Preview Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 23rd June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowd prediction? Under 30k would be very diasppointing but it just feels like a lot of fans have been burned too often and feel scared of going.

A big Saints crowd could give us an advantage.

We just don't turn up unfortunately. I can see this playing to a pretty empty stadium and getting us on the back foot with the AFL for big games.

I'm the opposite, I want improvement not ladder position. I'm a Lyon fan but I'm not sure he's getting the best out of the side at the moment. We have ironed out the bad but also some of the good and I was hoping that we'd see the second half of the season as the point that his systems really bedded in like they did at Freo in his first year.

The ladder is a false reading, an easy fixture, hitting sides at the right time etc all fluctuate and can make the results look better than they are.

I don't feel confident that our list is better than other sides in our pool and I'm getting the vibe that we are still up for a lot of list building before we are in challenge mode. Still hopeful that I'm wrong but feeling less confidence than 5 weeks ago. Injury has held us back so it's hard to read though.
You would just prefer improvement over higher ladder positions, playing in finals or even playing in a grand final...or winning a flag?? If a club goes out and doesn't have the aim of winning a premiership at the earliest possible chance, then they are kidding themselves. The Saints have always promised improvement next year or the year after... or in 5 years..the premiership window is open...blah blah. The guys need to bust their guts for the rest of the season and leave excuses behind...I'm not going to live forever, and I want to see another Saints premiership.

I do remember everyone going on about how good we looked at training early last season, and it was the fittest they had see the Saints for a while, but whatever works is fine by me, as long as we improve on last season's position no the ladder, the rest is bulldu$t
I know what you are saying but I think another valid way to look at it is every team is trying to improve (and most probably are) - if we had stuck with the old training regime we aren’t just going nowhere - we were going backwards with other teams leapfrogging us!

You would just prefer improvement over higher ladder positions, playing in finals or even playing in a grand final...or winning a flag?? If a club goes out and doesn't have the aim of winning a premiership at the earliest possible chance, then they are kidding themselves. The Saints have always promised improvement next year or the year after... or in 5 years..the premiership window is open...blah blah. The guys need to bust their guts for the rest of the season and leave excuses behind...I'm not going to live forever, and I want to see another Saints premiership.

I definitely want that but ladder position isn't the only marker to me. We don't have a great list. If I was looking at the sides we put up most weeks it looks more like bottom 8 side than top 8. If a miracle happens and we win a flag this year I'll obviously be ecstatic but I think the reality is that we have to go out and be the most competitive we can be with what we have available and hopefully that's enough to get a final under our belt and start pointing the trajectory back up.

I hope Dougal gets dropped and Cooper plays full back

Cooper was training with the defenders on Wednesday

Crowd prediction? Under 30k would be very diasppointing but it just feels like a lot of fans have been burned too often and feel scared of going.

A big Saints crowd could give us an advantage.
No trains on the Frankston/Pakenham/Cranbourne lines won't help either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RTB mentioned in his presser yesterday about the team maybe being too emotionally invested in these types of matches in the past. He referred to the preparation for the 150th celebration as well. Hoping this week has been handled in a similar fashion. Let others worry about all the lead up stuff. Best way the players can honour spud is 4 qrt effort tomorrow night.

Good

Hope Gary Lyon stays away from the players too.

Seb “rested” 🤔 Just had a bye?
Paton in.
Dougs was always going to stay in no matter what this board said with Daniher and Hipwood.

Not confident with this game at all.

Seb “rested” 🤔 Just had a bye?
PAton in.
Dougs was always going to stay in no matter what this board said With 2 tall Lions forwards.

Not confident with this game at all.
Paton is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back