cheap. There are travel expenses; parking (if you drive); admission (for general entry); and expensive food. Certainly it's possible to easily spend around $280 for a family of four non-members to travel from Geelong, Ballarat or Seymour to a game of footy in Melbourne. Money which to put it quite bluntly has been taken away by the cost of living increases across the board this year.

The AFL has to acknowledge that most households are spending around $250 per week more on cost of living expenses than they were at this time last year, but no average household has experienced a $250 per week increase in its income.
Perhaps some kind of government scheme to allow people to dip into their super to attend football games might be the answer.

Perhaps some kind of government scheme to allow people to dip into their super to attend football games might be the answer.
Well I suppose that'd be the Liberal Party's preferred solution, but the ALP would likely want to give everybody a one-off cash payment of $250, while the Greens would insist that everybody can only ride a bike to the footy and ban all forms of non-renewable energy sourced lighting at the stadiums :thumbsu:;)

Last edited:
Yes, we are a rebuilding side. It means we're not competitive. It doesn't matter what structures we put in place, we can't play to them better than the opposition. I can't think of anything more stupid than raging at the coaching staff.
I can. I am generally supportive and patient but there is no reason based on list, rebuild status or anything other than coaching and mindset (also linked to coaching) that North is entirely uncompetitive week after week after week. The difference from last year to this year cannot be all Cunnington’s absence, any more than the frightening difference between North and Collingwood/Hawthorn can be all down to the relative lack of strong leadership on the field.

Very good turnout, plenty of families with young kids which is good to see. No over the top dummy spits or tantrums where I was sitting, just a bit of general frustration. Most of us know the score and what we’re in for. Hopefully it turns in a few years. We have 5-6 players that are simply not AFL standard, banged up senior players that offer little nowdays and a bunch of u22’s with talent but with attitude issues that need to grow and toughen up.

It was a good atmosphere on level 2, there was a buzz in the premiership rooms before the game.

We just need the results to turn now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

An interesting stat from this round highlights a disturbing figure for the AFL. Consider Richmond with 100,000 members had 21,000 (21% of its membership) turn up to this round's game, admittedly a Thursday night game. But despite North Melbourne's woes, of our 47,000 members; 9,780 (21% of our membership) attended yesterday's Sunday graveyard game.

The AFL has to acknowledge that most households are spending around $250 per week more on cost of living expenses than they were at this time last year, but no average household has experienced a $250 per week increase in its income. So the AFL simply has to suck up the low crowd numbers, and everybody else should consider that North's attendances this year are not just attributable to the team's on field performance alone.
Also, the AFL and umpires are officiating the game so it barely resembles the game we used to love.

I stopped watching other games a couple of years ago. If it wasn't for my love for North, AFL would be dead to me.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

It was a good atmosphere on level 2, there was a buzz in the premiership rooms before the game.

We just need the results to turn now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never chatted to the people around me so much on level 2 as yesterday. Didn't hear one word of abuse at players, just frustration and acceptance. Think what encompassed the day was the loud cheer when the crowd size went up. Just proved to me how stalwart most of us are 🙂

I really think the title of this thread sums up exactly where we are atm.
I would love for us to still be in the games at 3/4 time. Within 3 goals? If we can be within 3 goals of the opposition at 3/4 time in our next game I will be rapt.

It's witching hour unfortunately. There's about a dozen of them buzzing around like flies to s**t feeling satisfied and revelling in the team's plight. When the sun rises and sanity is at its strongest they do tend to disappear.

Edited for accuracy.

As someone who commented we looked better after quarter time and since read some frustrated views on this, I have to add that I didn’t mean it was much good still. It was just an observation, based on a couple of changes I could see. North made twice as many tackles in the first half of the second quarter as in the whole first quarter. GWS had to pass the ball around more before waltzing through to score goals so North seemed to have set up a bit better. It wasn’t good, by any stretch, just objectively better than the first quarter, which was thoroughly abysmal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back