Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi DropBearess, I know Derek Percy has been mentioned as a suspect but then dismissed because of his age in 1966 - 17-18 , but apparently he was in the area staying with a friend who shared his love of sailing and was there for some sailing regatta which was being held in that area - I don't know the details of the sailing races or what they was called. After reading Deb Marshall's in depth book about Percy called 'Lambs to the Slaughter' that mongrel was one of the most depraved, cruel, and outright sadistic bastard that ever walked. He also had many drawings of the kids which were found along with boxes of drawings he did while jailed which showed depraved torture of his victims and apparently was his way of reliving his deeds. He was not responsible for the Oval girls disappearance though as he was jailed in 1969 where he remained till dying of cancer.

Good post! It has been my belief for a very long time that if it could ever be PROVEN without a doubt that Derek Percy was staying at Glenelg at the time, he was the culprit. Because it never has been proven, l've looked at other options.

Good post! It has been my belief for a very long time that if it could ever be PROVEN without a doubt that Derek Percy was staying at Glenelg at the time, he was the culprit. Because it never has been proven, l've looked at other options.
..."When questioned by police Derek Percy wouldn't admit to having anything to do with their abduction, but he did admit to being on Glenelg Beach that Australia Day in 1966...." Australia's worst child serial killer?

The reports talk of a Man in his Mid to late thirties playing with the children..Percy was a boy in 1966.

The reports talk of a Man in his Mid to late thirties playing with the children..Percy was a boy in 1966.
He was 18 years old and had already proven himself to be a sadistic deviant - from the age of 14 when he wore women's underwear after cutting the crutch out.He is also a highly probable suspect in the Wanda beach murders and....if you had read my post correctly, you would have noticed I mentioned he was at Glenelg Beach staying with a acquaintance who was competing in aa sailing regatta. No idea the age of that person...and why am I having to explain and justify my own post! :rolleyes:

He was 18 years old and had already proven himself to be a sadistic deviant - from the age of 14 when he wore women's underwear after cutting the crutch out.He is also a highly probable suspect in the Wanda beach murders and....if you had read my post correctly, you would have noticed I mentioned he was at Glenelg Beach staying with a acquaintance who was competing in aa sailing regatta. No idea the age of that person...and why am I having to explain and justify my own post! :rolleyes:
Same as Munro he lived at Todd st Glenelg and is named as a Suspect...so back to a hole in the bucket aren't we.

Lambs To The Slaughter by Debi Marshall the first few chapters regarding deviant Derek Percy access by clicking 'look inside'.

I have the book on my shelves, it's one of Debi Marshall's gutsier efforts in that she didn't seem to flinch in detailing some of Percy's deviances. Not much shocks me but that did.

Percy absolutely could have been involved if he was at Glenelg.

Same as Munro he lived at Todd st Glenelg and is named as a Suspect...so back to a hole in the bucket aren't we.

We had Munro as a person of interest with the police making statements to confirm he's been investigated with nothing to indicate he was involved in the Beaumont children's disappearance. He also came back to Australia knowing allegations were being made with regards the Beaumont children when he could have gone anywhere in the world and avoided the probe. He's not displaying the actions of a man who's guilty of murdering three children.

Munro doesn't have history of victimising or targeting females or acts of extreme violence against children either. Not all paedophiles are murderers.

We had Munro as a person of interest with the police making statements to confirm he's been investigated with nothing to indicate he was involved in the Beaumont children's disappearance. He also came back to Australia knowing allegations were being made with regards the Beaumont children when he could have gone anywhere in the world and avoided the probe. He's not displaying the actions of a man who's guilty of murdering three children.

Munro doesn't have history of victimising or targeting females or acts of extreme violence against children either. Not all paedophiles are murderers.
So raping a minor is not classed as extreme?
I am not saying he murdered the children, maybe he was involved in the kidnapping and abuse possibly 🤔

So raping a minor is not classed as extreme?

Munro chose male victims far older than the youngest Beaumont and groomed them earning trust over time, he was in a perfect position to do that as Scout Master. He didn't need to risk abducting three off-type children from a stable home where the cops would never stop looking for them.

I'm not defending Munro, he's just not a fit for it in my view.

Derek Percy was an exceptionally dangerous deviant and was a real "one-off" in terms of the psychology of murderers. The are very few cases in the world which compare with the atrocities he inflicted upon Yvonne Tuohy. His plans and writings are horrendous beyond belief.

He should never be discounted because of his age. He was 17.4 years when the Beaumont children disappeared. He was 16.4 when the Wanda Beach murders happened and fitted a witness description perfectly. He was 20 when deemed responsible for Linda Stilwell's death. He was almost 21 when convicted of Yvonne Tuohy's murder. He was 18 and 18.7 when strongly suspected of killing two other little boys.

In the Tuohy case he confidently attempted to abduct two children. The boy brandished a machete and escaped. There were two victims at Wanda Beach. He seemed to have no qualms about numbers or gender. While only convicted of one murder (1969), all experts agreed that it wasn't his first murder. He also appeared to have an MO around beaches and water.

Derek Percy was an exceptionally dangerous deviant and was a real "one-off" in terms of the psychology of murderers. The are very few cases in the world which compare with the atrocities he inflicted upon Yvonne Tuohy. His plans and writings are horrendous beyond belief.

He should never be discounted because of his age. He was 17.4 years when the Beaumont children disappeared. He was 16.4 when the Wanda Beach murders happened and fitted a witness description perfectly. He was 20 when deemed responsible for Linda Stilwell's death. He was almost 21 when convicted of Yvonne Tuohy's murder. He was 18 and 18.7 when strongly suspected of killing two other little boys.

In the Tuohy case he confidently attempted to abduct two children. The boy brandished a machete and escaped. There were two victims at Wanda Beach. He seemed to have no qualms about numbers or gender. While only convicted of one murder (1969), all experts agreed that it wasn't his first murder. He also appeared to have an MO around beaches and water.
Well that brings Smith's witness account back into play as he mentioned a man around 20 years old around 5.8 ft tall with blonde hair...how tall was Percy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The eye witnesses did not give their evidence for a couple of days, from what I can recall - and the Police artist was drunk. It was a very hot day, and the POI was wearing a hat and may not have been easily seen. People quite often use their own experiences and a lifetime of forming views when they give evidence - quite subconsciously. If people see kids playing with an older man - or one who may appear older, they tend to place that person in a role - brother, friend, parent. I get the feeling that the eyes of the mind played a part there, and their subconscious identified the man as being the age of a father. Just my theory.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Munro has always been my go to. He hung around the pier doing that salvage hobby he had going - and he was attractive and personable. It was almost the end of the school holidays, so he would have had plenty of time to cultivate the trust of the three children - particularly Jane. He may have been boyish enough for little Arnna to label him as Jane’s ‘boyfriend’. Unlike Phipps or a couple of other suspects, he would have known the different areas of the beach - and had even gained enough trust to ask the kids to wait for him outside the change rooms. That may not even have been the first time, but ot might have been a bit of a pattern. Meet him by the pier, have a swim, head up to the grass area for a game, then he gets changed (kids would have usually waited until they got home), and then maybe off to the shop for a snack before catching the bus home.
Except that this may have well been the last opportunity for a crook to make his move. Australia Day was celebrated on the weekend, and then school went back.
Who knows? But I really want to know,

The eye witnesses did not give their evidence for a couple of days, from what I can recall - and the Police artist was drunk. It was a very hot day, and the POI was wearing a hat and may not have been easily seen. People quite often use their own experiences and a lifetime of forming views when they give evidence - quite subconsciously. If people see kids playing with an older man - or one who may appear older, they tend to place that person in a role - brother, friend, parent. I get the feeling that the eyes of the mind played a part there, and their subconscious identified the man as being the age of a father. Just my theory.

I can appreciate that but I have not read anywhere about the perpetrator wearing a hat?
The Adelaide oval abduction yes I believe the Man seen was wearing a hat. I am happy to be corrected

Another victim of Percy's was Shane Spiller - he ended up living a life of mental torture. :(Shane SPILLER

also...
The depraved writings by the Derek Percy fill 35 tea chests with terrible fantasies about the rape, torture and murder of children.

Somehow, while incarcerated for the mutilation and murder of a child, Derek Percy managed to secretly amass the files, clippings, and his perverted handwritten diaries in a Melbourne self-storage unit he rented from prison.

For 20 years, the material lay undiscovered until Victoria Police detectives were led to the vile cache and found it their unenviable job to sift through the documents and objects.
To their horror, but unsurprisingly, some of the "torture fantasies" would prove real.

They were the shocking desires of one of the nation's worst sexual sadist going back decades.
But detectives believed he could have been responsible for the child abductions and murders of eight other children - some of them the most notorious unsolved cases in Australian history.

Horrified, but intrigued, detectives began to match Percy's travels with his parents, on seaside caravan holidays and to the sailing regattas, with these unsolved crimes.

The result was a child murder map.

Old police identikit images of a man with a long lean face linked to a number of the crimes, were also strikingly similar to Percy.
Slowly, Victoria Police Senior Sergeant Detective Wayne Newman began to match the writings with some of Australia's unsolved child murders.

I have the book on my shelves, it's one of Debi Marshall's gutsier efforts in that she didn't seem to flinch in detailing some of Percy's deviances. Not much shocks me but that did.

Percy absolutely could have been involved if he was at Glenelg.
I have spoken with Debi a few times and I told her Lambs to the Slaughter was one of the most horrific and gut wrenching books I've ever read but also one which will stay in my mind forever. Deb almost backed out of writing the book after going through the graphic details and seeing his countless boxes containing drawings of tortured children, details of murdered children like the Beaumont's and Wanda beach murders, she decided it was something which needed to be told. Percy's mother even stated he was at Glenelg for sailing races.

Munro has always been my go to. He hung around the pier doing that salvage hobby he had going - and he was attractive and personable. It was almost the end of the school holidays, so he would have had plenty of time to cultivate the trust of the three children - particularly Jane. He may have been boyish enough for little Arnna to label him as Jane’s ‘boyfriend’. Unlike Phipps or a couple of other suspects, he would have known the different areas of the beach - and had even gained enough trust to ask the kids to wait for him outside the change rooms. That may not even have been the first time, but ot might have been a bit of a pattern. Meet him by the pier, have a swim, head up to the grass area for a game, then he gets changed (kids would have usually waited until they got home), and then maybe off to the shop for a snack before catching the bus home.
Except that this may have well been the last opportunity for a crook to make his move. Australia Day was celebrated on the weekend, and then school went back.
Who knows? But I really want to know,

From what I have read from another forum Munro and McIntyre knew each other we know that but this particular person said that McIntyre Phipps and Munro were associated possibly through Freemason circles.

I have spoken with Debi a few times and I told her Lambs to the Slaughter was one of the most horrific and gut wrenching books I've ever read but also one which will stay in my mind forever. Deb almost backed out of writing the book after going through the graphic details and seeing his countless boxes containing drawings of tortured children, details of murdered children like the Beaumont's and Wanda beach murders, she decided it was something which needed to be told. Percy's mother even stated he was at Glenelg for sailing races.

I've taken this from the other thread, Percy in 1969 and the Beaumont identikit. It's quite close.

percy1.png percy.png

Not at all. Munro was questioned as were many males who lived in the area - he was completely cleared and not a suspect at all, and seeing as he did live locally and IF he was involved I highly doubt he would have frolicked with the kids, befriended them, as he would have been recognised straight away by friends and neighbours, shop owners etc who knew him. Besides, he preferred older boys. Munro/ McIntyre involvement is pure hearsay started by certain disgruntled family and first mentioned some 40 odd years after the kids vanished and caused by a rift over their father's will and them not getting their hands on assets. :) End of subject - please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back