Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're starting to build a midfield that is tall and in time strong enough to counter opposition mids, maginess, Newk and McKenzie are about the height of Lewis Burgoyne Hodge, just add some muscle and we'll be fine in the clinches come big finals . To complement that , we also have players that are closer to the average mid size in worpel, ward and CMAC! İt's looking almighty good for our future!

I think we're starting to build a midfield that is tall and in time strong enough to counter opposition mids, maginess, Newk and McKenzie are about the height of Lewis Burgoyne Hodge, just add some muscle and we'll be fine in the clinches come big finals . To complement that , we also have players that are closer to the average mid size in worpel, ward and CMAC! İt's looking almighty good for our future!
Stephens also.

Those kicks into the forward line got me
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Based on that highlight package I am trying to think who he reminds me off.

Maybe a slightly shorter but quicker version of Scott Pendelbury?

But with a touch of Nat Fyfe in regards to overhead marking (but a better kick).

Looks like a unique package in a lot of ways.

But with a touch of Nat Fyfe in regards to overhead marking (but a better kick).

Reminds me of Mundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes things tougher with nicknames for MacDonald.

Both "Mac" and not "Mc" too!
Cam is bigger.....you now where I'm going with this, don't you?

Connor can be known as quarter pounder.

Cam is bigger.....you now where I'm going with this, don't you?

Connor can be known as quarter pounder.
I brought it up when he was drafted, but Connor was called Croc when playing local or school footy (iirc). Good nickname if there ever was one.

Or we could just call Mackenzie "Frenchy" and be done with it.

Those kicks into the forward line got me
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels
It’s the most important kick in football, it can’t be understated how important of a skill it is. Our forwards are going to be getting some pretty good service. Mitchy Lewis will be licking his lips

Valentines Day Love GIF by HBO Max

A breakaway mid with high footy IQ, extremely slick skills and size to boot - a player of this ilk has been on our want list for years.

It’s going to be interesting watching him develop, we have self improvement built into our best young players as part of their DNA (Newcombe, Ward, CMac 1), and he looks cut from that same cloth.

Beyond psyched to see him picked up!

He reminds me of a taller Zerrett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back