No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassat said that Walsh will be involved with acquiring the new coach... but he doesn't start his role for a few more weeks. Surely we won't wait that long to start looking?

FWIW I think we've been talking to Ross for months already.
Walsh will have started even if his contract doesn't kick in until November 1.

I really hope the club have arranged a send off for Ratts this arvo with all the players coming to the Danny Frawley Centre for a BBQ and a full on piss up.
Everyone should be encouraged to get pissed as a maggot and duke out anything that comes as a result. A cleansing, if you like.

I really hope the club have arranged a send off for Ratts this arvo with all the players coming to the Danny Frawley Centre for a BBQ and a full on piss up.
Everyone should be encouraged to get pissed as a maggot and duke out anything that comes as a result. A cleansing, if you like.
3 steps (beers) ahead of you

Trapped those lazy mo’fos!!! I like to think there are a few shaking in their boots thinking about the pre season lift ahead of them. Not Sinclair though, Sincs probably runs stairs in his sleep to maintain those calves
I would imagine the players who are coasting and not giving 100% would be very nervous now on their holidays.
No more favourites
and finally we may see some selection integrity

Damo would be too scared to heap s**t on us of we had Ross or Lenny

Lets just get Fraser Gehrig as coach, he can just stare ate players who don't do what he wants.
In press conferences he can stare at the media , as if daring them to ask a question.

Not gonna lie... got a spring in my step today.

Everything we've been talking about re drafting, trading, how to move forward etc has all felt a bit hollow to me as I felt it was glaringly obvious our biggest problem was we had the wrong coach. I was even cringing at the thought of Lenny having to put up with Ratts steering the ship. Was genuinely worried about how much damage would be done before we got back on track... felt like we'd hang on again as we did with richo.

Now I feel we have a chance to get value out of any changes we make.

Excited to see where we go from here.

We all know gringo wants a captain coach to be welcomed back into the fold.

Born leader.

images
'Loves a goal'

The worst set-shot routine I think I have ever seen from someone who played 100+ games of league football and wasn't a defender.

Not gonna lie... got a spring in my step today.

Everything we've been talking about re drafting, trading, how to move forward etc has all felt a bit hollow to me as I felt it was glaringly obvious our biggest problem was we had the wrong coach. I was even cringing at the thought of Lenny having to put up with Ratts steering the ship. Was genuinely worried about how much damage would be done before we got back on track... felt like we'd hang on again as we did with richo.

Now I feel we have a chance to get value out of any changes we make.

Excited to see where we go from here.
In my mind, we have already appointed Lyon

So the only thing left is disappointment for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or elation as your suspicions are confirmed.

I'd love to have Ross back. He's not the only option I'd be happy with though.
I’m riding that elation now.

The worst thing is the number of supporters who I’ve spoken to (friends/family/colleagues) that are all wanting to renew if it’s Ross.

They all feel like we would be relevant again.

So what actually happened with Ross? At the time I thought he abandoned us. But now it's been alluded to that we disrespected him with a sh*t contract offer??
It is all BS. He bailed for more money and a longer contract and blindsided the club. He was broke at the time apparently.

Lyon, Yze, Leppitsch, Lappin

Can't think of many more...they basically said today they want higher standards...all those coaches have come from successful clubs or have shown to set high standards before.

Hard to see who else we might be eyeing off.
Pyke.
( without the camp and the power stance.)

Only surprised on timing, fully expected it to happen next year. Reign of the snake and all gives no damn to mitigating factors, GTFO of eden.

I know I’m in a minority but I’d love GT to coach again.

I'd be fine with it, just the man never stays in his lane. Buts is the one that gets jettisoned into orbit out of that duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back