Sydney v Adelaide (SCG)
Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (T)
Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast (G) (N)
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne (MRVL) (N)

Sunday, July 24
Carlton v Greater Western Sydney (MRVL)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
West Coast v St Kilda (OS)

In some alternate universe Essendon will be in all red this weekend...
Where the white based home jumper eddie promised Collingwood would make for these games 2 years ago?

In some alternate universe Essendon will be in all red this weekend...
At least red shorts. That would be win win, visually fine, both in home traditional jumpers. But when a contest is black and red v black and white, the team that is black and red shouldn’t wear white! Go all out and have red numbers on an all black back. This would be a great alternate jumper I reckon fans would like?

Friday, July 22
Richmond: Home/Home v Fremantle: Clash/White

Saturday, July 23
North Melbourne: Home/Blue v Hawthorn: Home/Brown
Sydney: Home/Red v Adelaide: Home/Navy
Port Adelaide: Home/Black v Geelong: Home/White
Brisbane Lions: Home/Maroon v Gold Coast: Clash/White
Western Bulldogs: Home/Blue v Melbourne: Home/White

Sunday, July 24
Carlton: Home/Navy v Greater Western Sydney: Clash/White
Collingwood: Home/Black v Essendon: Home/White
West Coast: Home/Blue v St Kilda: Clash/White

Last edited:
Watch hawthorn wear away white shorts.
Melb should be in navy shorts but will wear white.
And essendon should be in red jumper but wont. If they do i will gift a platinum membership to whoever likes my post first
Carn Essendon help a brother out.

But when a contest is black and red v black and white, the team that is black and red shouldn’t wear white!
Unfortunately Collingwood also have blocks of red via the Emirates and KFC logos.

The match up wouldn't be as bad if the AFL directed Collingwood to wear white shorts and Essendon black, but that won't happen.

Unfortunately Collingwood also have blocks of red via the Emirates and KFC logos.

The match up wouldn't be as bad if the AFL directed Collingwood to wear white shorts and Essendon black, but that won't happen.
Yep like Geelong wear white shorts every home game. Dumb league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will wear blue shorts
No issue with that, the Hawks should wear brown shorts as well. I have been watching videos from the late 1980s when the Brisbane Bears wore a yellow jumper (the original BB design) and maroon shorts both home and away and the opposition (Carlton, Geelong etc) wore dark coloured shorts. The contrast between the teams was perfect. Brisbane, Hawthorn and Sydney never wore white shorts in any game in that era.

Swap Blue for Orange, Red for Charcoal and put the G beneath the Vee replacing "Team GWS" and it might be a good home guernsey for GWS

I did this a few years ago for a folio. Was meant to be a jumper for a national reserves league but honestly, the more I think about it, the more I like a design like this for their main kits. Could have an orange version as main clash, with the white as a third strip.

13E81129-1D81-4EF0-AF5C-C105E3D0AFD1.png

North in blue shorts is Bull, what is the major difference between Royal Blue and Navy, one rule for one, another rule for the other.

Complete amateur hour switching between the two games. If no white shorts is good enough for Sydney v Adelaide then why are Hawthorn a team with no white in their jumper in white shorts against a team in a predominantly white jumper.

In Home Games Geelong should be able to wear these combos:

V Adelaide: Both in Navy Shorts (Enough Yellow and red in Crows jumper to work)
V Brisbane: Brisbane get Royal Shorts made, Geelong in Navy (Find Brisbane in White shorts confusing)
V Carlton: Geelong Always in White shorts (both same color)
V Collingwood: Geelong Always in White (Has worked since 20017 Prelim)
V Essendon: Both in Dark Shorts (See 1989 Preliminary Final)
V Fremantle: Geelong Always White (This combo just works)
V Gold Coast: Both in Dark Shorts
V GWS: Both in Dark Shorts (Think orange back on GWS is enough for white shorts not needed)
V Hawthorn: Both in dark Shorts (See 1989 GF)
V Melbourne: Geelong Always in White (See Carlton)
V North Melbourne: Opposite to North (depending on Jumper Selection)
V Port Adelaide: Geelong Always in White (White Number Panel means white a better match)
V Richmond: Both in Dark Shorts
V ST Kilda: Always White Shorts (Enough white in St Kilda Jumper that shorts needed)
V Sydney: Both in dark Shorts
V West Coast: Both in Dark Shorts (Think the More color the better, White shorts can confuse the situation)
V Bulldogs: Both in Dark Shorts (See West Coast)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back