Game Day Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I started watching footy full time during the 2020 season. There have been four matches between st kilda and Brisbane in that time.

2020, Round 13: Brisbane by 2 points.

2021, Round 17: St Kilda by 32.

2022, Round 13: Brisbane by 21.

2022, Round 22, Brisbane by 15.

All to say, I’m not scared of these blokes. A great team on paper who have comfortably been a tier above us in that time, and yet, we have been competitive in every single one of those matches, they’re very gettable.

I think Marshall has a big game, had 20 disposals (13 contested) and 42 hit outs against them last time and it’s a milestone game for him.

Also think one of our newer players will go bonkers but I honestly can’t choose who, could equally be Nas, Owens, Pou or Windy. Exciting.

King statement game if we sort out our midfield and transition/inside 50 delivery woes. He loves playing on Andrews, it’s a competitive match up.

That’s me, will be watching in Austria, wish I was there though. Go saints

Feeling strangely zen about this one, we should probably lose it because they're a better side but anything could happen really. Fingers crossed for a big game from the Hammer, 4 marks total in the last 3 games isn't great but I still have faith in the kid.

Also this is the first time Seb's been emergency since round 18, 2015. We got thumped by Port away by 10 goals. Joey, Schneids, Chips and Seany Dempster were playing that day. Literally a generation ago in footy terms.

Saints by eleventy

The bed pooing ceases tonight!
Kingy 4
Higgo 3
Butler 3
Windy to have 25 plus

Can't make the game
Its too cold
Mean Girls Scream GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

I started watching footy full time during the 2020 season. There have been four matches between st kilda and Brisbane in that time.

2020, Round 13: Brisbane by 2 points.

2021, Round 17: St Kilda by 32.

2022, Round 13: Brisbane by 21.

2022, Round 22, Brisbane by 15.

All to say, I’m not scared of these blokes. A great team on paper who have comfortably been a tier above us in that time, and yet, we have been competitive in every single one of those matches, they’re very gettable.

I think Marshall has a big game, had 20 disposals (13 contested) and 42 hit outs against them last time and it’s a milestone game for him.

Also think one of our newer players will go bonkers but I honestly can’t choose who, could equally be Nas, Owens, Pou or Windy. Exciting.

King statement game if we sort out our midfield and transition/inside 50 delivery woes. He loves playing on Andrews, it’s a competitive match up.

That’s me, will be watching in Austria, wish I was there though. Go saints

That last game was a very limited and sore Saints side too. For some reason we match up okay against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we win this comfortably

The club has spent money on billboards and ads online and radio. I reckon we have been setting for this one. I expect Lyon to have been given this as a priority win. Even if we don't win I think we'll be playing like it's a final.

The club has spent money on billboards and ads online and radio. I reckon we have been setting for this one. I expect Lyon to have been given this as a priority win. Even if we don't win I think we'll be playing like it's a final.
I envisage Higgins kicking 1.7 already

If we are struggling on ball tonight I really hope we are proactive and take a risk & change it up early and have a look at midfield rotations predominantly comprising Crouch, Sinclair, Windhager and Owens (not as a ruck).

I know it’s easy to say & will unbalance the forward & back lines but let’s see what they can do in the centre and at stoppages.

If we are struggling on ball tonight I really hope we are proactive and take a risk & change it up early and have a look at midfield rotations predominantly comprising Crouch, Sinclair, Windhager and Owens (not as a ruck).

I know it’s easy to say & will unbalance the forward & back lines but let’s see what they can do in the centre and at stoppages.
Would still like to see Stocker have a gallop through there, predominantly played as a backman in AFL but a midfielder in the TAC cup.

From his draft profile….

“Missing Vic Metro’s crusade in the National Under 18 Championships with a broken jaw, Stocker’s name did not seem to feature in the conversation of 2018’s top prospects mid-year, but a dominant back-end of the TAC Cup season saw that change. The inside midfielder plays with aggression and tenacity and contributes in all facets of the game, having averaged 23 possessions (12 contested), six clearances, five inside 50s and five tackles from 12 games this season. His status as an elite midfielder became apparent when the Dragons hosted the Pioneers, gathering 35 disposals together with four marks, five tackles and a goal. The St Kilda supporter capped off a memorable season with the coveted Morrish Medal, recognised as the TAC Cup’s best-and-fairest, three votes clear atop the leader-board. It puts the talented junior cricketer in favourable company, with Richmond cult-hero Jack Higgins, Demons ball-magnet Clayton Oliver and Brisbane Lions Rolls-Royce Hugh McCluggage the past three recipients of the award.”

Would still like to see Stocker have a gallop through there, predominantly played as a backman in AFL but a midfielder in the TAC cup.

From his draft profile….

“Missing Vic Metro’s crusade in the National Under 18 Championships with a broken jaw, Stocker’s name did not seem to feature in the conversation of 2018’s top prospects mid-year, but a dominant back-end of the TAC Cup season saw that change. The inside midfielder plays with aggression and tenacity and contributes in all facets of the game, having averaged 23 possessions (12 contested), six clearances, five inside 50s and five tackles from 12 games this season. His status as an elite midfielder became apparent when the Dragons hosted the Pioneers, gathering 35 disposals together with four marks, five tackles and a goal. The St Kilda supporter capped off a memorable season with the coveted Morrish Medal, recognised as the TAC Cup’s best-and-fairest, three votes clear atop the leader-board. It puts the talented junior cricketer in favourable company, with Richmond cult-hero Jack Higgins, Demons ball-magnet Clayton Oliver and Brisbane Lions Rolls-Royce Hugh McCluggage the past three recipients of the award.”
Agree with that. I think he’s done enough to deserve a stint on ball every now and then just to see how he goes.

From his draft profile….

Paton's inclusion makes it more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back