Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we finally beat these campaigners? had the wood on us for far too long. No Robbie Gray probably helps, he seemingly beat us singlehandedly multiple times.

We only played three quarters, the 4th was a slow jog around Marvel, doing defensive drills and conserving energy. Ross said himself we could have gone again but decided to muzzle Carlton, who being the heartless bunch of nothings they are, turned it up and gave up.

So 25% of a game is worth a day's rest, we are on equal time with Port.

We play at Marvel.

Oh on SEN, they said we have 7 of the last 10 at Marvel. Looking healthy.

I dont expect any changes. Maybe Bytel as sub so Windy can get a full game into him.

JB needs another week at Sandy before coming into calculations.
Sandy has a bye this week in the VFL. Anyone not playing AFL is not playing anywhere. Best they can hope for is some sort of match SIM on the weekend.....

JB had like 22 and 3 goals, the fact that doesn’t really push him into our team is a good sign, he need to perform consistently but he’s too good for VFL.

Jones, Coff, Webster, Paton, Bytel, Windy, Billings, Caminiti would all be too good for the reserves. It’s very healthy for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandy has a bye this week in the VFL. Anyone not playing AFL is not playing anywhere. Best they can hope for is some sort of match SIM on the weekend.....
Not ideal timing for the bye but they at least seem better spread out than last years.

Taking into account the bye, Windy likely stays the sub but I'd consider Billings if he trains well.

It will be interesting to see how we approach selection given the five day break.

Has Billings had a run in the VFL?

If he's ready then Billings for Windhager. Jack can start as the sub as well. Come on once the pace is out of the game and hit a few leading targets as defenders start to tire.

Let Marcus fill his boots at VFL level.

It's a danger game though. Port always been a bogey side for us. Need to make a statement early and get the (hopefully capacity) crowd frothing at the bit.

They run a smaller defence do the Power, so our ground level game needs to be spot on. Higgins, Butler and the mids aren't going to be bouncing between any 200cm lamp posts.

Defensively I'm happy with the set up BUT if Paton is going to come up to the stoppages then I want him tagging Rozee. Don't let this kid get off the chain. Wines, Boak, Duursma, Butters etc can wax all they want but every time Rozee touched the footy we need to smack him. By 3/4 time he should be asking Ken to get subbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back