Teams Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steel Curtain

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest problem i have with Steelers offense is offensive line they need to stop spending high draft picks on skill positions and fix that o-line

Biggest problem i have with Steelers offense is offensive line they need to stop spending high draft picks on skill positions and fix that o-line
The OL has actually played extremely well. They allowed only four pressures vs Browns and barely any previous two games either. Steelers need to bulk up on the D in the upcoming draft or two. Edge rushers, LBers, and ILmen. Of course, you have to keep upgrading the OL too.

We fall to 1-3 after a miserable showing against the Gahd Damn Jets. It was a tale of two halves, on offence atleast, with Trubisky starting and then being benched at the main break for Pickett after a lacklustre start. Plenty to talk about and I could be here all night discussing what went wrong but I’ll keep my post about Pickett

Three interceptions on the day for our first rounder and Pittsburgh native doesn’t read well but looking at each individually I’ll say this-The first is as much on Claypool as Pickett, yes it wasn’t a great ball and a tad under thrown. But when you are a 6’4 WR going up against a 5’8 (or whatever he was) DB you are expected to come down with that ball. Those are the plays you were drafted for and make your living off. The second Int was more on Pickett, yes he could’ve and should’ve thrown it away but he also did hit Freiermuth with it and he was unable to hold on, yes it also would have been a good catch and was pretty high but like I said this one sits more on the QB than the receiver not coming down with the ball. So his first two Int’s were off tips. The last was your run of the mill Hail Mary and hope someone can come down with it winning you the game, that’s neither here nor there. Nothing else needs to be said about that pick. What I loved about him was his accuracy, his chemistry with Pickens & Muuth and arguably his best play of the half when he stood in the pocket, took a shot from the DL and delivered a strike to Pat down the seam similar to the one we saw him do in the pre season v Seattle. The kid doesn’t look fazed, the occasion doesn’t look too big and I hope we stick with him now. He offers us what Trubisky doesn’t, he will have wow moments and show us why we selected him so high. The kid certainly looks the future of this franchise. Is he the present though? Time will tell. As I mentioned after last weeks game, we have a tough month coming up, with games against the Bills, Bucs, Dolphins & Eagles before a bye week. We could and probably should lose all 4 of them games, and sit 1-7 heading in to a bye-And I’m quite okay with that. If we stick with Pickett it atleast gives us a chance to see what we have there, as long as a losing record doesn’t dent his confidence seeing him go in to his shell

Dosheartening
Very much so. I had a feeling the Jets would get us as I’m not optimistic on our season ahead (Plus we always play down to opposition). Kenny provides us something different however. He has the IT factor. His only 3 incompletions were interceptions-2 of which were off Steeler hands and the third a Hail Mary, as mentioned above (PFF also graded him with 0 turnover worthy plays for what it’s worth). Keeping in mind yesterday that Pickett went in to the game with 0 reps throughout the week and has been revealed since that they ran all the same plays they had drawn up for Trubisky once Pickett was thrown in. I’m looking forward to seeing what we draw up for this offense and Pickett moving forward now (It has been revealed today that Pickett will be our starter)

Last edited:
Very much so. I had a feeling the Jets would get us as I’m not optimistic on our season ahead (Plus we always play down to opposition). Kenny provides us something different however. He has the IT factor. His only 3 incompletions were interceptions-2 of which were off Steeler hands and the third a Hail Mary, as mentioned above. Keeping in mind yesterday that Pickett went in to the game with 0 reps throughout the week and has been revealed since that they ran all the same plays they had drawn up for Trubisky once Pickett was thrown in. I’m looking forward to seeing what we draw up for this offense and Pickett moving forward now (It has been revealed today that Pickett will be our starter)
Things will improve once Pickett is starting QB, there'll be more scoring drives, more aggressive offense. We still won't make playoffs or challenge, but it'll be a step in the right direction moving forward. Gotta take this lump of a season in stride

Things will improve once Pickett is starting QB, there'll be more scoring drives, more aggressive offense. We still won't make playoffs or challenge, but it'll be a step in the right direction moving forward. Gotta take this lump of a season in stride
Exactly right. I think I read a stat last night, in 42 drives from Trubisky this season he had 4 TD drives. Pickett had 2 TDs from 4 drives yesterday alone…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to rush back too quickly?
Have since read it was an assumption based off the fact he was not at last weeks game v Jets or a couple practices, which also coincided with the JJ Watt heart news… Could well just be that he was with JJ as has since been suggested. Time will tell, I hope there was no setback but if there was, as you suggested, it would have to be due to him pushing too hard to return earlier than expected

Our game against the Bills yesterday pretty much went how I expected. We are a bad Bengals long snapper in that game away from being 0-5. This teams a mess, this team sucks BUT we have ourselves a QB. Kenny looked good. His first start was against Buffalo in a hostile environment and he didn’t look fazed, the moment never looked too big, he made plays and was not afraid to get physical with a D lineman twice his size after a play which I loved seeing from my young QB. We have something to build around there. There’s a whole heap of issues with this team but Kenny isn’t one of them. Pickens has announced himself as a true WR1. I hope he starts getting more targets than Johnson going forward. The kid is a problem, can high point the ball, has terrific body control and wins 50/50 balls. When he is involved good things happen. Pickett to Pickens will be something special for years to come and something to build around. Johnson’s drops continue to haunt him and cost us at key points in the game (Not in the sense of the scoreboard-but in the down and distance type of key moments). He creates great separation but cannot be relied upon when called upon most. Claypool has regressed since his rookie season. He runs lazy routes and does not use his size to get the ball. Najee has to be injured, that foot injury must be lingering. He has not looked himself and there is no burst whatsoever. Warren on the other hand is the opposite. When he gets the ball he explodes and always falls forward-gaining those extra yards. I believe he should well and truly be our third down back-Atleast whilst Najee is playing injured/playing like he is. Going forward we need to get Warren more involved, close to a 50/50 share with Harris in the snap count. Our defense, for all the money tied up there, has been poor. Yesterday was their worst outing to date but they also ran in to a buzz saw of an offensive side in Josh Allen & Co. I know Watt’s out, but we had no pressure all day on Allen and he had time to do as he pleases. I can cop not being the better of the teams on that side of the ball, but when we have so much money spent there I’d expect more of a showing than what we dished up. I expect better

As a Steeler fan I have been very spoilt with what I’ve seen growing up. I’ve witnessed 0 losing seasons. None. I’ve seen two SuperBowl wins and a loss. I’ve seen many playoff games and so on and so on. This year has been and will be different. This year is and should be all about rebuilding now. We will more than likely have our highest pick in the draft for quite some time. We should trade away some dead wood, get some OL help and definitely have a change at OC. It doesn’t look pretty now Steeler fans, but I think it can and will change in a hurry 🖤💛

We saw Warren get almost more carries/targets than Harris vs the Bills, so I think they know they ought to scale Harris back otherwise he'll aggravate the injury to the point he could be gone for the season. They have to anyway try splitting their snaps regardless for the sheer sake of preserving Harris' longevity even when fully healthy.

It’s a frustrating response by Mike Tomlin given that the team has just nine offensive touchdowns in seven games so far this season.

Despite the atrocious offensive performance, the Steelers have somehow managed to beat two teams that made playoff runs last season (Bengals and Buccaneers).

Steelers designated EDGE T.J. Watt (pectoral) to return from injured reserve.​

Watt's 21-day practice window was opened Wednesday, so he's likely rejoining the lineup sometime in the next three weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back