Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

So vaders now lost again to obi wan. He loses a lot doesnt he. Maybe he just aint all the good.

Vader can/does defeat 99 out of 100 opponents he faces, Obi-Wan is his blind spot. It’s been well established his obsession/anger to prove himself to Obi-Wan. It’s beyond personal.

I don’t think this fight detracts from his overall aura or anything. Look at the way he ragdolls almost everyone else, from Reva to the hallway scene in Rogue One etc. With Obi-Wan, there’s too much history there for him to deal with it seems.

TBF, my main grip with that ep was Reva ended u pas Lukes protector just by not stabbing him with laser sword all because PTSD and no other reason.

Legit, main gripe was this is Reva story and since we've no context with inquisitors as they are plot device characters and we need to give a damn about Obi & Leia for any of that trip to matter, that story focus was weak and misguided so everything was disconnected and largely lessened. So here's critique on nitpicks because everyone knows Obi lives, everyone knows Leia lives, everyone knows Vader lives, there's no threat, there's nothing it's all convoluted nonsense that needs to work.

So yep, enjoyable season on the whole, bits worked, others didn't, Fallen Order inquisitors >>>> Obi's versions, Trilla best turncoat flog story and I prefer Chub security to Obiwatch for all my protection needs.
The one person who we don't know lives or dies - Reva - lived as well haha.

I agree, satisfying finale with a lot to like, but the occasional head scratcher. The fight scene between Obi-Wan and Vader was pretty great, the symmetry between the fight and the sparring from the flashback was nice, as was Vader getting ‘the higher ground’.

But I don’t honk this needs, or would benefit from, a second season.

Yes I’m not sure about a season 2, which I thought would be on the cards mid series with how short some of the episodes were and how much there was potentially to go.

It did seem to wrap up and culminate however in the last episode. I do feel there could’ve been longer episodes or perhaps even an 8 episode season, but it is what it is. BOBF had 7 from memory.

The fight scene was excellent though. Nice to see some different things in there, Obi-Wan pelting him with boulders, smashing his chest piece etc was great. Nice little nod to ROTJ as well with the wheezing type breathing from Vader as he struggled under the damage.

And Obi Wan going from a hermit who wasn't training, and wasn't using the Force, to being a powerhouse who flogged peak Vader, for no legitimate reason, was crap. Disney have this terrible habit of people going from useless to awesome, or awesome to useless, without any real effort, explanation or investment.

He should've got his arse kicked one at the start by Vader, we should've had a big time jump where he was hiding out, training his arse off and communicating with Qui G, before a final confrontation with Vader where he just manages to defeat him.

And Obi Wan going from a hermit who wasn't training, and wasn't using the Force, to being a powerhouse who flogged peak Vader, for no legitimate reason, was crap. Disney have this terrible habit of people going from useless to awesome, or awesome to useless, without any real effort, explanation or investment.
Leia and the others gave him back his hope and a reason to fight on.

It's similar to why he couldn't commune with Qui-Gon he had closed himself off internally.

Leia and the others gave him back his hope and a reason to fight on.

It's similar to why he couldn't commune with Qui-Gon he had closed himself off internally.

So the agreed plan at the end of RoTS, he changed his mind, and decided not to?

Then Leia reminded him he should do it?

And then he's back to the peak of his powers, despite not training in any way, shape for form, for a decade?

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, there were some great scenes in this, but overall, it's just a mess. ******* Disney just keep making the same stupid mistakes, and are wasting the potential of Star Wars.

Thats exactly what i replied, no response b/c stumped and we're right

No response because I can't be stuffed going in circles with you.

He says "Goodbye Darth" as a taunt, just as he does in ANH. He's mocking Vader.

He should've got his arse kicked one at the start by Vader, we should've had a big time jump where he was hiding out, training his arse off and communicating with Qui G, before a final confrontation with Vader where he just manages to defeat him.

"Why is Obi-Wan so weak! He sucks"

"Why is Obi-Wan so strong! This sucks!"

Far out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, delivering a witty goodbye taunt is a much better victory than stopping a galactic mass murderer.

Honestly I dunno why you bothered watching this, what a miserable life you lead.

Honestly I dunno why you bothered watching this, what a miserable life you lead.

:D

My life is actually pretty awesome, but thanks for the personal commentary ;)

I watch it for the same reason I watch the Crows get their arses kicked every week - because, no matter how much I loathe it/them at times, I still love it/them.

Is that the depth of analysis you're capable of?

Yeah, delivering a witty goodbye taunt is a much better victory than stopping a galactic mass murderer.

Dude, you want Vader dead here. That would remove the original trilogy from canon.

Think about what you are saying.

Dude, you want Vader dead here. That would remove the original trilogy from canon.

Think about what you are saying.

No, I want solid and consistent storytelling.

RoTS - Obi leaves Anakin for dead; because he assumes with that level of injury, he cannot survive, and has the threat of Palpatine's troops approaching.

Now - Obi Wan, after a decade of Vader's atrocities, defeats him (makes a smart arse remark) and then just leaves, leaving him alive, for no reason...

No, I want solid and consistent storytelling.

RoTS - Obi leaves Anakin for dead; because he assumes with that level of injury, he cannot survive, and has the threat of Palpatine's troops approaching.

Now - Obi Wan, after a decade of Vader's atrocities, defeats him (makes a smart arse remark) and then just leaves, leaving him alive, for no reason...

Anakin/Vader is alive because he brings balance to the force.

It's basically the entire theme of the first two trilogies. Your view is very narrow minded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back