Traded Aaron Francis [Traded with #42 to Swans for #37 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Both SA clubs circling and either probably going to get him very cheaply (pick wise), Essendon need points to secure both of Alwyn Davey's twin sons under F/S.

Still only 25.

Could be a very good low risk/high reward pick.

Shame things didn't seem to work out for him at Essendon, the death of his brother a year or two after he was drafted really effected him I believe.

Hope he has a change of fortune at his new club (the HUN today indicated Essendon will let him go)

Both SA clubs circling and either probably going to get him very cheaply (pick wise), Essendon need points to secure both of Alwyn Davey's twin sons under F/S.

Still only 25.

Shame things didn't seem to work out for him at Essendon, the death of his brother a year or two after he was drafted really effected him I believe.

Hope he has a change of fortune at his new club (the HUN today indicated Essendon will let him go)
Neither SA club were interested last year

I can't see why we wouldn't take him...

The crows tried and failed a few years ago. Would be decent and probably a better option option over Frampton

Still only 25.

Not sure Adelaide needs him, we have Doedee, Worrell, and will be drafting a hot Micalanney, apparently moving up the board - all looking for the same spot.

Port might pick him up, it's the kind of 'free hit' that they can sell as the 'missing piece' they like to do every year.

BTW his brother passed a year before he got drafted, while Francis was at school, so tragic.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would Adelaide give up something they will be able to get for nothing?
Depends if they need all their picks I guess. Plenty of clubs swap picks they wouldn’t have used if they’d kept them, and it gets it done sooner rather than waiting.

Also depends somewhat if there’s interest from both clubs or just one… if both and assuming the contract offer is similar, his manager would probably encourage him to go with the club that values him enough to get it sorted out quickly, rather than dragging out for weeks.

I can't see why we wouldn't take him...

The crows tried and failed a few years ago. Would be decent and probably a better option option over Frampton
The Crows were offered him for a pick in the 40s three years ago and didn't pursue it

Depends if they need all their picks I guess. Plenty of clubs swap picks they wouldn’t have used if they’d kept them, and it gets it done sooner rather than waiting.

Also depends somewhat if there’s interest from both clubs or just one… if both and assuming the contract offer is similar, his manager would probably encourage him to go with the club that values him enough to get it sorted out quickly, rather than dragging out for weeks.
Crows need points.

Maybe we give up a future fourth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Adelaide needs him, we have Doedee, Worrell, and will be drafting a hot Micalanney, apparently moving up the board - all looking for the same spot.

Port might pick him up, it's the kind of 'free hit' that they can sell as the 'missing piece' they like to do every year.

BTW his brother passed a year before he got drafted, while Francis was at school, so tragic.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly, Adelaide have no need for Francis even if he was free.

Our priorities are elsewhere.

Port need another tall rather than mid sized key defender, so not sure they would want more of the same either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back