Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if our last like 5 1st round drafts for instance had landed at least one or 2 players who lasted beyond rookie deal.... I dont reckon you could get it more wrong if you just threw a dart at a dartboard with 100 players names on.

Completely agree Manureid. It's amazing how the team made the playoffs with so much failure of younger players around them.

If we have a solid year and great drafting I can see us pushing the Chiefs for top spot next season (2023).

Completely agree Manureid. It's amazing how the team made the playoffs with so much failure of younger players around them.

If we have a solid year and great drafting I can see us pushing the Chiefs for top spot next season (2023).

Why can't they push for the West this season? They were a 10 win team with all that turmoil last year and Zay freaking Jones as their #1 receiver down the stretch - didn't stop them from winning 10 games.

Then they go into the off season and add the best receiver in football and the NFL's sack leader since 2012.

I get that other teams have made big moves in the division, but there's no reason why any of the 4 teams should be written off as being unable to win the division this season.

Sure, the Raiders have some holes (specifically the O Line). The Chiefs lost the best deep threat in the game and in doing so have lost a true point of difference on offense that keeps defensive coordinators up at night. The Broncos are gambling on Russell Wilson getting back to pre 2021 form, though they've said they think their receiver crew of Sutton and Jeudy in particular are an upgrade over Lockett and Metcalf, ok...
Then there's the Chargers with Justin Herbert who is treated as a superstar of the league despite not yet leading his team to the playoffs in his 2 years in the NFL. The Chargers have a good roster, but they had a good roster last year, too. Until Staley stops being an idiot on 4th down coaching is going to be a liability.

Plenty of question marks on all these teams. The West is wide open this year.

I agree Chewy but as you pointed out our OLine (which was once a strength) is now our biggest opportunity and we're only an injury away from lacking a solid starting five.
Yeh, doesnt matter how good Adams/Renfrow/Waller etc are if Carr is getting mauled on every play. They just got to hold up long enough for one of those guys to get open, but also we need some sort of run game.

I agree Chewy but as you pointed out our OLine (which was once a strength) is now our biggest opportunity and we're only an injury away from lacking a solid starting five.

The current backups on the roster are Munford, Parham/Simpson and Barton. With the exception of Barton i dont think there's much separating the other backups from the quality of the low end starters on the line (Cotton and Eluemunor). So an injury to those guys requiring a backup to step in won't necessarily see much, if any drop off in overall line performance.

The line is still a weak point but it's not horrendously bad.

Imagine if our last like 5 1st round drafts for instance had landed at least one or 2 players who lasted beyond rookie deal.... I dont reckon you could get it more wrong if you just threw a dart at a dartboard with 100 players names on.
We have done better getting players in late round picks. Maybe we should trade out our early picks for established players

Q: How important is it to you to go out there set the tone early against a division opponent to start the season?

Coach McDaniels: "Division games, that's the first thing we have to try to accomplish when you set out for your goals during the course of the season, it's trying to compete and win your own division. So, we know these almost count double in the standings, if you will. We're trying like heck to get to know these guys now. It would be the same urgency if we had somebody else on the schedule. It's just we know these guys a little bit more -- at least a lot of our players do that have played against them. We know we're going see them again in so many weeks. No question that division games are critical, division games on the road are critical. We're going to put everything we got into this one and give it all we have on Sunday."

Just before your season opener, good luck from a Rams fan this season. Criminally underrated team that added Davante, Jones, Josh McDaniels. Backing the silver and black for the upset☠️

The Score's Jordan Schultz expects the Raiders to sign TE Darren Waller to a five-year, $62 million extension.​

Waller, who's also returning from a hamstring injury, is expected to play if a deal isn't reached before Week 1. The Raiders didn't show offseason interest in extending Waller but that may have changed now that he's with a new agency and practicing. A $12.4 million average salary would make Waller the league's seventh-highest paid tight end.

The Score's Jordan Schultz expects the Raiders to sign TE Darren Waller to a five-year, $62 million extension.​

Waller, who's also returning from a hamstring injury, is expected to play if a deal isn't reached before Week 1. The Raiders didn't show offseason interest in extending Waller but that may have changed now that he's with a new agency and practicing. A $12.4 million average salary would make Waller the league's seventh-highest paid tight end.
7th highest. Interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just before your season opener, good luck from a Rams fan this season. Criminally underrated team that added Davante, Jones, Josh McDaniels. Backing the silver and black for the upset☠️
As much as I want to beat you guys this week I'm curious to see how McDaniels goes in his 2nd go round.

Pretty stinky stuff in that game. Is the thought of Carr still better than actual Carr? O Line as anticipated was poor.

Fans can quip about the O Line and the lack of pass rush - but simply put they had a chance to win the game with 2 minutes left and Carr didn't execute. That combined with his 3 INTs can make a fair argument that he single-handedly lost them the game.

The QB has to bail you out in games like these. Im not concerned so much about the O Line because they won't go up against a more formidable edge rush this season, but the lack of pass rush from the Raiders should give cause for concern.

I'm confident they'll figure it out. But next week is a must win at home.

Fans can quip about the O Line and the lack of pass rush - but simply put they had a chance to win the game with 2 minutes left and Carr didn't execute. That combined with his 3 INTs can make a fair argument that he single-handedly lost them the game.

The QB has to bail you out in games like these. Im not concerned so much about the O Line because they won't go up against a more formidable edge rush this season, but the lack of pass rush from the Raiders should give cause for concern.

I'm confident they'll figure it out. But next week is a must win at home.
Agreed on Carr. Still think we need to upgrade on the O Line of we can though.

Agreed on Carr. Still think we need to upgrade on the O Line of we can though.

Of course. They used 4 o line combinations in this game which tells you theyre still unsure of their best combo - which is a huge concern.

Andre James also being evaluated for a concussion so I suspect Parham will slide to centre next week if James can't go.

The problems are at least fixable - though a portion of them will need to be fixed via current free agents. I would love to see them bring in Ndamukong Suh and Darryl Williams - not a big Williams fan but he would be an upgrade at either right guard or right tackle compared to what they have right now.

Car is just a mediocre QB.

Doesn’t have the top line ability to consistently take control of games.
He is a decent starting QB, but he is not a good nor great starting QB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back