No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaymie Graham has superb wraps on him.
Bit of a left field call to me but just because I've got no idea outside of the talked about assistants. We need an inspired appointment, I trust you know more than me on him.

To be fair to Yze, he won the role vs other candidates through the "process" until Brad Scott parachuted in last minute for an interview and was appointed the same day. That felt like the fix was in from the start.

GWS a little more unclear why they pivoted to Kingsley in the end, but like Yze, Kingsley had been close to getting jobs over the years so he was due too.

I don't think either situation should be seen as a slight to Yze. The fact he finished 2nd twice suggests he's a pretty impressive candidate worthy of consideration for the opportunity.
I didn't know that. There you go then! Yze it is :D

I honestly don’t understand why people wouldn’t want Ross.

Elite coaches around the globe get better the older they get. AFL seem to always want to go young.

Ross has a history of winning and building winning cultures and is desperately unlucky to not be a premiership winning coach.

The relationships he had with the players speaks for itself. Some lesser known players feel hard dons by him, sure, but he was in the business of winning, not coddling.

Development when he was here was an issue, but we were in the window and going hard. Reckon every club would do a similar thing with the list we had.

And I love his pressers.

You have to choose someone who is still at the club :think:
Am I not being clear or something?

Richo extension - Peter Summers
Ratten extension - Andrew Bassat

Bassat wasn't responsible for Richardsons extension. He was responsible for Ratten's. He made a mistake and corrected it.

Mate there were basic glaring deficiencies in our game even I could see week in week out. It was the same s**t from Cho and Ratts.
Bassat nailed it when he said we need to get out of this rut of mediocrity. There was no way if we were fare dinkum with the review we could overlook the coaches role in our latest phase of mediocrity.
I wholeheartedly agree. Let’s get *en savage and not look back.

When your fans can see the issues with coaching it's a major issue. The repeating the same thing that was obviously nowhere near winning games of footy and trusting that it would turn around naturally really started to wear thin.

This is a bit of instability but it's needed to improve. We went the safe soft option when we appointed Ratts and we got a safe soft coach who had us middling along. Time for some depending of excellence. This is a make or break appointment but better to go down in flames than fall asleep at the wheel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEWSFLASH - New Saints 2023 marketing slogan announced:

"It is always darkest before the dawn - Go Saints in '23 !"
Is it weird that I honestly don’t find this to be a disaster at all?

Yeh we shouldn’t have extended him and this decision should have been made at the end of the season and his previous contract but by luck that NOT happening just means we missed this Essendon, North, Hawks review s**t show.

We’ve got clear air as the only gig in town right now. It clearly wasn’t by design but we’ve actually kind of lucked out.

You’re taking Ratts anecdote, second hand no less as 100% factual?
I couldn't give a flying feck what you or your mate think , the bloke that i spoke to this morning was meant to be having dinner with him on Wednesday night but Ratts Mrs was sick so they didn't catch up.

If what i posted had been posted by a few other select posters i bet you wouldn't have questioned them , how dare another poster have some info

i could not believe it. when i heard this on the radio during the night. Just .. i have no words. no wonder everyone laughs at us. We are the laughing stock of the AFL.

Am I not being clear or something?

Richo extension - Peter Summers
Ratten extension - Andrew Bassat

Bassat wasn't responsible for Richardsons extension. He was responsible for Ratten's. He made a mistake and corrected it.

Some people can't get their head past punishment.

Personally i just want the club fixed.

I honestly don’t understand why people wouldn’t want Ross.

Elite coaches around the globe get better the older they get. AFL seem to always want to go young.

Ross has a history of winning and building winning cultures and is desperately unlucky to not be a premiership winning coach.

The relationships he had with the players speaks for itself. Some lesser known players feel hard dons by him, sure, but he was in the business of winning, not coddling.

Development when he was here was an issue, but we were in the window and going hard. Reckon every club would do a similar thing with the list we had.

And I love his pressers.
Maybe I’m revising what happened really poorly.

But when talking development.

From 08-10, there wasn’t a required player on that list who didn’t get better. He genuinely turned Joey fisher Goddard Into genuine stars.

McEvoy was tracking well.
Schneider and Milney became as good a small forward as you could get without them being superstars ala Robbie Gray

Roo and Lenny somehow went further.

Jason Blake became a very good CHB.

Etc etc etc.

The knock was youth and the control he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back