News Walters and Frederick of Fremantle racially vilified on social media (stay on topic pls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones about Todd Goldstein on Saturday were ******* shithouse too.

As an aside, it's far easier to write a story about a negative event. They tend to be abrupt, violent in some sense or perception and shocking.

You don't need to set a scene or explain narratives colliding, there's no need for nuance. There's just someone hurt and someone who did it and look at what went on in the world behind the digital curtain you aren't seeing the other side of.

When stories like this don't gain such traction and momentum it would be showing a world where it's so normal so as to not be shocking. That isn't the case here.

I'm expecting a display of unity and brotherhood this weekend.

This is actually quite a disgusting comment, and you need to be called out for it. It's a false left-wing talking point

What are you implying? That conservatives are racist?

I can assure you this is not the case, and in fact, there is only one side of politics that is obsessed with race politics and skin color and it isn't the political right I can assure you.

In fact, if a black conservative shows their views (like Jacinta Price) they are routinely racially vilified as an "Uncle Tom" or a ""coconut".

The racism of the so-called "anti-racists" is vile, disgusting and hypocritical.

tbf I assumed he meant it in the sense of a conservative estimate, not 'conservative' politically.

This is actually quite a disgusting comment, and you need to be called out for it. It's a false left-wing talking point

What are you implying? That conservatives are racist?

I can assure you this is not the case, and in fact, there is only one side of politics that is obsessed with race politics and skin color and it isn't the political right I can assure you.

In fact, if a black conservative shows their views (like Jacinta Price) they are routinely racially vilified as an "Uncle Tom" or a ""coconut".

The racism of the so-called "anti-racists" is vile, disgusting and hypocritical.
The issue is that the 'right' of politics sides with genuine racists because it suits them from a power perspective.

Same with sexists, and pretty much any other a-hole that will vote for them.

So really, if you support the 'right' of politics, whether you like it or not - you're in the same corner as some really s**t people with some really s**t beliefs.

The issue is that the 'right' of politics sides with genuine racists because it suits them from a power perspective.

The issue is that left of politics sides with genuine racists (like the extreme BLM types) because it suites them from a power perspective:

Joe Biden: "If you don't vote Democrat, then you ain't black"

The left is obsessed with race politics.

The issue is that left of politics sides with genuine racists (like the extreme BLM types) because it suites them from a power perspective:

Joe Biden: "If you don't vote Democrat, then you ain't black"

The left is obsessed with race politics.

I chuckle to myself when Australian's refer to the Democrats as 'left'.

What do you think of the left siding with hard-core man-hating left wing feminists? Does that count? Or is it acceptable when it's sexism against men?

Just calling out the hypocrisy.

Well that's what you've got to weigh up when you vote, and/or 'pick a side'.

I don't pick a side. For the reasons mentioned. I find people that choose a team in regards to politics to be the most stupid people you can possibly come across.

It's utterly moronic.

If you pick a side, you're taking it all on by default. I find that unfathomably idiotic and devoid of logic and critical thought.

This is why I don't pick a side. I don't agree with everything 'the left' of politics does, and I don't agree with everything 'the right' of politics does.

But I do agree with some things from both sides.

But as I said, if you vote 'right', you're in the same corner as legit Klansmen, people who think women shouldn't be allowed to work, vote or have abortions, people that think God will sort out the climate, and people that think that not only should gay people not be allowed to get married - but they should go to hell. Oh, and people that believe in hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But as I said, if you vote 'right', you're in the same corner as legit Klansmen, people who think women shouldn't be allowed to work, vote or have abortions, people that think God will sort out the climate, and people that think that not only should gay people not be allowed to get married - but they should go to hell. Oh, and people that believe in hell.

Your view of the "right" is blatantly wrong. You are just parroting left-wing talking points and miss-representing people who vote right-wing which is about 50% of the population. Same corner as Klansman really? I could go on about how Democrat supporters started the Klan but whatever we don't want to get sidetracked.

That's genuinely hard to read. Social media is cooked. Can they locate the guy?

Should have to verify your ID before signing up.
Charging a fee too would improve content imo. Like streaming services. Eg $10 a month for Facebook/Insgaram combo.

Just shut Twitter down all together.
It was actually on Instagram but if authorities want to find him they can pretty easily.

He is just a pig of human to be saying those things and WTF is wrong with people? Astounding this is still going on in 2022 but one should never under estimate the stupidity of others.

His parents must be so proud of him. 🤨

This is an issue over which to come together on, not to use as a political weapon against an opposition who also generally only care about issues when it's politically useful.
So... why are you making a statement in political terms?

Your view of the "right" is blatantly wrong. You are just parroting left-wing talking points and miss-representing people who vote right-wing which is about 50% of the population. Same corner as Klansman really? I could go on about how Democrat supporters started the Klan but whatever we don't want to get sidetracked.

See, this is what happens when you pick a side.

So... why are you making a statement in political terms?

So I'm speaking the language they were speaking and so we can end that discussion.

The story here is that almost every single person thinks that the language directed at Walters and Frederick is shocking and foul.

This is a coming together moment, that we are shocked by the language shows how far we have come. That it exists still shows there's more to go.

ignoring or sweeping something under the carpet doesnt solve anything, in fact it helps it fester and grow. or else racism would have died out centuries ago.

the more people come on here and talk about how that s**t is not acceptable, the less comfortable they'll feel about doing it.
And you think someone who dm's that type of hate to another human being gives a s**t that we talk about it or not approve of his thoughts.
Some people hate themselves so much that they can't fathom it so they lash out. I feel sorry for that person, he must have such a bad life but maybe it's karmic justice for being a racist piece of s**t.

Well that's what you've got to weigh up when you vote, and/or 'pick a side'.

I don't pick a side. For the reasons mentioned. I find people that choose a team in regards to politics to be the most stupid people you can possibly come across.

It's utterly moronic.

If you pick a side, you're taking it all on by default. I find that unfathomably idiotic and devoid of logic and critical thought.

This is why I don't pick a side. I don't agree with everything 'the left' of politics does, and I don't agree with everything 'the right' of politics does.

But I do agree with some things from both sides.

What a load of complete and utter crap. I voted yes for gay rights and I’m the least racist person here having lived up in Darwin growing up. Unlike the rest of you I would’ve got my head kicked in if I was a racist and rightfully so. Who you vote for doesn’t make you a racist wtf

See, this is what happens when you pick a side.

I don't pick a side. I have my own set of values, and if a political party abandons those values I won't vote for them. It might surprise you that I did NOT vote for the Coalition at the last election (I voted for minor parties) because I think the former government pandered to the left too much.

You made an assumption about me that wasn't true, and you should apologize.

Didn't hear about this. What happened?

He might be referring to the MB North game day thread which had a few hateful comments posted.

That's not true.

There's a bunch of people out there that either like, condone it, and/or turn a blind eye to it.

What I said is true. Almost everyone is shocked by this language because it's not normalised in their world. That's a huge win.

That it still exists means there's more work to do but let's appreciate that this particular fire fight is in the mopping up spotfire phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back