World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it means much now but can you imagine if we drew!

also does this give the French a right of appeal to overturn the result?
You might think well France still finished top so who cares, But the history books will show they lost a match and due to a decision that was against FIFA rules.

No chance the result is overturned- especially since it didn't cost France top spot nor did it cost us missing out. FIFA will just admit the decision was wrong and move on.

Add it to the list of officiating mistakes at this WC. The Premier League tends to admit when a mistake has been made. FIFA not so much.

Show me where I said she was an expert. Go on.

Isn't the point that the analysts are experts? The qualification is usually that they have played the game at the standard of the game they are commenting on.

You said she hadn’t played at the highest level, which is rubbish.

She played at the highest level for women. Which if they are getting beaten by a local 15 yo boys team can't be that high. Bosnic said the same at the time.

How do we think the future looks ?

Mcgree, rowles, souttar, baccus , hrustic, Mabil all young enough and look like being main stays

Devlin, genreau, tilio, arzarni, Atkinson all have shown promise

We are not sure yet what both Kuol’s could be but looks promising

Outside of that not too sure ??

How does that compare to how we’d have thought the future would look after each of the previous world cups ?

Easy up mate. You’re all sounding like Wests Tigers fans after a Rd 1 win.

The reality is the national team has struggled for several years in the grind. They’ve managed to snag a couple of 1-0 wins in tournament play.

This run is more akin to Greece 2004 than the beginning of a dynasty.

Let’s hope it continues for a few more games and just enjoy the ride.

The reality is the national team has struggled for several years in the grind. They’ve managed to snag a couple of 1-0 wins in tournament play.

The King Otto doc.

One of the greats!

As a Greek, I couldn’t be more proud than I was that entire month. I recently watched a documentary on the head coach, Otto Rehhagel, and I actually forgot that in the latter stages of qualifying, Greece were actually pretty impressive. Winning the group over Spain. Greece certainly didn’t come into that tournament as the terrible team they were painted as. Every side Greece beat or drew with that tournament were in the top 11 (France, Spain, Czech Republic) or 22nd (Portugal) on the world rankings Pre-Euro 2004. The way I look at it now, Greece winning Euro 2004 has gone from a shock to deserving winners. They were the best team at the tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show me where I said the future looks bright … I’m asking as a conversation point …

Literally said outside of the players mentioned I’m not sure what’s there and asked how we think the future compares to how it’s looked after previous world cups when people have always thought we would be better in 4 years but never were

It's official folks. Argentina are the ultimate underdogs. 🤣

"Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni has made the huge call that his side is not favourites for the round of 16 clash with Australia on Sunday morning."

A real bewdy bottler from Scaloni that one. Well done Scaz. Talent. Gotta be a sandwich and a cuppa short of a picnic to believe a word of that I tell ya. Fair dinkum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back