Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the soft campaigner culture where everyone takes any opportunity to say they are offended about something mundane.
Or where people will boo someone because others have welcome to the world of dumb arse sheep

We have no reason to boo him apart from being said sheep

Phillipou will get a breather at the bye round!

Thought he had an almost game last week. Kicked in to the man on the mark, got caught holding the ball, flew for a screamer and just missed.

Those are the games that often underpin real development for an up and comer and help him recognise the level he needs to keep striving for.

Phillipou is definitely in our best 23, in my opinion. Looks like he plays his role very well even if he isn’t impacting contests as much as he would like. Once this kid gets an AFL hardened body though lookout.

If he gets a rest it should be as the sub I reckon. Pou off Billings on, or vice versa, probably also means we lose nothing structurally and Billings is versatile enough to play other roles if injury required.

Billings for sub, Windhager out. Cordy lives on due to structure.

Sign of a s**t coach that didn’t respect the opposition. Their club will stay in mediocrity as long as he’s at the helm.

Sign of a coach under pressure. They start navel gazing and blaming their players. Ratts had got there last year after we fell away. Go into self protection mode and shove the players out on a ledge. If they miss the 8 this year he'd be near certain to be sacked again.

I was getting texts from mates about us after Sunday's game, they used to only do that when we shat the bed. One of my mates who always claimed to hate Lyon is backpedaling as fast as he can.
To be honest I was glad to see the back of him last time

But the last 2 years on Triple M he was a great listen just understands the game better then anyone else, always looked forward to him on a Sunday

As soon as Lenny was coming back I did say it should be RTB to coach, Lenny was never coming back to be an assistant under Ratts

To be honest I was glad to see the back of him last time

But the last 2 years on Triple M he was a great listen just understands the game better then anyone else, always looked forward to him on a Sunday

As soon as Lenny was coming back I did say it should be RTB to coach, Lenny was never coming back to be an assistant under Ratts
I think last time we were all just mentally exhausted.

It had been the culmination of 3 prelim losses. 2 Grand final losses. A drawn Grand final.

Geelong winning their third in that time.
Sydney Port hawthorn west coast collingwood all having saluted and we were all coming around to the fact we had seen the best of Rooey Hayes Kosi Dal Milney Schneider Fisher Joey - pinned our hopes to BJ and it never hit the heights of 2010 again for him.

We missed our chance to land one.

And it’s not like we were playing enjoyable footy in comparison to the hawks cats and pies. We were playing a really physical contested brand.

Ultimately and Ross said this himself. The club and any fan who wanted him gone (I was one) was wrong.

As exciting as Pou is, he’s pretty much Jack Billings in his first year. Most numbers incredibly similar.

If Jack is back to full fitness and form, he’ll be an upgrade on Pou, as he’s going to be comfortably better than he was in his first year.

Will be a similar story with Jones and probably someone like Byrnes. As well as Byrnes has gone, a fully fit and in-form Jones would be an upgrade. Much more game-breaking ability, IMO.

Right now I’d prefer Byrnes over Jones.

Ronnie seems to be growing week to week, looks like he’s getting more and more comfortable in the clinches, makes good decisions, and looks purposeful when he moves the ball forward. And his running ability is as impressive as anything Jones has brought.

Always liked Mowman I was in a bad space last year and regret agitating you and others. Much better experience for me on here without all of that, plus RTB strutting down the race with his CC's every week after a big win helps. We've been spoilt. Beaten flogs like the Dogs, Blues, Bombers all within a month of one another? Go easy on my beating heart, cuddly Ross 😍
Feck , i want the old sh1tty George back , next thing you will be telling us you listen to Celine Dion

PS , I accept your apology

The Port fans are nutters. I love them. There was a guy who used to post there that had eaten dog food to mimic MadMax in the exact spot where the movie was shot. It was like it wasn’t even abnormal and like a journey into another dimension. So good.

When I first joined BF I remember some scandal where a highly respected Port poster faked his own death so he could find out what the board really thought of him.

When I first joined BF I remember some scandal where a highly respected Port poster faked his own death so he could find out what the board really thought of him.
What LOL

Shows the quality of a lot of people on here if he was highly respected , i take it he must have been a so called ITK with his band of merry men followers, commonly known as sheep

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want billings in this team … he’d be the cream on top in this side
I agree. He’s never really had the chance to play in a genuinely good side before. I think he’d be a lot better in a better team.
It’s a shame Sandy have the bye, as he needs game time. Maybe he could be the sub if he’s not ready to play a full game?

Right now I’d prefer Byrnes over Jones.

Ronnie seems to be growing week to week, looks like he’s getting more and more comfortable in the clinches, makes good decisions, and looks purposeful when he moves the ball forward. And his running ability is as impressive as anything Jones has brought.

Agree re Byrnes, apart from one quiet game he has been brilliant. According to those close to the club he also has strong leardership qualities, which will have him in good stead going forward. I think if the team keep winning or being competitive Jones is going to have to be lighting up the VFL before forcing anyone out. Hunter Clark has been playing well but if he drops off he would be the player at most risk of making way for Jones. Billings also is not an automatic inclusion IMO, although he is good on a wing, he cant play through the midfield or a shut down role like Windhager. Billings will need to show plenty before he knocks anyone out of the current side, although I could understand him returning as a sub.

The other young players who could be under pressure are Paton and Wanganeen-Milera. Nasiah has been playing well without being outstanding. Paton is probably first out of the defensive 7, but Nasiah wouldnt want to have a drop off when Jones, Coffield and Webster are ready to return. It doesnt hurt to make to the young players earn their place in their side. Because Stockers kicking has been so good across HB, the team are not so reliant on NWM and Sinclair delivering the ball out.

The other forgotten soldier is McKenzie, if he ever makes it back it will make our wingman stocks very good. I hope for his sake he does, he needs a change of luck as he has been a great example of acheiving goals with persistance.

Did you watch the Voss presser?

Notice how he didn't give us any credit
The Carlton coaching and game plan was totally blown to bits - having a team stacked with #1 or very high draft picks at the age where they should be more than contending , it would of hurt badly.
Having Walsh - 38, Cripps -34 , Acres - 36, Cerra -39, Newman - 28 , Hewitt - 29 all having more touches than our highest possession getter in Sinclair with 27 just shows how bad there game plan is.

Voss was a great player but as a coach he is hopeless , hate to say it and not being able to recognize his faults in his coaching is only going to get him sacked.

If I recall correctly we were travelling pretty well last year until we came up against Port. That’s when the rot kicked in.

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

I agree. He’s never really had the chance to play in a genuinely good side before. I think he’d be a lot better in a better team.
It’s a shame Sandy have the bye, as he needs game time. Maybe he could be the sub if he’s not ready to play a full game?
Would like to see Billings in the team as well , but after missing so much time and I would rather get him another run in the 2s before bringing him back - I can't really see a position for him atm with all the small forwards we have firing atm and Wood , Hill , Byrnes playing good football - he will get his chance , it's a long season.

They are on another level over threre. It's like an online Snowtown.
Even on the main board they are nuts. You can't just give your honest assessment on a Port player or their over all list without one of them acting as though you've just cut up their sisters body and hidden them in a barrel.

They are an odd bunch

Last edited:
If I recall correctly we were travelling pretty well last year until we came up against Port. That’s when the rot kicked in.

Nah the rot came in after the Geelong win.

Got lazy vs Adelaide and only managed to win the game late, walked over a boring North team and then went to the Bye to win 3 more games after that.

Mike’s Best 22

B: Webster - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Battle - Sinclair
C: Hill - Ross - Wood
HF: Gresham - Membrey - Butler
F: Higgins - King - Owens
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Crouch

Int: Phillipou Caminiti Byrnes Windhager Stocker Clark Cordy Paton

Who are the three that miss then? And who’s the sub?
Injury and form will determine who misses..Cordy & Paton are vulnerable, as is Windhager on current status!
Clark and Stocker are locked in..Byrnes no certainty going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back