Preview Round 15, 2023: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 23rd June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME* *CROUCH 150TH* *MARSHALL 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's a week away but it is Spud's game and there's already media coming out about it so figured we could house it all in here as part of the preview.

I really hope its not as depresssing as in prevous years. its really hard on the players to then get up for the game (i feel)

I trust Lyon to prepare them for big games much better than the last 2 coaches.

I really hope its not as depresssing as in prevous years. its really hard on the players to then get up for the game (i feel)
I don’t think last year’s lead into the game was quite as bad as the first year.
I suppose, understandably they made it about Spud, but it drained the life out of the team. They were mentally shot before the ball was bounced.

Now, it’s really more about mental health and is similar, emotion wise, to Maddies Match.

Another must win!
Breaking Bad Pizza GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun reporting Nas a chance to be suspended for a late hit on Rioli in the last quarter.

If that’s the case, you’d think either Paton and Sharman replaces him in the 22 and the other is the sub. Highmore could be considered too.

There are a few guys that need to be dropped or rested but we don't have many better replacements at the moment so I'm not expecting much change.

You would think Dougal Howard might be a chance to be dropped after getting dragged last night but I doubt that happens while Steele clearly needs a rest to try and get his body right but I doubt that will happen either for such a big game as this one.

Herald Sun reporting Nas a chance to be suspended for a late hit on Rioli in the last quarter.

If that’s the case, you’d think either Paton and Sharman replaces him in the 22 and the other is the sub. Highmore could be considered too.

He shouldn't go for that, it was soft as butter which Rioli made look worse than it was to milk a free kick but who knows with the MRO chook lotto.

If we want to get real about playing finals this year then we need to make up for last night and win this.
If we were real about finals we don’t lose last night

At least it won't be bucketing down with rain with this game being under a roof so that helps, we aren't a good wet weather team as last night showed.

Also Brisbane aren't nearly as good away from home as they are at home so that helps too, they will still go in as favourites but we are a decent chance.

Dougal deserves a spell but we’d be going in extremely short without him. Give Steele time off to get himself right and bring Bytel in, painful watching him playing injured.
I would bring Membrey in for Hammer also.

Ross and Byrnes probably have to stay for now as Steele is out. As soon as we get any of McKenzie, Jones and Billings ready to go, these 2 have got to make way.

I would bring Membrey in for Hammer also.

Ross and Byrnes probably have to stay for now as Steele is out. As soon as we get any of McKenzie, Jones and Billings ready to go, these 2 have got to make way.
Why is Steele out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back