Review Semi Final, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading back through these few pages after the North game is great. Lot’s of concern about Berry’s slow start to the year but also faith/hope that he’d turn it around.

Boy he rewarded us last night. Such a great story.

Sorry to intrude guys and congratulations on the win last night. Just wondering if the game was broadcast on 7 mate or 7 main in Brisbane last night? A bit of a discussion happening over in the tv ratings thread about it. Thanks.

Sorry to intrude guys and congratulations on the win last night. Just wondering if the game was broadcast on 7 mate or 7 main in Brisbane last night? A bit of a discussion happening over in the tv ratings thread about it. Thanks.
7 mate. Main channel had royal coverage.

That explains the lower ratings than last week in Brisbane then. Pretty poor from 7 that just won the new tv rights, but anyhow.
A couple of other factors would be that NRL finals were on and Richmond have a big supporter base up here.

But yeah, I missed the first couple of minutes of the second half because I went to 7 after half time (which is what the electronic guide said) and watched the royal stuff thinking they had switched to that during the half time break.

That particular kick he put on Hipwoods's chest was in the middle of three Melbourne defenders and not one of them could get a fingernail on it.

Was truly a thing of beauty.

He got a couple of other ones wrong but when he gets them right they are ridiculously good.
They needed to be brave .. and it paid off eventually. Chaos balls inside 50 really threw the Demons defence. And we "recorded a season-high pressure rating of 201'. Charlie's epic left-foot goal from row Z after a lung-busting one-out run was just genius.

And a shout-out to Dev - thought his last quarter was influential after a challenging first half, A must-stay.

A couple of other factors would be that NRL finals were on and Richmond have a big supporter base up here.

But yeah, I missed the first couple of minutes of the second half because I went to 7 after half time (which is what the electronic guide said) and watched the royal stuff thinking they had switched to that during the half time break.

It traditionally rates about double on the main channel so to still get 70k compared to last week's 100k isn't too bad. More poor form from 7 though.

Shout out to Harris Andrews. Showed great leadership and desperation. That incredible spoil where he came off his man in the last quarter might have saved us the game. Best he's played in a while.
That spoil and the one by Cam Rayner were the 2 best for the night.
And typified the performance of the whole team.

I come in peace... :smilev1:

Brilliant effort!!! What a time to come good!

Really mature effort by your youngsters in the second half!

Great game by Rich, Neale, McCluggage, McStay, Berry and Hipwood rose to the challenge...

Really hoping we both make to the GF... love to see two Northern teams battle it out on the MCG!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched replay, so much to say but initial observations.

Our pressure was amazing but our ability to stand up in the tackle and get clean hands away in traffic was the some of the best I’ve seen by any team.

Match ups won all over the ground. Berry’s coming out party.

Everything we hoped happened on here during the week did, after a slow start, we played OUR WAY!

I have also been highly critical of our mental fortitude over the last couple of years, for good reason. Happy to say that after these 2 weeks, it looks like the maturity and system and just the general growth within the group has seen us excercise those demons.

A couple of things I noticed about Berry:
  • he wants to be involved in every contest in a hungry sort of way. Not happy with just standing on the wing waiting for Neale to get, he wants to be in there getting it, and when he can’t he’s desperate to put on a solid tackle;
  • he’s vocal at stoppages and giving directions to other players;
  • skill level and decision making has improved a hell of a lot;
  • fitness levels are through the roof.

Become a real leader out there now.

What a bloody win!!

Obsessed with Rich’s game. He just had some much poise all night. Love his receive from McCarthy and kick to Hipwood leading to the mcgluggage goal.

Hipwood had an amazing game. Such a special connector into your forward line and the finishing has been there when you’ve needed it.

Berry possibly best on? Was rag dolling Oliver

Cameron seems to kick a goal when it’s like a 10% chance constantly. Freak.

Neale has become such a joy to watch.

My friend and I have done another podcast for you fully dedicated to the win. the production is much better than last week. Here it is!

Go lions!!!

My daughter just rang me to see if i wanted to book Melbourne refundable accommodation for 2 just in case
I gave her the okay. So hope that does not put our chances for a win in jeopardy v Geelong

Worry about airfairs via Bali later

Just like the new iPhone i may have to sell a kidney to pay for this

Back