Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FVctReraIAA4rmy.png

The season will now start a week earlier, on March 16, to allow the league to slot in 24 home-and-away weeks plus finals

English pop star Sheeran plays in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth across early March in a tour that requires venues to have at least eight days to replace enough turf to return them to an AFL-ready state.

The Herald Sun can reveal Optus Stadium has told the AFL they will not be ready for a round 1 game given they will not have enough time to replace turf and bump out the Sheeran stage to ensure it was safe for AFL footballers.

Sheeran plays a one-off concert at Optus Stadium on Sunday 12 March, which means even a Sunday AFL clash in round 1 would see the venue coming up a day short of that eight-day requirement.

Melbourne’s MCG will replace some turf but given Sheeran plays at the ground on March 2 and 3 their grounds staff will have 13 days to get the ground into AFL shape.

The Herald Sun revealed last month the AFL will do away with last year’s season opener involving the previous year’s Grand Finalists and instead return to a Carlton-Richmond Thursday season opener at the MCG.

FjFaLHfVUAIQC_R
No Wednesday night game in round one is a huge relief for SC.

Wonder if the byes are changing, there was a bit of chat in the media this year about all teams having the bye at the same time (which seems the obvious thing to do). I guess it would have been in this press release it was happening.

No Wednesday night game in round one is a huge relief for SC.

Wonder if the byes are changing, there was a bit of chat in the media this year about all teams having the bye at the same time (which seems the obvious thing to do). I guess it would have been in this press release it was happening.

I'm almost 100% certain there won't be a bye 1 week for all clubs if that was the case they wouldn't need to start a week earlier. So just as the AFL always do they don't care about what the supporters or clubs want. I loved it when they had a bye during the year for all clubs and made that week all about grass roots footy.

I'm almost 100% certain there won't be a bye 1 week for all clubs if that was the case they wouldn't need to start a week earlier. So just as the AFL always do they don't care about what the supporters or clubs want. I loved it when they had a bye during the year for all clubs and made that week all about grass roots footy.
If they want the Gf on the right weekend they would. Would still need 24 weeks for 23 rounds.

So many things they could do while the AFL is off, they seem obsessed with their media presence though.

If they want the Gf on the right weekend they would. Would still need 24 weeks for 23 rounds.

So many things they could do while the AFL is off, they seem obsessed with their media presence though.

Easy fixed get rid of the week off between the last round and the 1st week of finals everyone hates it anyway.

FVctReraIAA4rmy.png

The season will now start a week earlier, on March 16, to allow the league to slot in 24 home-and-away weeks plus finals

English pop star Sheeran plays in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth across early March in a tour that requires venues to have at least eight days to replace enough turf to return them to an AFL-ready state.

The Herald Sun can reveal Optus Stadium has told the AFL they will not be ready for a round 1 game given they will not have enough time to replace turf and bump out the Sheeran stage to ensure it was safe for AFL footballers.

Sheeran plays a one-off concert at Optus Stadium on Sunday 12 March, which means even a Sunday AFL clash in round 1 would see the venue coming up a day short of that eight-day requirement.

Melbourne’s MCG will replace some turf but given Sheeran plays at the ground on March 2 and 3 their grounds staff will have 13 days to get the ground into AFL shape.

The Herald Sun revealed last month the AFL will do away with last year’s season opener involving the previous year’s Grand Finalists and instead return to a Carlton-Richmond Thursday season opener at the MCG.

FjFaLHfVUAIQC_R
Gotta love the AFL. NOT. Release the fixtures 6.00am on a Sunday. Coincidence of course that it's the same time as the Socceroos/Argentina kicked off. Can they be more childish and petty than this? Gotta steal the attention. It's all about us, we're the only game in town. So selfish, just pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Gotta love the AFL. NOT. Release the fixtures 6.00am on a Sunday. Coincidence of course that it's the same time as the Socceroos/Argentina kicked off. Can they be more childish and petty than this? Gotta steal the attention. It's all about us, we're the only game in town. So selfish, just pathetic. :thumbsdown:

It was at half-time, wasn't it? Catching the people who were looking at their phones during the break.

Small chol energy

He was really good last year for a first year player, despite the 48 average. Looked good when he got very minimal chances in the guts, otherwise rotted at the terrible SC role of HF. Worked hard for his touches. Only played 1 VFL game and tonned up when playing in the guts.

At only 250k and fwd status, he's worth monitoring. Giant CBA hole is there for the taking if he can get some of it.
Not necessarily. Worpel and Stephens will roughly cover for Mitchell/O'Meara. Day is supposed to be training with the mids and McKenzie/Weddle may get a taste of it early. Worpel would be of more interest but 300k. If Weddle impresses preseason he looks a lock for D7.

Not necessarily. Worpel and Stephens will roughly cover for Mitchell/O'Meara. Day is supposed to be training with the mids and McKenzie/Weddle may get a taste of it early. Worpel would be of more interest but 300k. If Weddle impresses preseason he looks a lock for D7.

It's December, those spots are still up for grabs. Neither of these guys were cemented best 22 players after many years in the system.

Talk of Docherty playing as a MID this year ?? :eyes:......lots of speculation this time of the year though

He played as a mid the last 2 H&A games.

75% and 88% CBAs.

121 and 138.

But that was with Hewett and Kennedy both out
Cerra missed r22, and Walsh missed r23 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not getting a game ahead of Wardlaw, Phillips, Cunners, LDU, Powell, and Simpkin? Even as a forward I would have thought Curtis and Sheezel have the small/medium HHF role locked up.
If he's fit and running like that he will get games.
Howe, Shiel, Drury and Turner were all top 7. North's fitness is horrific. It's why we can only play 3 quarters each week. He's 100% on the watch list.

Surely not getting a game ahead of Wardlaw, Phillips, Cunners, LDU, Powell, and Simpkin? Even as a forward I would have thought Curtis and Sheezel have the small/medium HHF role locked up.
I don’t see Drury getting a mid gig for some time. I think he plays forward this year.

At 185cm, Curtis and Sheezel aren’t exactly small.

I reckon Mahoney might struggle to get a seniors game this year, and Stephenson is too unreliable.

If Drury keeps knocking it out of the park at training, I think he’s got enough points of difference to warrant inclusion.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a forward lineup of Larkey, Comben, Zurhaar, Curtis, and Sheezel, with TT rotating in and out from further up field.

DT has made 3 of these tweets in the last 24 hours, safe to assume they are about to drop the DPPs for the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back