News Walters and Frederick of Fremantle racially vilified on social media (stay on topic pls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond

Seriously, if Lamumba sneezes it becomes a multi thread shitshow ragging on him and other black players, yet something actually abhorrent happens and its crickets? Or are you all just scared of alienating the 50% of this site that legitimately agrees with the comments, or the other 25% who dont but think its ok to say things like that because "free speech".

To all the snowflakes who sook about 'keeping politics out of footy', this is exactly why its needed.

=================================
EDIT.

The post:

FXa565UVUAAhUyG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

• Banned
Giving attention to "online trolls" everytime they make a post is just gonna create 100 more and give them the attention they want. If it was another player racially abusing them it would be front page news. When its a moron on Facebook why give them the spotlight
ignoring or sweeping something under the carpet doesnt solve anything, in fact it helps it fester and grow. or else racism would have died out centuries ago.

the more people come on here and talk about how that s**t is not acceptable, the less comfortable they'll feel about doing it.

need to bring in you need a licence to be on social media that would stop the campaigners
need to hold the platforms (including places like this) legally liable to make them take responsibility for what their platform allows and remove those people from it. we could do it with covid misinformation, why not something as significant as this?

Unless there is actually a personal consequence to their actions, talking about how outrageous and nasty they are only serves to inflate the impact of their actions and give them the attention they crave.

If the shitheads can be identified, publicly named and charged with an offence, then something may change and I’m sure that would actually have an impact on whether people choose to behave that way….because let’s face it, hiding behind a burner account and abusing someone on social mediais about as cowardly as it gets, so actually having the risk of being exposed and punished will likely discourage the majority.

Over to you Zuckerberg’s Minions.

Unless there is actually a personal consequence to their actions, talking about how outrageous and nasty they are only serves to inflate the impact of their actions and give them the attention they crave.

If the shitheads can be identified, publicly named and charged with an offence, then something may change and I’m sure that would actually have an impact on whether people choose to behave that way….because let’s face it, hiding behind a burner account and abusing someone on social mediais about as cowardly as it gets, so actually having the risk of being exposed and punished will likely discourage the majority.

Yeah send them to jail where they’ll sit in a cell learning to hate the world. That’ll fix it…

ignoring or sweeping something under the carpet doesnt solve anything, in fact it helps it fester and grow. or else racism would have died out centuries ago.

the more people come on here and talk about how that s**t is not acceptable, the less comfortable they'll feel about doing it.

It's an anonymous comment behind a computer screen designed to get a reaction.

They feel comfortable doing it because it works and they never get in trouble for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always look forward to the AFL and every club coming out with their say no to racism message like we're all just sitting at home weighing up whether this racist campaigner on insta or twitter has a point or not

You will always have a couple of * wits in society no matter what but when the overwhelming majority is against them like this im not sure what more you want outside of legally being able to do anything

need to hold the platforms (including places like this) legally liable to make them take responsibility for what their platform allows and remove those people from it. we could do it with covid misinformation, why not something as significant as this?

Do we know if what was said was actually illegal ?

Should all mean words be illegal or just some?

As someone else said, online trolls exist for notoriety. If they get ignored they crawl back under their rock.

There is general silence as bigfooty is a haven for racist trolls. (They even changed the name of the thread from that).

There should be a white hood badge and anyone defending or acting as a racist apologist should get one. It would make navigating interactions on social threads easier to filter.

How could you possibly do that?

Oh there’s personal consequences for sure, this knobhead’s name and picture have been doing the rounds on social media. He’s already deleted all his accounts.
I’d be very surprised if this hasn’t found a way to his employer, gf or other personal connections. So now everyone knows the racist piece of s**t he really is.

Which is exactly why drawing a light to it and naming and shaming these scumbags is important. No getting away with it anymore in the social media age.

Oh there’s personal consequences for sure, this knobhead’s name and picture have been doing the rounds on social media. He’s already deleted all his accounts.
I’d be very surprised if this hasn’t found a way to his employer, gf or other personal connections. So now everyone knows the racist piece of s**t he really is.

Which is exactly why drawing a light to it and naming and shaming these scumbags is important. No getting away with it anymore in the social media age.
That’s good to hear. If the person is stupid enough to be using their actual accounts with their personal details attached then I’m all for the name and shame them. The stuff that guy said was genuinely sickening to read, hope the consequences for his actions catch up to him.

I’m honestly surprised by the amount of times I hear about players receiving messages. I would have thought they would all have their inboxes private to who they follow only to try and limit the amount of hate they get. I mean honestly what’s the benefit of allowing random people able to message you? Best case is Aunt Linda messages you saying you had a good game on the weekend and worse case is what we are seeing here.

I'd looked for it yesterday and assumed any threads had been killed for legal type reasons.

More abhorrent s**t we need to stomp when we see it. You'd hope it's getting fewer and further between.

Are you all just scared of alienating the 50% of this site that legitimately agrees with the comments, or the other 25% who dont but think its ok because of “free speech”?
So, you reckon three quarters of this site are either racist or ok with racism?

Bullshit.

It's an anonymous comment behind a computer screen designed to get a reaction.

They feel comfortable doing it because it works and they never get in trouble for it.

In this case, the guy wasn't anonymous. His name is Dean Kritikos - he was comfortable just tearing Frederick to shreds from his real account....

FXa565UVUAAhUyG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They should start accessing the touchpad pressure data of everybody's mobile devices, back-extract the text, and download to a database.

Then we can search for the offending social media posts, and act.

..smart use of predictive text may open windows for plausible deniability however..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back