Preview Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Friday 28th April, 7:50PM AEST *WOOD 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Power

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Billings would make the team betterand so would Max
I would like to see Billings back in the side as well. But currently there isn't many players that I would drop for him.
We always bang on about rewarding form and selection integrity in here. Going by that you couldn't justify dropping many or any of last week's 23. Potentially only Patto, Cordy and Windy but obviously position is an issue with 2 of those 3.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

It’s a weird spot you guys are in, the way you are tracking you are playing well and should play finals but I also agree with the general consensus of your fans that Hinkley has had his time and doubt he has it in him to be your next premiership coach.

The players seem to buy in and are playing for him though.

Where do you think he you need to finish for him to save his job?

I think it will be a pretty close game on Friday. We’ve had 1 day less turnaround but you guys have to travel so prob evens out.

Aliir has been in great form, wouldn’t be surprised if we stick someone close to him, like Cordy, to try and bring as much to the ground as possible.
He’d need to make the Gf to keep his job. Is my honest opinion. I’d rather say he needs to win it, but I’m trying to be realistic

At the moment Hunter is owning his spot. Jones is going to have displace a player who is performing in a winning side. It's not a good time to be outside the playing 22.
He is more than owning it. He is excelling. Has been very very good this year.

At the moment Hunter is owning his spot. Jones is going to have displace a player who is performing in a winning side. It's not a good time to be outside the playing 22.
which is what we have wanted for years

I completely disagree. You put 2014 Billings into this team and he’d be going every bit as well as Pou is. He was bloody good until he got Richoed.

You seem to be suggesting that Pou is the key reason that we’re 5 from 6 and that Billings was a key reason we finished bottom. Consequently making it very hard for me to take your argument seriously.

I only posted the stats comparison because they backed up my opinion. They weren’t the basis of my argument.

I want to see what Billings can do in a better system but no-one looks like they aren't contributing to the wins. It's very hard to break into a winning side. Even Membrey was lucky that Murphy is a soft **** whiny squib or he might have been waiting in a queue. King looks like the only player left outside the best 22 that looks a certain walk up and even he seems like he could have been rushed back. Webster close too but Paton did his chances of staying in no harm last game.

Billings has had 8 + years to proof himself

Every game we get into Owens - Pou - Windy is only taking the club forward
Agreed 100%. Our young guys are half the reason we are where we are atm. IMO the only reason you replace them would be a massive drop off in output or they look like they need the rest and that is far from the case currently.

I think opposition supporters claiming we're dour and boring haven't watched us much this year
They've probably only watched us dismember their own teams. Just sit back and enjoy the kerfuffle. By the time they realise what's reamed them we will be dancing on their cars.

we are winning have kids playing and playing well and now we want to rest them

You forgot the part about how we've been regular season stars many times, and then proceeded to fall over when it counts in September.

Plus you also forgot the part where our gameplan literally revolves around us running ourselves and our opposition into the ground.

In that context, calling for one guy who has just turned 18 to maybe have a week off is hardly us being unreasonable.

Jones's best is very good, just a matter of whether he can get himself there again

He had some good games and a consistent Jones could be a weapon but he's got to earn the chance to get back in the side and hope that a spot opens up too. There is an excitement in seeing what some of these inconsistent players will look at in a structured environment but I don't want to mess with what has been working too much.

He had some good games and a consistent Jones could be a weapon but he's got to earn the chance to get back in the side and hope that a spot opens up too. There is an excitement in seeing what some of these inconsistent players will look at in a structured environment but I don't want to mess with what has been working too much.
Yeah I doubt he'd ever return without earning his spot

Atm it's going to take an injury or drop off in form for him to get a chance most likely

It'll be good to have depth coming in to the back half of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot the part about how we've been regular season stars many times, and then proceeded to fall over when it counts in September.

Plus you also forgot the part where our gameplan literally revolves around us running ourselves and our opposition into the ground.

In that context, calling for one guy who has just turned 18 to maybe have a week off is hardly us being unreasonable.

We've played in 1 finals series in 12 years or something. I'm not sure we have any form line to read for finals. Ryder, Carlisle, Geary and Hanners were in our bests in our last finals win.

It’s unreasonable 6 games in when he has been at times an Xfactor and he hasn’t shown signs of needing a break.

Everyone is so quick to throw the likes of Billings Jones and if he gets fit again Dmac back into the 22.

When none of the current occupants deserve to be dropped or rested.

If the likes of Billings are so deserving of a game. They’ll continue breaking the ****ing door down.

Until then. Let everyone play. Especially the kids.

I don’t think it should be missed how much fun the boys are having and at times it’s being led by the Owens/Caminitis/Pous/Byrnes of the team

Our game plan does nothing of the sort. It involves us letting the opposite team have as much possession they want as we move into position...we actually save energy then use it on the sling shot.

It's not like it's a frenetic pace for all 4 quarters, it's very stop and go

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s unreasonable 6 games in when he has been at times an Xfactor and he hasn’t shown signs of needing a break.

Everyone is so quick to throw the likes of Billings Jones and if he gets fit again Dmac back into the 22.

When none of the current occupants deserve to be dropped or rested.

If the likes of Billings are so deserving of a game. They’ll continue breaking the ******* door down.

Until then. Let everyone play. Especially the kids.

I don’t think it should be missed how much fun the boys are having and at times it’s being led by the Owens/Caminitis/Pous/Byrnes of the team
I don't think anyone is quick to do it. I think people are realising that players are coming back and MAY have to be fitted back in. Now at the end of the day out POV is mute as it's up to the coaching staff and I don't think anyone here is part of that just quietly

Yeah I doubt he'd ever return without earning his spot

Atm it's going to take an injury or drop off in form for him to get a chance most likely

It'll be good to have depth coming in to the back half of the year

Exactly, what a luxury to have such competent depth. Coffield, Jones, Billings, Hammer, Sharman...even Campbell and Bytel are all competent players. It's pretty handy insurance for finals.

Have played once in September in 12 years ?
And me thinking he doesn’t need a rest because he is playing well and earning his spot in the team is hardly being unreasonable

We will see at selection on Thursday I guess

I don't think anyone is quick to do it. I think people are realising that players are coming back and MAY have to be fitted back in. Now at the end of the day out POV is mute as it's up to the coaching staff and I don't think anyone here is part of that just quietly

Look at the last few pages.

3 quarters in the VFL and people want Billings in like he is some gun. Ignoring that this side have just gone 5-1 without him.

He has only had 1 gun season in his career.

There is genuinely 1 bloke out injured that is arguably a walk up start as he is arguably our best player or Atleast the bloke with the biggest Xfactor on the list.

King.

Everyone else can and should be putting vfl footballers to the sword for a few weeks. Seeing as they aren’t talls vital to the 22. But mids that seem to have been replaced by younger better versions.

He’d need to make the Gf to keep his job. Is my honest opinion. I’d rather say he needs to win it, but I’m trying to be realistic
Port like playing on the Dockland fast deck. There are three forced changes and possible another player will get dropped this week.
Ken has dropped some of his gold passes and the team has been refreshed; DBJ playing forward has been a revelation.

The wild card is, does Charlie come back in (from injury).
Providing Lycett does not come back in, I expect Port to be a real chance.

Don’t know why it’s even a comparison between Billings first year and POU. nevermind that it’s comparing a whole season to a handful of games, it’s comparing completely different players. POU as a substitute tall forward has been fantastic with his high impact per possession, changing momentum in games, crashing the packs and kicking clutch 55m goals. I bet if you offered him a break he would tell you to **** off. Billings can’t do that role.

I dont think Billings comes in this week since he only played 3 quarters at Sandy.

But once he gets enough minutes into him, he should come back in because he is a better player than the Byrnes/Phillipou/Windhager's types right now.
Better than the first 2 in your opinion.

The third on performance was the most recent sub. So you could have a case.

On form Byrnes and Pou are ahead of Billings and until that form turns is how it should stay.

Port like playing on the Dockland fast deck. There are three forced changes and possible another player will get dropped this week.
Ken has dropped some of his gold passes and the team has been refreshed; DBJ playing forward has been a revelation.

The wild card is, does Charlie come back in (from injury).
Providing Lycett does not come back in, I expect Port to be a real chance.
For the first time in years this match up won’t be stkilda fearing what port can do or who is in the power side.

If any of the power fans have watched a number of our games. You’ll be going into this one thinking you’ll need your best to win and not be a real chance just because you turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back