Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
On the topic of insanity I was running laps with a guy(who played in the 1980 Richmond premiership team)who was playing for us run laps and the other players were unintentionally pushing him towards the boundary line. It was like he was battling against a strong current to stay outside the lines.
It spiked my interest enough to ask him why? He said his first training session at Richmond he ran inside the lines only to be KO’d! When he gained composure he seen a livid Kevin Sheedy with a cocked fist and he said you never run outside the lines son. He told me that he never had run outside the lines since that moment 🤣.
I then asked him what was Sheeds like? He said without any hesitation FRUIT CAKE ABSOLUTE FRUIT CAKE
Bryan Wood?

Would Hird in Wellman’s role perhaps strike the balance between satiating the messiah desire and finding someone with enough applicable skills to interface between the football program and the boardroom?
I'd like the board to get away from the notion that they need Essendon people to run this club

it's not served us well the last 20 years.
Vet the board members based on their skills, not where there esteem in Essendon history sits.

I'd like the board to get away from the notion that they need Essendon people to run this club

Vet the board members based on their skills, not where there esteem in Essendon history sits.

Fully agree, but an element of this is pragmatism. Hird I think is a person with the applicable skill set but is also a person that the factions would accept and stop eating their own heads.

Ideally we wouldn’t have the schisms and infighting but if you’re going to have schisms and infighting then this combats part of it, and perhaps he acts as a bit of a conduit and pulls people onto the same page.

You kinda do need an essendon person in the footy directors role. Most clubs have a former player in the role. It’s just about getting the right person in the role. I’d like to see someone like Jason Johnson in it.

We're copping some criticism for 'gifting' Hurley a farewell game. From memory we were also criticised for not giving TBC one.

Make no mistake we are an utter rabble, but gee its hard for us to do anything right in the eyes of many.
Anyone criticising Hurley getting a farewell game is a bum.

Why would they need Clarkson smokescreen to get those three when those three will be soon out of the door at GWS? Makes zero sense.
Can you imagine the media who ha if they were actively trying to get hirdy and co back with Rutten still there, this way it's like we tried for clarko, Rutten can't continue so we've appointed these guys now after due process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're copping some criticism for 'gifting' Hurley a farewell game. From memory we were also criticised for not giving TBC one.

Make no mistake we are an utter rabble, but gee its hard for us to do anything right in the eyes of many.
Where is that happening?

He cleared it up, I didn’t complain, I just wanted to know if it was a typo because she deserves all the respect right now.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Probably best not to come to our board and tell us who to respect given how your board refers to our club and supporters.

kthxby

The club would deserve criticism if it didn't give Hurley a farewell game when its not like anyone is unlucky to be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back