Preview Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 23rd June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do Byrnes and Howard have to do to get dropped? And why are clubs so soft these days to say managed and not dropped.

Campbell surely getting close. Keeps pushing for selection and being an emergency every week. Super unlucky.
The good thing is they can all play for Sandy this week being the next day . Almost the first time it’s happened this year .
A win this week and no injuries would be a miracle going into west coast next week and quite a few players back playing for Sandy as well .

An already average midfield dropping our second best midfielder and bringing in a defender.

If Owens and Stocker don't end up in the middle I'll be fuming.

Ross should have been dropped weeks ago, he's been very ordinary. To be honest though I'm surprised it was this week as it wasn't close to his worst game we've seen in the last couple of months.

Maybe Lyon saw enough in Windhager to have some confidence. Would have liked to have seen Sharman in the 22 and Owens in the guts a bit more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't know why we are persisting with Gresham. Should be first dropped imo

Think it says more about how the coaches see our seconds players at present.

Sharman while he gets a run here and there, i don't think is highly valued by Lyon either.

I hope i am wrong.

On the crowd stuff. I live in Wagga. Tomorrow night will be my 8th game for the season. I bloody wish our Melbourne membership turned up. There really is zero excuse. We are a good team trying to build to great and have been good value in all but one game.

You don't get to see Troy Schwarze kick that goal if you don't come.

TURN UP!!!!

He is still a better option than the fwd/mids who played at Sandy last week.

Could be wrong but read somewhere 18 of his last 50 kicks have been effective

Either way, he's a ball butcher who is lazy in defence.

He's a liability.

Play Sharman forward and put Owens in the middle.

feel for who ever the coach is at the moment, he’s got the same head ache as our first coach 150 years ago….

slim pickings

Just not sure what what the magic trick is for bringing in talent into a club like ours other than tank likes it’s 1999

There's plenty of excuses to not go
Someone may have a sick family member, might have to get up very early, might be feeling under the weather, might have a family commitment
Someone still might not trust us because we shat the bed completely last season, someone might not believe we've changed after broken promises year in year out, some might not feel the need to make the effort if the players still pick and choose, etc etc.

We know our supporters turn up but it goes both ways. The side has to turn up every week and play for the jumper. Too many broken promises and s**t performances over the years have turned people away. If we start being a consistently good side over a couple of years the supporters will come back. They are still there, we have 60,000+ members. In 2009 we were averaging over 30k to home games and had 32k members.

Howard should have been dropped after that disastrous game against the Tigers- cost us the game.
Probably right but the difficulty they are having with Howard & Ross is that there really aren’t any quality replacements ready to go (Cordy - plodder; Van Es - not ready; Sharman - inexperienced back; Bytel - doesn’t provide midfield pace which is what we need; Owens they need forward at the moment; Pou long term yes but not explosive) - list management issues that need to be addressed in the off season.

Really don't know why we are persisting with Gresham. Should be first dropped imo
Agree, he's shithouse. Stick him in the two's and let him go at end of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back