Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Wtf Campbell was CEO at 34?? That's insanely young...there are unicorns out there but did he really have the experience and knowledge to be CEO at such a young age..
at the time yes.
i think most of us thought it would be a few years with us, then off to AFL HQ.

i think the varnish has worn a bit since. He'd have been up there as Gil's replacement not that long ago.

Regardless of what happens, this needs to be said. As much as I do not like you at all, you are all so poorly served by your club leaders.

All a supporter wants is their footy club is to be a community group, which offers something fun and welcoming. The Hird stuff I honestly can't even laugh at, its just sad for everyone, including him, getting dragged into s**t he probably isn't pushing.

You all need to collectively punish these people and drive them out. Good luck.

Ross Lyon

"Wellman, Sheedy and Madden were the ones driving the internal review, yet its come out Mahoney conducted it on his own. Those three should be removed from the board".

So the head of footy Mahoney conducted the review?

That's not a review in any way, shape or form. That's just called doing your normal job...in that position you should always be looking at your team under you and looking at areas for improvement.

If he's the issue obviously it's pointless...Brasher is a fool. Reeks of just trying to appease the members and everyone backing each other to keep their jobs.

Regardless of what happens, this needs to be said. As much as I do not like you at all, you are all so poorly served by your club leaders.

Lets not pretend like Essendon is the only club with these issues. Fortunately for other clubs, winning games of football covers over many cracks.

That's not a review in any way, shape or form. That's just called doing your normal job...in that position you should always be looking at your team under you and looking at areas for improvement.

If he's the issue obviously it's pointless...Brasher is a fool. Reeks of just trying to appease the members and everyone backing each other to keep their jobs.
Yep. I think this was discussed on page 2.

In a similar vein, the president at the time announced that a whole swathe of jobs were safe and that it was incremental rather than transformational.

Also not a review.

It’s so far from a review that none of us here have been particularly thrilled by it since it was announced.

Lets not pretend like Essendon is the only club with these issues. Fortunately for other clubs, winning games of football covers over many cracks.
I think our issues are obviously worse than 17 other clubs. We can't stop denying this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the team below Mahoney that needed a review though. It is those above him, along with the shadowy figures hiding in the corner holding the cash.

Should have been external review right from the get go!

I’ve been saying all along and I don’t believe it to be far from the truth.

There was no “review”.

It was the *en buzzword everybody was sprouting early in the year and Brasher caved to the pressure and just announced one.

FFS we could have a ten minute chat and call it a review. It’s just another rubbish buzzword that has no meaning.

It’s clear there was never anything of substance.

I think our issues are obviously worse than 17 other clubs. We can't stop denying this.

Maybe...we're not in great shape but neither is Norf. The fact we've torn everything down in the past few days to conduct a full review is more honest than what North are doing. They just think their issue is the coach.

All a supporter wants is their footy club is to be a community group, which offers something fun and welcoming. The Hird stuff I honestly can't even laugh at, its just sad for everyone, including him, getting dragged into s**t he probably isn't pushing.

You all need to collectively punish these people and drive them out. Good luck.
so true
i dont care about finals wins and stats, etc

Just give me something every weekend i enjoy looking forward to.
It's been an extremely long time i've looked forward to an essendon game.

Maybe...we're not in great shape but neither is Norf. The fact we've torn everything down in the past few days to conduct a full review is more honest than what North are doing. They just think their issue is the coach.
Torn everything down?

Sheedy is still there.
Dodoro is still there.
Campbell is still there.

Etc etc.

Let’s not kid ourselves that beyond Ben Rutten’s morale, we’ve torn anything down yet.

It's interesting that North moved on Noble, because the players didn't appreciate the hard hitting honesty on their performance and ability to follow game plans; and yet, they're looking at Clarko to step in.

The message won't change - just that it would come from a 4 time premiership coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back